The Student Room Group

Contact ex employer over pay

Hi,

I worked at river island for a bit over christmas as an X-mas temp. I've now left, but have only received about half of what I should have been paid - it's now nearly a month since my last day. I was paid about half of what i was owed. After speaking to permanent staff, it seems that contacting the shop itself is useless for stuff like this - who do i contact about this? The account I have for the website they use to pay us closes in the first week of Feb so i would like to sort this quickly.

Thanks
Original post by bd17

Have you actually stood in the shop and asked? The Manager is much more likely to focus and prioritise the issue if you are standing on the shop floor asking. An email doesn't make it their problem. You don't have to cause a scene, but someone standing in front of them is their problem.
Original post by bd17
Hi,

I worked at river island for a bit over christmas as an X-mas temp. I've now left, but have only received about half of what I should have been paid - it's now nearly a month since my last day. I was paid about half of what i was owed. After speaking to permanent staff, it seems that contacting the shop itself is useless for stuff like this - who do i contact about this? The account I have for the website they use to pay us closes in the first week of Feb so i would like to sort this quickly.

Thanks

Go in and speak to them about it.
Go in several times if necessary.
If that doesnt sort it then contact the CAB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending