The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellice97
Hey! Got an interview for Uni of Manchester, but it hasn't come up on track...has any one else confirmed the date via track or is it through the invitation email?

Thank you, and well done on the interview guys!x

Original post by InDreams
The answer is probably obvious but how do you confirm an interview date if you get it through email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you receive an interview in an email, you should reply back to confirm that you can make it. Uni of Manchester didn't update their track last year until the decision day where it changed to either successful or unsuccessful. Hope this helps :smile:
Are there many people around who haven't applied yet? Haven't started on my ps... Will do soon. And also what is the deal with Reading? Do they interview too, I'm confused.
Reply 382
Original post by schmee2
Are there many people around who haven't applied yet? Haven't started on my ps... Will do soon. And also what is the deal with Reading? Do they interview too, I'm confused.

I haven't applied yet! still working on my personal statement, and waiting for my references (I'm a mature student so I need them for my first uni). I don't know about Reading because I'm not applying there, but I think everywhere is interviewing, it just varies from place to place as to how they do it.
Original post by schmee2

Reading does an online questionnaire :smile: the only place that doesn't interview that I'm aware of is Strathclyde.
Don't worry, I hadn't applied by this time last year either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi :smile: Just thought I'd join this thread because I'm applying to Speech and Language Therapy courses straight from college at the moment. I have applied to Newcastle, Reading, Sheffield, Manchester Metropolitan and De Montfort. I have completed the Reading questionnaire and have interviews for Manchester Met and Sheffield in December. I hope everyone is getting on well :smile: I am very anxious about the interviews...
Just got an interview from DMU!!! Heard from 4 unis now, one to go! :smile:
So did I :smile: I have 4 now as well!
Woohoo!!!! interview at DMU. Just waiting for Sheffield and Leeds now.
Got an interview at DMU as well! Just waiting for Sheffield and City now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have an interview for DMU! :smile: congratulations to everyone :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by schmee2

I'm finished with my application but haven't sent it off yet as I'm still waiting for my referee :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
Hi, I haven't been offered interview from DMU, but also haven't been rejected so I'm little confused seeing as I applied over a month ago. Did people receive their interviews via track or via email?
I've got an interview for UEA at the moment
Original post by anomea
Hi, I haven't been offered interview from DMU, but also haven't been rejected so I'm little confused seeing as I applied over a month ago. Did people receive their interviews via track or via email?

All that means is that you weren't an applicant with the exact qualities that they were looking for, but you are good enough to the extent where they're still considering giving you an interview :smile: early days yet, fingers crossed for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an online questionnaire for Reading! 3/5 now ^^ anyone heard back from City University or Cardiff Met? 😊😊
Reply 396
Original post by Butterfly9595
All that means is that you weren't an applicant with the exact qualities that they were looking for, but you are good enough to the extent where they're still considering giving you an interview :smile: early days yet, fingers crossed for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm little bit worried seeing as DMU's my insurance choice, so I kind of need it just in case my exams don't pan out so well.
I applied to BCU in September and hadn't heard anything back and then saw someone had got an interview there, so I presumed the worse. However, two weeks later several people on this forum were invited to interviews at BCU, including me, so you shouldn't give up hope!
Original post by anomea

I know they didn't interview last year but DMU were one of the slowest unis for replying so hang in there, plenty of time yet to hear some news,
Original post by anomea
Thanks for clearing that up, I'm little bit worried seeing as DMU's my insurance choice, so I kind of need it just in case my exams don't pan out so well.

There's another interview session for 21st January so you might be in that one, everyone who has heard so far is in the December one :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest