The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amypewwy
Hi!
Has anyone else had an email about Leeds interviews? Saying that they have got one but track should be updated sometime this month?
And also I got an interview for BCU for the 30th January but I'm slightly worried as I feel this is really late? As everyone seems to have had their interviews for BCU? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

On interview day on December 1st BIrmingham
said that they hold around 5 interview sessions so dont worry. It all depends on application dates.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1041
Hi!
Has anyone else had an email about Leeds interviews? Saying that they have got one but track should be updated sometime this month?
And also I got an interview for BCU for the 30th January but I'm slightly worried as I feel this is really late? As everyone seems to have had their interviews for BCU? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was starting to think that I was going to get rejected from bcu as they said they normally contact you after 3 weeks and I waited 6! I got an email on the 20th December offering an interview for the same day as yours :smile: but I don't think it'll put us at a disadvantage because they said they had around 70 places
Hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, when did you make your application? I applied in November and still haven't heard anything about an interview[confused
For BCU...sorry!
I rang Leeds today asking how long the turn around time is and asking them to confirm whether they'd received my application. She said that they'd received it but because the course is so popular they can make decisions up until March so I feel no further forward..... All I want is an email from them :,(

At least DMU said they'd take up to 10 days.
Original post by JordanC55
I rang Leeds today asking how long the turn around time is and asking them to confirm whether they'd received my application. She said that they'd received it but because the course is so popular they can make decisions up until March so I feel no further forward..... All I want is an email from them :,(

At least DMU said they'd take up to 10 days.

Is that up to March to give out interviews or for you to hear back from interviews?
March is ages away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Is that up to March to give out interviews or for you to hear back from interviews?
March is ages away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

She didn't specify, i just asked for decisions; obviously Leeds is gonna be a long road
Hi, i'm new to the student room!
Can anybody offer me advice about interviews please? I've been invited for one by Man Met but I'm really panicking about how I should prepare for it? Also does anybody know if there's a face-to-face interview as well as the written interview?
Hope somebody can help xxx
Original post by Higlet
March is ages away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds are holding interviews in February and March, they stated it in an email to me :smile:
Original post by FizMalik
Hi, i'm new to the student room!
Can anybody offer me advice about interviews please? I've been invited for one by Man Met but I'm really panicking about how I should prepare for it? Also does anybody know if there's a face-to-face interview as well as the written interview?
Hope somebody can help xxx

Welcome to the forum! And good luck with your application. The best thing to do is do some reading about the career and you should be fine :smile: there is no face to face interview at man met but there are at some other universities :smile: good luck!
Original post by nesca89
Welcome to the forum! And good luck with your application. The best thing to do is do some reading about the career and you should be fine :smile: there is no face to face interview at man met but there are at some other universities :smile: good luck!

Ah thank you! Do you know whether BCU or DMU conduct face-to-face interviews?

I'm not sure about bcu but I think dmu do yes, I have an interview there next week so I suppose I should find out really haha
Original post by nesca89
Leeds are holding interviews in February and March, they stated it in an email to me :smile:

I know they'll be doing interviews then, just wondered if they'll still be handing out interviews in February too coz I still haven't heard from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

BCU is just a written interview! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
I know they'll be doing interviews then, just wondered if they'll still be handing out interviews in February too coz I still haven't heard from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see... Well i assume it will be end of January and then early Feb for interview hand outs :smile: I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll hear
Stange question but you know on track, if you receive an offer does it still show at the top that 5 universities are considering you. Or does it change to 4?

BCU s a written interview. DMU is a round of individual interviews I think.
Original post by nesca89
Stange question but you know on track, if you receive an offer does it still show at the top that 5 universities are considering you. Or does it change to 4?

It changes I think
Original post by nesca89
I'm not sure about bcu but I think dmu do yes, I have an interview there next week so I suppose I should find out really haha

Thank you! I hope your interview goes wonderfully

Original post by Higlet
BCU is just a written interview! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Growingold
BCU s a written interview. DMU is a round of individual interviews I think.

Thanks a lot guys!
I received an email from BCU today asking me to send copies of all my qualification and saying they wanted an additional reference and then they will make me an offer. I am a mature student and have degree certificates, PGCE, etc, but don't have my GCSE's and didn't take A levels. It's so long ago I don't think my school which is about to close, will have the details. Any one got any suggestions?

BCU must be about to make offers, I would guess.

Quick Reply

Latest