The Student Room Group

Best age to meet someone and settle down?

I think 25 is the perfect age to meet someone and begin to settle down.. whats your thoughts TSRians?

Scroll to see replies

I always wanted to be married when I was 22, but then again, I am very old school! :P
There's no right answer to this, just when you're ready dude...
Reply 3
Original post by Retired_Messiah
There's no right answer to this, just when you're ready dude...

Of coure there isn't :tongue: Hence I put 'thought' in my question.:tongue:
Reply 4
27-30 after a few longer term relationships
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
I will open myself to dating at the age of 28. I want to save myself for marriage so I want to date late.
Reply 6
Original post by catsis
I will open myself to dating at the age of 28. I want to save myself for marriage so I want to date late.

I'm doing that too but want to be marred by 26 ish..
Original post by Anonymous
Of coure there isn't :tongue: Hence I put 'thought' in my question.:tongue:

You miss the point entirely.

There is a correct answer to the question "Will the sun rise tomorrow?", but that doesn't mena we can be sure, right now, in the present, of the correct answer. I will say to the person who asks me that that I "think" it will.

However to the question "should a government increases spending and decrease taxes?" there is no objective answer until the question is further specified. In some scenarios the answer is yes, some no.

Your question is like the latter. You must specify further before it can be answered in any meaningful way. Although I suppose the meaningful way would be to work out the average age in which it would be optimal for a person to settle. How the hell are we going to do that accurately though?
Reply 8
Original post by TorpidPhil

There is a correct answer to the question "Will the sun rise tomorrow?", but that doesn't mena we can be sure, right now, in the present, of the correct answer. I will say to the person who asks me that that I "think" it will.

However to the question "should a government increases spending and decrease taxes?" there is no objective answer until the question is further specified. In some scenarios the answer is yes, some no.

Your question is like the latter. You must specify further before it can be answered in any meaningful way. Although I suppose the meaningful way would be to work out the average age in which it would be optimal for a person to settle. How the hell are we going to do that accurately though?

:confused: I didn't think the question was so hard to answer, obviously we all know that there is no single best age to meet someone and settle down, don't think the OP was after a definitive answer just people's opinion.

No need to be so pedantic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Antzlck
:confused: I didn't think the question was so hard to answer, obviously we all know that there is no single best age to meet someone and settle down, don't think the OP was after a definitive answer just people's opinion.

Haha seriously I was just after opinions on what people thought would be the right age (for themselves). It would be good to see different answers and stuff.. personally I ask because Im 23 and single and starting to feel nervous that I havent met anyone yet..:colondollar:
Reply 10
I'm doing that too but want to be marred by 26 ish..

I want to truly enjoy all of my 20s. Ain't gon' catch me attached to no man at that age :smug:

EDIT: Noooo I was beaten to it!!!
Original post by TorpidPhil

Dudeeeeeeeeeee I was just askinf for opinions literally.
Dudeeeeeeeeeee I was just askinf for opinions literally.

And this is precisely why I won't be "settling down" for many many years yet.

I'm not sure that's for the best though.
Original post by Mr Smurf

EDIT: Noooo I was beaten to it!!!

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Obviously, it is different from everyone.
I think personally ideal would be about 25. But life rarely goes to plan and goes along with your ideals. Before I met my boyfriend, I was very content with being single and imagined I would be single and not tied down seriously to anything for most of my 20s. The thing is, my boyfriend is 10 years older than I am. We kind of share the same ideals but there are some things that I will have to compromise on because he's older, and I don't want him have to wait another ten years until I'm ready. I didn't think I would be having children until I was 30, but already got pregnant 10 years before that ideal.

Thing I learnt, life doesn't care about your plans. Doesn't care about what age you want to be when you want to experience certain things. Life will throw it at you anyway and you'll have to deal with it.
Reply 17
About 28 onwards i'd say, maybe 25 onwards if you have a mature head on your shoulders.
Original post by Antzlck

No need to be so pedantic.

My brain can't form an opinion on such things, my thought is there is no "best age", just when you wanna settle down wid somebody then you go do it, age doesn't really factor in, it feels like 2 completely unrelated things to me.
17 pleas but I'm happy for the man out there to take his time, maybe another year or so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending