The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Is anybody going to the DMU open day on Saturday? I want to, but I have no one to go with and I'm not sure about going alone :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 281
Original post by Woro
Is anybody going to the DMU open day on Saturday? I want to, but I have no one to go with and I'm not sure about going alone :frown:

I'm afraid I'm not, but I went to a campus tour and met the admissions officer and I can honestly say everyone I met was lovely and there's a Costa there for lunch. Go along and feel free to message me/us about it when you're there so you don't feel less alone :smile:
Just got an email from Sheffield and got my hopes up.. It was just asking about criminal convictions hahaha
Has anyone heard from them?
Original post by eskimok1
Just got an email from Sheffield and got my hopes up.. It was just asking about criminal convictions hahaha
Has anyone heard from them?

I heard from them telling me i have applied for the wrong course haha . so they have changed it now, other than that I've not heard anything. Its all gone quiet on the uni replies front I think!
Reply 284
I'm going the the DMU open day tomorrow! and the one at Manchester on the 22nd and at Plymouth on the 29th.
Hi! I've been spying for a while and thought I'd join...I'm applying for Speech and Language Therapy for the first time, and am taking Biology, English Language, Religion and Philosophy, Psychology and the Extended Project Qualification for A2 :smile: Is anyone going to the open day at Marjon this Saturday? Don't know if there is much point going if they don't respond with an offer or rejection soon...
Reply 286
I went to BCU open day on Saturday and actually liked it more than I thought I would.. they go to Belgium in their last year and get together with trainee SLTs from all over the EU :biggrin:
Hi,

Did BCU give any indication about the timing of their responses re interview / rejection?

Thanks
Reply 288
Original post by soufflekitty
Hi! I've been spying for a while and thought I'd join...I'm applying for Speech and Language Therapy for the first time, and am taking Biology, English Language, Religion and Philosophy, Psychology and the Extended Project Qualification for A2 :smile: Is anyone going to the open day at Marjon this Saturday? Don't know if there is much point going if they don't respond with an offer or rejection soon...

I want to go to Marjon but I don't think I'll be able to Dx Could you let me know what it's like if you end up going? (:
Reply 289
Original post by shropshirelass51
Hi,

Did BCU give any indication about the timing of their responses re interview / rejection?

Thanks

I don't actually know, I'm afraid! I know they are a lot sooner than some unis like De Montfort though, from looking at last year's thread. They're the two I really want to go to. BCU was great for support and course content but the accommodation isn't the nicest... Plus there doesn't seem to be too much SU events or societies people get involved with.. the city has a good buzz though. Opinions/experiences welcome!
Reply 290
Has anyone else got an interview at Birmingham on the 1st December?
Original post by h_lumb1

Yes, I got an email from BCU at 11.30 last night! What time's yours?
Original post by jredwards21
Thank you, good luck to you too! I got an interview for BCU in December :smile: How have you got on? X

Got an email last night at 11.30pm inviting me for interview at BCU so may see you there!
Reply 293
Original post by shropshirelass51
Yes, I got an email from BCU at 11.30 last night! What time's yours?

Its at 1:30 how about you?
Same, see you there!
Original post by h_lumb1

Yup, December 1st! I wasn't expecting one at all, so it was a bit of a surprise, to say the least!!!
Reply 296
has anyone here applied to cardiff-met? :smile:
Congratulations to all who have recently received interviews! :smile: it's been a little quiet for a while now, so hopefully more interviews will start to be handed out to us all hehe.

Don't forget to add yourself to this table to keep us all updated :smile: thank youuuu xx

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Speech_and_Language_Therapy_undergraduate_courses_2015
Original post by Woro
I want to go to Marjon but I don't think I'll be able to Dx Could you let me know what it's like if you end up going? (:
Yeah sure! Hoping the campus will be nice, not really had a proper look yet...
Original post by jk1995
has anyone here applied to cardiff-met? :smile:

Yep! Have you heard anything back yet? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest