The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiliasAnnabel
exactly what i thought :smile: been doing some research bc mines on the 3rd! and it seems exactly that if you know about the subject youl be fine :smile: just really want to go theeere. thanks x

I know the feeling, that's my first choice too and my interview is on 3rd also. I got rejected from there last year just based on my grades. But I've met the requirements this year :smile: I'm sure we'll be ok hehe
i hope so too! just got rejected from reading :frown: good luck! x
Reply 262
Pretty scary hearing how far people are getting with their applications when I haven't sent mine in yet! Am going to next week though, eep.

One question; as a mature student who finished her degree through the Open University and didn't meet her tutors much, I still ask one of them for a reference, yeah? Do I need another one/would it be helpful or does it make no difference?

Good luck to everyone, keep trying if you've had rejections!
i hope so too! just got rejected from reading :frown: good luck! x

Oh noooooo :frown: their loss. What other universities have you applied to? Have your added yourself to the table I created? :smile: x
Original post by jisici
Pretty scary hearing how far people are getting with their applications when I haven't sent mine in yet! Am going to next week though, eep.

One question; as a mature student who finished her degree through the Open University and didn't meet her tutors much, I still ask one of them for a reference, yeah? Do I need another one/would it be helpful or does it make no difference?

Good luck to everyone, keep trying if you've had rejections!

I only know that some universities only accept the one reference, there wouldn't be any point in taking a second one. It may be different with undergraduate. Maybe contact your choices and see what they say?
Reply 265
Original post by nesca89
I only know that some universities only accept the one reference, there wouldn't be any point in taking a second one. It may be different with undergraduate. Maybe contact your choices and see what they say?

Yeah.. good advice, thanks. I met with the senior admissions officer for DMU and totally forgot to ask, doh. He was lovely though! lots less nervous :smile:

Looking round Birmingham on Saturday, eep!
Original post by jisici
Yeah.. good advice, thanks. I met with the senior admissions officer for DMU and totally forgot to ask, doh. He was lovely though! lots less nervous :smile:

Looking round Birmingham on Saturday, eep!

Oh that's a good idea, how come you met with him can I ask? Just wondering :smile: I've applied to dmu too but kind of as a last choice! Have fun on Saturday. :smile:
Reply 267
I couldn't make the open days so I just asked :smile: plus I have m.e. so met the disability officer etc to discuss my options. Really liked the feel of the uni, But think I missed out on a lot not going to the open day..
Original post by jisici
I couldn't make the open days so I just asked :smile: plus I have m.e. so met the disability officer etc to discuss my options. Really liked the feel of the uni, But think I missed out on a lot not going to the open day..

Ah fair enough, I'm glad you got a good feel from the uni :smile: I haven't managed to make it to my main uni open day :frown: but I'm hoping it won't make too much of a difference
Original post by jisici

Don't worry about not visiting the uni - I never went to an open day for my uni and only visited it properly after I accepted the offer, but I absolutely love it here! You could always ask to speak to a current student to get a better inside view?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if Reading send acknowledgement emails, I have them from my other choices and just wondered so I'm not waiting if it's never going to come...thanks!
Original post by Dancer32014
Does anyone know if Reading send acknowledgement emails, I have them from my other choices and just wondered so I'm not waiting if it's never going to come...thanks!

I haven't received acknowledge from any of my choices, but I still have an interview so I wouldn't worry too much about it
Reply 272
Original post by Dancer32014

No you don't get an acknowledgement email but if they short list you (takes around 2 weeks) you get an email with a questionnaire - good luck :smile:
Man Met, leeds Beckett, Manchester and BCU
and you? x will do!:smile:
Man Met, leeds Beckett, Manchester and BCU
and you? x will do!:smile:

Same as you but not BCU. I done DMU and Sheffield instead. What is your first choice? :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Same as you but not BCU. I done DMU and Sheffield instead. What is your first choice? :smile:

Forgot to ask but is your interview for MMU at Birley Fields campus?
Original post by AmyPilot
Forgot to ask but is your interview for MMU at Birley Fields campus?

It is yes, you'll probably see a bunch of people who look like nervous wrecks haha
Original post by nesca89
It is yes, you'll probably see a bunch of people who look like nervous wrecks haha

We don't tend to have lectures on Wednesday afternoons so won't be spying on you lol.

Good luck to everyone - really good to see some news start filtering through for SLT applicants.
Original post by nesca89

Oh and when I was there for interview last year(well it was a different campus then but that won't make a difference) it was teeming with other course applicants (mostly physio) so loads in the same boat!
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh and when I was there for interview last year(well it was a different campus then but that won't make a difference) it was teeming with other course applicants (mostly physio) so loads in the same boat!

Ah right, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one a mess anyway haha. It will all be ok on the day I'm sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest