The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Wow, massive congrats to all those who've been receiving offers lately...super chuffed for you*
Original post by shropshirelass51
Hope you get some positive news this week.

Thank you :smile: i've emailed them so hopefully hear something back soon
If you don't here back soon, it may be worth ringing them as I got my offer the same day after I rang them in the morning.
Well done to all with offers!! Is anyone else at Manchester today??
I got an offer from Marjon, which I thought was bit odd because I haven't had an interview! But it turns out they offered me a place for Speech and Language Sciences instead. I've had a look at the course and it does look interesting. I got rejected by City Uni and MMU, had an interview at Sheffield last Monday (and they said we were the last group to be interviewed so I'm hoping they'll let us know soon one way or another) and I haven't heard anything from BCU (but it's my understanding they're quite busy at the moment).
Original post by beth_23
I got an offer from Marjon, which I thought was bit odd because I haven't had an interview! But it turns out they offered me a place for Speech and Language Sciences instead. I've had a look at the course and it does look interesting. I got rejected by City Uni and MMU, had an interview at Sheffield last Monday (and they said we were the last group to be interviewed so I'm hoping they'll let us know soon one way or another) and I haven't heard anything from BCU (but it's my understanding they're quite busy at the moment).

Does the Speech and language science have you qualify as a speech therapist though? Hopefully it's good news from Sheffield :smile: did you have an interview at mmu?
Original post by beth_23

I still think there are more interview dates to come at BCU and when I spoke to them they said they were extremely busy. Hopefully, you will hear from them soon.
Somebody told me that Leicester DMU only have 25 places, does anyone know if this is true? Seems crazy when Plymouth Marjon has something like 54...!!
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Somebody told me that Leicester DMU only have 25 places, does anyone know if this is true? Seems crazy when Plymouth Marjon has something like 54...!!

Yes, some courses are very small. Sheffield only have 20!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone apply months ago and is still waiting on a reply from City?

Everywhere is different depending on the funding they receive. Leeds have only 22 places where as Manchester has around 45 I think. Some have more than Marjon. Seems silly but there's nothing we can do about it unfortunately :frown:
Did anyone apply months ago and is still waiting on a reply from City?

I know a few people are in the same boat yeah. Where else have you applied?
Original post by nesca89
I know a few people are in the same boat yeah. Where else have you applied?

Well that's good to know I suppose! Just so frustrating this waiting game isn't it!! I applied for Reading, Cardiff, Marjon, Leicester and City London... rejections from Reading and Cardiff. Conditional offer from Marjon and got an interview at Leicester next week. Then just City I'm waiting on!!! What about you?
Well that's good to know I suppose! Just so frustrating this waiting game isn't it!! I applied for Reading, Cardiff, Marjon, Leicester and City London... rejections from Reading and Cardiff. Conditional offer from Marjon and got an interview at Leicester next week. Then just City I'm waiting on!!! What about you?

That's great! Congratulations on your offer :smile: I applied to both Manchesters, leeds, dmu and Sheffield. I withdrew the last 2 but I've had interviews for the other 3, just waiting for replies. Good luck with your interview next week :smile:
I've had an update through UCAS for Marjon, confirming my conditional offer. I was aware that the required grades are ABB. What's confused me a bit is that it says that I need these grades from English Language AND Psychology/Sociology/Biology. However on the uni's webpage it says I need at least one of those subjects (not that I have to take English lang). I'm only taking Psych from the above choices (but have an AS in Biology). I'm wondering whether this is only a blip on UCAS' part (which I hope). Has anyone else had the same update, or knows what's correct?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Just an update for anyone who cares....I HAVE AN INTERVIEW FOR BCU :smile: 11th of March - anyone else the same date?
Original post by aimeen93
Just an update for anyone who cares....I HAVE AN INTERVIEW FOR BCU :smile: 11th of March - anyone else the same date?

Waaaheeyy well done :smile:

Well done! :smile:

Great news, good luck with it!
Original post by rhimair
I've had an update through UCAS for Marjon, confirming my conditional offer. I was aware that the required grades are ABB. What's confused me a bit is that it says that I need these grades from English Language AND Psychology/Sociology/Biology. However on the uni's webpage it says I need at least one of those subjects (not that I have to take English lang). I'm only taking Psych from the above choices (but have an AS in Biology). I'm wondering whether this is only a blip on UCAS' part (which I hope). Has anyone else had the same update, or knows what's correct?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I would give them a ring, just to clarify.

Quick Reply

Latest