The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misaki2
Hi. Did you get your offer together with the invitation to applicant's day or separately?

I got the offer first and then a couple of days later i got invited to the applicant day
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
I'm absolutely ecstatic to have an offer for Biomed, literally a dream come true for me:smile:
Loved the uni campus at the open day:smile:
Original post by Shumell
Omigosh
I applied for chemical engineering too! I got an applicant open day but not an offer ?

Hi there,

For Chemical Engineering, we send offers to applicants following Applicant Days. Applicant Days are a good way of you getting to see the Department and meet academics and students who are here. :smile:
Original post by Sam280297
My application reached my universities on the 7th of October and I got an offer of AAA for Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics on the 16th.

Been invited to an applicant day but have my Oxford admissions test that day. Anyone else in that same situation?

Hi Sam,

Don't worry, we have many Physics Applicant Days! If you are unable to make the Applicant Day requested then you can request to come on another date. Please email Martyn Jones on [email protected] who will be happy to help!
Original post by CD223
Anyone heard of offers for Computing / Computer Science? I've not heard anything yet and wondered whether they'd started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,
We have started making offers for Computer Science. It may be that your application is in our system but we haven’t quite got to you yet. :smile: If you’d like an update, please email Stef Allodi on [email protected]
Hope this helps!
Original post by TheShingster
I just got the invitation too. I guess they will email us within the next few days if we need an interview, on the PDF - it did say there was a one on one talk anyway though but this is probably informal.

Does this mean they pick us depending on the applicant day then?

Our Computer Science courses receive a lot of applications from people with varied backgrounds. If you are studying a BTEC, are a mature student, or entering at Level 2, then we will require an interview. However, you will receive an email from us requesting an interview, if you fall into one of these categories.

Otherwise, the Applicant Day is a way for you to experience the Department and meet academics and students who are here, and have informal discussions :smile:
Original post by Shumell
I have an applicant open day for chem eng but not an offer :s-smilie:, I was an early applicant so when will I be told??

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

As we mentioned before, for Chemical Engineering, we send offers to applicants following Applicant Days. :smile: If you are unable to make an Applicant Day, but you meet the grade requirements, you will receive an offer but it just takes a little longer. If you'd like more information or to change your applicant date, you could drop Stef Allodi an email on [email protected]

We hope this helps :smile:
Original post by TheShingster
Same here but for Computer Science, I was invited to an applicant day but I'm unsure if they give an offer to us based on the day.
Thanks

As with Chemical Engineering, we send offers to applicants following Applicant Days. It's a good opportunity to meet the academics and other students who are here. If you're unable to attend but you meet the requirements, it will mean you'd still get an offer but it'd take a little longer.
Original post by misaki2
Hi. I have received an invitation to the applicant's day. However because I live in the North, and they haven't told me yet if it is an interview or not, will I be in disadvantage if I don't go? I have applied to Chemeng.

Hi there, for Chemical Engineering, offers are usually made after attending an applicant day. They offer a good chance to meet with academics and other students. However, if you don't attend or aren't able to and meet the requirements you'd still be made an offer but it would take a little longer.

If you'd like more information or would like to attend a different day, you can email Stef Allodi on [email protected] who would be happy to help!
Reply 49
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi there,
We have started making offers for Computer Science. It may be that your application is in our system but we haven’t quite got to you yet. :smile: If you’d like an update, please email Stef Allodi on [email protected]
Hope this helps!

Thank you very much! I have an invitation to the 19/11 applicant day but as yet have not heard about any formal interview, so I didn't want to read too much into what it meant for the status of my application!
Reply 50
Original post by Shumell
Hi guys.... just wondering who is applying for chemical engineering? And if you are, have you got your offer?

And who else is going to the applicant open day on the 12th of November?!

:biggrin:
Good luckk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact situation as you, same course, I got invited for an applicant day but no offer?
Reply 51
Original post by Bricktop
I'm in the exact situation as you, same course, I got invited for an applicant day but no offer?

Don't worry, the chem eng admissions team (I think that's who they are) mentioned they give offers after the app. Open day.

I'm going this wednesday- what about you?
Reply 52
Original post by Shumell
Don't worry, the chem eng admissions team (I think that's who they are) mentioned they give offers after the app. Open day.

I'm going this wednesday- what about you?

Thats good. Why is everything on 12/09/2014?
I have an interview on that day so I had to change it to 10/12/2014. Where else have you applied to and have you heard back from any?
Reply 53
Thats good. Why is everything on 12/09/2014?
I have an interview on that day so I had to change it to 10/12/2014. Where else have you applied to and have you heard back from any?

Ah good luck with your interview :smile:
I'm applying to 3 medical schools and chemical engineering at Surrey and UCL. And I haven't heard back from any others:/

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Shumell
Ah good luck with your interview :smile:
I'm applying to 3 medical schools and chemical engineering at Surrey and UCL. And I haven't heard back from any others:/

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying UCL chem eng too, I heard they take forever to reply - like march?
Reply 55
I'm applying UCL chem eng too, I heard they take forever to reply - like march?

Really? Oh dammit. Because I was an early applicant, I'd have thought they'd reply earlier.

Whats your specific course at surrey/ucl called? I'm doing chem eng with biosystems at surrey and biochem eng at ucl.
Reply 56
Original post by Shumell
Really? Oh dammit. Because I was an early applicant, I'd have thought they'd reply earlier.

Whats your specific course at surrey/ucl called? I'm doing chem eng with biosystems at surrey and biochem eng at ucl.

I'm doing chem eng on its own in both UCL and Surrey. I don't know about the biochem eng but chemical eng last year took till around march ish time to reply. What's your grades like?
Reply 57
I'm doing chem eng on its own in both UCL and Surrey. I don't know about the biochem eng but chemical eng last year took till around march ish time to reply. What's your grades like?

I got Bs at AS, predicted 3As, doing some resits so maybe higher. Are you reapplying?
Has anyone got an offer for psychology? I've not applied yet but I hope to within the next 2 weeks and I just wanna know roughly how long I'd be waiting:smile:
Politics and Economics - A*AA :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending