The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsMoonie
Not a clue lovely.. I had my interview on the 1st December like a lot of people I think! But because I applied straight to them, they said I should hear back from the uni itself before Christmas! But obviously that went to pot.. I think I've failed miserably and I won't be getting a place this year.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny you think that because I feel that way too and I haven't even had an interview yet! I applied back in November and I've heard people that applied after me have had interviews so far so I think i'm on the 'maybe not' pile of applicants! So stressful...I really thought I had a chance and I wanted this soooo much!! I have a bit of hope left, but not too much if i'm honest. Hope it all goes great for all of us, and in a few weeks we've secured a place and the rest is history!!!:wink:!!
Original post by naimah_786
Hi where is this stroke association if ou don't mind me asking?

The Stroke Society are a National organisation and are always looking for volunteers. I think you may have to be over 18 though. If you google Stroke Association their website will come up and there is usually something in it about volunteering opportunities.
Original post by JaaySLT
Funny you think that because I feel that way too and I haven't even had an interview yet! I applied back in November and I've heard people that applied after me have had interviews so far so I think i'm on the 'maybe not' pile of applicants! So stressful...I really thought I had a chance and I wanted this soooo much!! I have a bit of hope left, but not too much if i'm honest. Hope it all goes great for all of us, and in a few weeks we've secured a place and the rest is history!!!:wink:!!

I hope so :frown: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsMoonie
Rang BCU again :frown: told my application is still in the process.. And will hear very soon.. Which they said 2 weeks ago! Boo hoo :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's nerve-wracking, all that waiting, isn't it? And you feel like everything's kind of on hold until you know, even more so as a mature student I think.. having to put all your eggs in one basket! I hope you get positive news soon :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can someone add me to the table? :smile:
I had an interview for MMU on 3rd Dec and got an offer on the 7th January
Interview at Manchester 10th Dec and still waiting to hear from them
Rejection from DMU
Interview at Newcastle on 17th Dec and offer on the 24th Dec
And I've got an interview at Sheffiled for the 26th January :smile:

The offers are conditional for AAB or ABB at Newcastle if I get an A in my Extended Project Dissertation :biggrin:

For those still waiting, hold on cos' ucas deadline has closed now so they have no excuse!! Hope everyone's okay :smile: x
Original post by Ellice97
Please can someone add me to the table? :smile:
I had an interview for MMU on 3rd Dec and got an offer on the 7th January
Interview at Manchester 10th Dec and still waiting to hear from them
Rejection from DMU
Interview at Newcastle on 17th Dec and offer on the 24th Dec
And I've got an interview at Sheffiled for the 26th January :smile:

The offers are conditional for AAB or ABB at Newcastle if I get an A in my Extended Project Dissertation :biggrin:

For those still waiting, hold on cos' ucas deadline has closed now so they have no excuse!! Hope everyone's okay :smile: x

Hi Ellice, I've added you to the table. Congratulations on your offers and good luck for Sheffield! :smile:
Original post by JaaySLT
Gosh. Thanks for updating...I've heard nothing either. Is this normal for them to be taking so long? Seriously...some of us have been waiting on news for months now!!!

Thanks from here too. I still haven't heard back post-interview either. I was thinking of calling early next week after no news today. I think they are still considering us and know exactly how you feel! Hopefully we'll get good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
It's nerve-wracking, all that waiting, isn't it? And you feel like everything's kind of on hold until you know, even more so as a mature student I think.. having to put all your eggs in one basket! I hope you get positive news soon :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is indeed! I had a little song come into my head this afternoon and it made me smile. I thought I'd post it here and it goes out to all of us on here:

(In the voice of Phil Collins)..

" You can't hurry Track
No, you'll just have to wait
An offer don't come easy
But it's a game of give and take
You can't hurry Track
Just trust in a good time
No matter how long it takes..."

Tra la la....

:wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CuriousLinguist
It is indeed! I had a little song come into my head this afternoon and it made me smile. I thought I'd post it here and it goes out to all of us on here:

(In the voice of Phil Collins)..

" You can't hurry Track
An offer don't come easy
But it's a game of give and take
You can't hurry Track
Just trust in a good time
No matter how long it takes..."

Tra la la....

:wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha this absolutely made me laugh! Well done for bringing joy to this nervous situation haha
Has anyone had a Sheffield interview yet?
Got one next week and was just wondering what it involves roughly and whether I should prepare?
Original post by eskimok1
Has anyone had a Sheffield interview yet?
Got one next week and was just wondering what it involves roughly and whether I should prepare?

Yes- it includes a short individual interview, a group task and some written questions. Good understanding of the profession/role and reflection on your experience are the key points, I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting for Leeds :frown: - also nervous for the interview @ DMU
Original post by Clivia
Yep, a few of us. I've had two actually, for under- and postgraduate. Have you had one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got one on the 26th for speech science! anything i should expect?
Starting to get worried now as within 4 days of sending my UCAS off I got an offer from Sheffield for speech science and a rejection for SLT from Reading but got offered language science and psychology instead, so far have't got any for actual SLT and starting to wonder if I will :s-smilie: starting to think the a levels i'm doing aren't want they are wanting compared to other students :s-smilie:
Original post by Savyannah
Starting to get worried now as within 4 days of sending my UCAS off I got an offer from Sheffield for speech science and a rejection for SLT from Reading but got offered language science and psychology instead, so far have't got any for actual SLT and starting to wonder if I will :s-smilie: starting to think the a levels i'm doing aren't want they are wanting compared to other students :s-smilie:

The SLT course in Sheffield is actually called BMedSci Speech Science, course B620, is that what you got an offer for??

Posted from TSR Mobile
People that have been to Sheffield, did anyone get a bus from Sheffield train station to the department of human communication? Their website has no information about public transport and I do not trust google maps anyway for buses!!
Original post by HowayGuapa
People that have been to Sheffield, did anyone get a bus from Sheffield train station to the department of human communication? Their website has no information about public transport and I do not trust google maps anyway for buses!!

Traveline is a good website for public transport across the country, so might be worth a look there?
Original post by madagascar
Traveline is a good website for public transport across the country, so might be worth a look there?

Genius, thanks!
Reply 1278
Original post by JordanC55
Still waiting for Leeds :frown: - also nervous for the interview @ DMU

Do we need to take anything with us for the interview at DMU? Like identification documents or anything like that?
Reply 1279
Original post by Federzoni
Has anyone been accepted into Reading yet? I've sent off questionnaire and they said they would reply by today but haven't yet :/

I sent off my application at the end of November and haven't heard a single thing from Reading!! I am slightly worried now as it has been quite a while! Do you know if they do it in stages or anything? It's been about 10 weeks now and i'm getting rather stressed about it!

Quick Reply

Latest