The Student Room Group

If you offended by this Post, Then don't comment and Ignore

Scroll to see replies

16 + 19 is fine.
Original post by Anonymous
Please this is a serious situation, if you think this is sickening or disgusting then by all means you can report this thread to be asked to be taken down. I just want a quick answers from this.

I am 19 and of recent ive been doing a project with other young people. I think i'm the oldest as everyone is aged 15-18. I have depression and i think i am losing the plot a little bit here. Of recent, i have grown attraction to a girl who is in year 11 :eek:

Like what the bloody hell is this, i didn't asked for this disgusting love, i questioned it so much all week. I think it's because i'm in a love with a girl at college (she is 19) who i feel i can't get because she way too popular with boys and i'm an introvert in college whereas in this project, i'm the voice of reason.

Perhaps i need to stop hanging out with her and her friends. I mean its even odd of me to hang out with girls.

What should i do :frown: sorry if your so disgusted by this post.

You are 19 and you fancy a 16 year old ... Why would that be disgusting
It doesn't look right to be attracted to a schoolgirl.

Why not? It is certainly quite normal. What other basis for "right" do you have?
Reply 23
So let me get this straight, you are 19 and you like a girl who is 16? And what? What is the problem exactly?
You're 19, you really aren't that old.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Why not? It is certainly quite normal. What other basis for "right" do you have?

i read lots of status of people stating 19 year olds going out with girls at school is horrific... i was one of those people that would make those status.

my issue is this is society... I mean i want to believe this is lust and when time goes by, i forget about this.
i read lots of status of people stating 19 year olds going out with girls at school is horrific... i was one of those people that would make those status.

my issue is this is society... I mean i want to believe this is lust and when time goes by, i forget about this.

But how old are these girls? There's a huge difference in going out with a 15 year old and a 16 year old.
3 years is like the most normal thing.
I thought many people would be offended by this thread... sorry for the exageration
Original post by OU Student
But how old are these girls? There's a huge difference in going out with a 15 year old and a 16 year old.

she is the youngest, all of us in sixth form/college. i thought she would be 19 (LOL) when she said was studying for her GCSE's, alarm bells came and i felt like a f***** because i had thoughts of her first meeting. We are quite friends but i would rather try and get the girl at my college who is the same age as me but the problem with that is were different leagues.

I'm just irritated, i believe i'm in love with two of them at the moment. If i was to try, it would clearly be the 16 year old because realistically we talk unlike the other one i have no chance with. Sorry for exaggeration
Reply 29
I don't see a problem
I think you're making a huge issue over this when it really isn't an issue at all.

You don't even know if she likes you back... for all you know she doesn't in which case it doesn't matter.

If there's mutual attraction, why not discuss it and agree to wait until she's finished school before getting serious if it bothers you that much.

Bottom line is, the both of you have to put your own happiness before other people's judgements of you.
But considering the general consensus of this thread, I think the issue is more yours than society's
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
If you don't genuinely want to be in relationship with her then start avoiding/seeing her, thinking about her and also question your feelings: are they genuine, or is it just lust?
Original post by kkboyk
If you don't genuinely want to be in relationship with her then start avoiding/seeing her, thinking about her and also question your feelings: are they genuine, or is it just lust?

How can you avoid a new friend?? I honestly think and i don't want to be a **** but i could easily do her if i had the confidence.

I think it is lust, i don't normally fall in love with anyone on first meeting. But idk. i'll wait and see these past coming months, besides i'm going to uni this year (hopefully)
What should i do :frown:

Bang her.
Reply 34
How can you avoid a new friend?? I honestly think and i don't want to be a **** but i could easily do her if i had the confidence.

I think it is lust, i don't normally fall in love with anyone on first meeting. But idk. i'll wait and see these past coming months, besides i'm going to uni this year (hopefully)

With me, I just say to myself "I'm not interested in her" or "I only like her because of lust, so I should just back down" and would eventually forget the fact that I like them after a couple of weeks, and return to the first phase.
I don't really see a problem to be honest. My best friend got a Job during the summer at the age of 16 and befriended a guy she worked with who was 21. They started dating at Christmas the same year. They are still together now she is 21 and he is 26.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by <3Music
I don't really see a problem to be honest. My best friend got a Job during the summer at the age of 16 and befriended a guy she worked with who was 21. They started dating at Christmas the same year. They are still together now she is 21 and he is 26.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends really on that case. How did people feel about that?
Original post by tehFrance
Bang her.

she does look easy to bang clearly, she is my friend and we do go home together with others...

But shes in YEAR 11 and thats what turning me off :frown:
my god, i wouldnt have considered it to be such a big age difference. its only 3 years. i would have happily dated a 19 year old when i was 16. theres nothing wrong with you.
Year 11s can be 15 or 16. There's a huge difference in the eyes of the law.

In the eyes of society there's probably less of a difference in that it is always seen as a bit weird.

But it's not unheard of.

When I was in 6th form there was a guy that was 17 that had a 13 year old girlfriend :lolwut:
They weren't sleeping together but it was a bit weird (what was even more weird was when she turned 14 and he turned 18 she dumped him and he was crying about it).

I also remember last year waiting at a coach station and there were a group of National Citizens Service kids around - I think these are aged between 15 and 17 so some might be legal, some might not. What was weird though was the way the volunteer mentors (2 guys probably aged mid/late 20s) were interacting with them, bantering about pulling and shagging in clubs, one of the girls had a short skirt on and they were making a lot of suggestive comments to her about it. They would probably say they were doing nothing illegal but as an outside witness I just thought the two guys were creepy as anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending