The Student Room Group

Worrying like CRAZY!

I applied last Wednesday and no one has got back to me yet about offers/interviews. The only reply I have got is from Liverpool John Moores, and they rejected me....

I had a problem with my personal statement, because some of the content was similar to someone else's who applied a couple of years back. This really worried me because I didn't look at the internet or copy anyone else's at all!

I rang up all of the unis i applied to and Edge Hill was the only one who asked me to send a revised PS and not to worry because it happens all the time!!

I went to the open day at Edge Hill on Saturday and I spoke to the midwifery admissions tutor and she gave me her contact email and also asked if she could have my mobile number so she could ring me about it,(no phone call yet..). She also told me not to worry as it happens all the time because there are thousands of applicants applying for the same course, so it's inevitable that some phrases used are going to be the same...

I have applied to:
-Edge Hill (my favourite)
-Nottingham
-York
-Huddersfield
-Liverpool John Moores (rejection)

I got rejected from LJM because apparently my personal statement didn't state the in depth role of midwives, and professional reading would help to strengthen it

Even though I've been told not to worry, I still am! Uggghhh
Breathe! This is a super busy time for admissions and a response might take a while. I applied for my courses before you and I've had offers from 2, 2 need a work place reference and the other has acknowledged my application but I haven't had an offer or rejection. I have a couple of friends in admissions and they're both rushed off their feet, but just because it's taking a while doesn't mean you need to panic! Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RachaelBee
Breathe! This is a super busy time for admissions and a response might take a while. I applied for my courses before you and I've had offers from 2, 2 need a work place reference and the other has acknowledged my application but I haven't had an offer or rejection. I have a couple of friends in admissions and they're both rushed off their feet, but just because it's taking a while doesn't mean you need to panic! Good luck. :smile:

*breathes*

thankyou for the reply! I think the thing that I'm worried about is the personal statement issue! :frown: xx
Original post by maisierosej
*breathes*

thankyou for the reply! I think the thing that I'm worried about is the personal statement issue! :frown: xx

That's totally understandable but if they're aware and only Edge Hill has asked you to do something I wouldn't worry. There's only so much that can be said in personal statements unless you're a weird candidate (like I am) so there's bound to be overlap.
Reply 4
Original post by RachaelBee
That's totally understandable but if they're aware and only Edge Hill has asked you to do something I wouldn't worry. There's only so much that can be said in personal statements unless you're a weird candidate (like I am) so there's bound to be overlap.

PHEEWWW! Thank you so so much, I feel a lot better!! :biggrin: how come you're a weird candidate? Hahaha! xx
*breathes*

Since you have been reassured by someone who actually has power over these things and it hasn't had any effect, then nothing anyone on here can say is going to make things any better. It's only been a week. There is plenty of time. The percentage of similarity in a ps is reported to the universities by Ucas and it's up to them to decide whether they are going to act on it. If the Edge Hill tutor said it was fine and they accepted a second PS, then that is as good as it's going to get, so try to calm down.
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Since you have been reassured by someone who actually has power over these things and it hasn't had any effect, then nothing anyone on here can say is going to make things any better. It's only been a week. There is plenty of time. The percentage of similarity in a ps is reported to the universities by Ucas and it's up to them to decide whether they are going to act on it. If the Edge Hill tutor said it was fine and they accepted a second PS, then that is as good as it's going to get, so try to calm down.

It's very hard to be calm, because it's my future .. But thankyou for the reassurance, I'm starting feel a lot more relaxed now I've heard what people are saying xx
PHEEWWW! Thank you so so much, I feel a lot better!! :biggrin: how come you're a weird candidate? Hahaha! xx

I picked a degree after working for a few years and I've ended up with relevant experience in several branches of study and I got an amazing chance to shadow a friend... except to her 'shadowing' meant setting up a 6 week project helping her in her research. Plus I have done all my A levels whilst working full time, but I've done 2 A2 levels and 2 AS so some universities are really nice and helpful and accommodating but some are super rude.
It's very hard to be calm, because it's my future .. But thankyou for the reassurance, I'm starting feel a lot more relaxed now I've heard what people are saying xx

That's very understandable, but try to listen to what somebody who has some say in the matter has said. No one else has the inside knowledge to add anything to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending