The Student Room Group

Would you leave your partner if they didn't want intercourse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by davoolaaa
Your penis is definitely not that big :s-smilie:

The size isn't the problem. Some girls just get sore quickly and then even if you have 3 inches long penks you will still hurt them
Original post by Nottie
If you are boys, then you are both perfect

Yes I am. On both counts.
I don't know. Depends on the relationship entirely.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
No because I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone just for sex, I also like hugs and kisses and just being with the person makes me happy.
Reply 24
Original post by Vikki1805
Yes.

And this is why Vikki is wifey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bedo
And this is why Vikki is wifey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheeky. :wink:
Shed have a month before I dumped her. I'm not into kiddy relationships or relationships in which the woman controls the terms of the relationship.
No way.
Plus other sexual favours sounds more interesting, upupu...
Probably yes as we wouldn't be truly compatible, I could wait a bit though.
If she never wanted to have sex that would of course be problematic but I would have no problem waiting until she was ready.
No, I wouldn't.
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
Not intercourse no but it hurts even when putting a Tampon in : /

I will admit, the other thing I really worry about too is sti's. I've been seeing an older guy in his late thirties and I know he has had a lot of women, he seems to go out with women for months and then change his woman..a player (red flag I know but that's beside the topic) but I still like him. He also tried it on one night with no mention of a condom and said that he would use the 'pull out' method so he probably hasn't been safe in his past. Even with a condom sti's like hpv are easily spread. I get the impression that people see it as being a bit over the top to tell new partners to get tested before sex though. So I suppose my sti 'phobia' is part of the reason of avoiding intercourse too.

I know this isn't what you're asking about, but it sounds like you really shouldn't have sex with this guy! Unless you've told him that you're on the pill it's awful that he wants to use the pill out method, he's risking pregnancy never mind stds!

You should be having sex with someone you trust and who is willing to go gently and patiently with you. Sex shouldn't hurt, never mind tampons so although it will be scary I seriously recommend you see a doctor. They are likely to help you be able to enjoy Sex normally and get rid of your pain
Reply 32
well yeah cos if this person would now be the person youre going to spend the rest of your life with, what happens when it comes to starting a family?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. He wouldn't be my boyfriend if I didn't love him and I wouldn't leave someone over sex if I loved them.

I will admit, the other thing I really worry about too is sti's. I've been seeing an older guy in his late thirties and I know he has had a lot of women, he seems to go out with women for months and then change his woman..a player (red flag I know but that's beside the topic) but I still like him. He also tried it on one night with no mention of a condom and said that he would use the 'pull out' method so he probably hasn't been safe in his past. Even with a condom sti's like hpv are easily spread. I get the impression that people see it as being a bit over the top to tell new partners to get tested before sex though. So I suppose my sti 'phobia' is part of the reason of avoiding intercourse too.

Hopefully you've had your HPV vaccines by now?

You're entirely right that this guy's being irresponsible, and you're right to be worried about STIs but there's a reason they call it "safe sex". :wink: It is possible to minimise the risk of STI transmission, but it is simply a risk associated with having sex. You're right: even when using condoms, STIs can be transmitted, but by and large, you're safe as long as you're responsible. Everyone has had a condom break on them, or know someone who's had it happen. The best thing you can do is educate yourself and know how to avoid it: it's still possible to have casual sex safely, and obviously the risk with a long-term monogamous partner who's tested negatively is incredibly small. I think yours is quite a normal "phobia" to have, but there's no reason to let this stop you from enjoying sex with a partner!

It may be worth seeing your GP about your pain: this sort of thing does have a serious negative effect on people's sex lives, and if you're struggling to insert tampons, it may be a bad sign. Like Eliza mentioned, some girls suffer from severe vaginismus and struggle to insert anything at all, but it's something that can be worked on, and something sexual therapy can help with, if you want to have sex in the future and struggle with this sort of thing.

That shouldn't hurt... see your doctor, there might be a physical reason that can be easily fixed, or a psyschological reason which can be treated.

Don't use it as a reason to give up on sex. Sex shouldn't hurt if done right, if it does, you, as a couple are doing something wrong, or there is a medical reason for it.

Also, guys can have pain during sex if they have a condition called phimosis.

In reply to the OP, if someone didn't want sex because it hurt them and they'd been through all avenues to fix it, I wouldn't leave them, hopefully we'd find other ways for sexual fulfillment if they wouldn't have sex because they were paranoid about stis, even after testing and always using condoms, I probably would leave them because that shows a lack of trust, I couldn't be in a relationship without trust
If your girlfriend or boyfriend didn't want intercourse (for whatever reason maybe it hurt or she was scared of sti's etc) but was willing to do other sexual things, would you leave her/him?

No of course not! I would love them for the person they are and not the sex, that's just a bonus! I would respect them enough to understand that they were not yet ready and i would wait until they were
No. It's something you'll just have to accept and live with. Man up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I liked them a lot I'd be willing to take a lot of time to work through any problems, but if they just said "no sex, never, no arguments", I'd leave. I'd just end up really frustrated in that position.
Reply 39
Thats why I left my ex although I wouldnt say we were properly properly serious, we tried a couple of times but then I gave up on him, he gave up on himself though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending