The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm a Muslim too and female and am bisexual too :frown: but I have never acted upon it.

proud of you sister
Allah almost certainly doesn't exist, the Qur'an is a man-made falsehood, as is religion in general, so even if god or gods do exist no-one knows what he/she/it/they want. Homosexuality empirically does exist, it is an aspect of humanity that has been accepted and discriminated against in various societies. Homosexuality has always existed, and has never been a choice. No one would choose to be gay in Saudi Arabia, yet many are hanged. So be yourself, there are gay muslims out there, don't let religion stand in the way of the only chance of a happy life you'll ever have.
I struggle to believe that God (if there is one) would condemn homosexuality, otherwise it would be a pretty flawed God considering how many other creatures have been known to conduct homosexual behaviour
Original post by G_S
As a practicing muslim, can you imagine my face and thoughts when I read this. Go repent and read the quran. You say your scared of hell.. Clearly not that scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How condescending
Original post by Rimmie
Life is a test
God is testing is ability to resist temptation to sin

No sorry that is untrue I'm afraid :redface:
Reply 165
Original post by Thechillyone
And I clearly explained to you that I don't think it is reason enough.

I feel the same way, personally. But I was specifically talking about what Muslims believe and looking at it from the point of view of a Muslim.
If you can't even look at this from the point of view of a Muslim, then what is the point of this debate? There is none.
Original post by TIATA
I feel the same way, personally. But I was specifically talking about what Muslims believe and looking at it from the point of view of a Muslim.
If you can't even look at this from the point of view of a Muslim, then what is the point of this debate? There is none.

I love how you just casually skipped the entirety of my last post apart from this statement. Rest of my last post I did exactly that.

If you look back my original post was directed at the judgemental dick that was having a go at OP instead of giving any constructive advice.
Original post by jogib14
Ever heard of Mandela?
Praised and respected by many more billions around the world for doing all the things you claim your "prophet'' did, and then some! All the same, you don't see any sane, intelligent being Hating & Murdering all in his name even if he unlike your dude had neither any astronomically self-aggrandizing claims nor questionable sexual predilections, to say the least.

You out source your thinking to a mass idiocy that encourages salivating at the promise of 72 Virgins in the imaginary afterlife for taking one in the tangible and yet find homosexuality unacceptable?
Cum on buddy, don't waste your life, use your BRAIN!

P.S
Please learn to spell and endeavor to be as eloquent as any conscious human of your age/upbringing & experience would be if ever you wish to make a civilised argument of your persuasion; valid or nonsensical alike!

From where you get the number 72???!!!
Who the **** told you its imaginary life??? it might be real!!! who knows? You can not know what is going to happen in your life for the next 5 hours. You don't come here and shout for non-sense.

Some asses think they are smart, but they are the opposite.
lol
:fleurdelis::fleurdelis::fleurdelis::fleurdelis::fleurdelis::fleurdelis::fleurdelis:
Original post by Bubzeh
Opened this thread to have a nice chat and MAYBE even some banter about two lesbians going at it and all I do it bloody walk into a religion war.

Bore me more guys.

Religion is a path for those that feel they need it. It isn't proved nor can it be proved. If people believe they need religion as a tool to better themselves then go ahead. Who cares?

Yes, Some of what you said is right. We need religion to better ourselves, to challenge our vile desires from bring destruction to our life. We need religion to guide us to the right path, a path of integrity and dignity.

We don't lie because God will punish us ...
We don't cheat and lie on girls to get lead .... because God forbid it
we take care of our mothers and fathers even if we have clash with them, because God command it, and will be rewarded
We don't drink alcohol and do drugs and so on ...

we see a life as river and we shall only cross it to get to the better side of the river by doing good deeds while crossing it.

We don't live our life like an animal, like a monsters ... You value your needs to to maximum. when you drink, you get wasted and lost, and might kill somebody ... I'll ask you simple question why don't you drive your car while you are drink???!!! because there is a law that will cast you away in the prison, and might you have to pay bond to get out. So, why do you need that law???!!! You dumb ass, Religion serve the same purpose that law serves. Religion stand as preventor from stealing, killing and oppressing ... Religion stand for justice, but us the civilized people, we follow and bow for power and force.
Reply 170
Original post by al_mohajer
From where you get the number 72???!!!
Who the **** told you its imaginary life??? it might be real!!! who knows? You can not know what is going to happen in your life for the next 5 hours. You don't come here and shout for non-sense.

Some asses think they are smart, but they are the opposite.

As imaginary as a ten legged, flying Goblin! The fact that no can can be certain of it's non-existence does not imply other wise. Hence as with all just about every aspect of life, the best ourse of action would be to use reasonable judgement as a ccnscious human.
On the other hand, if at all that tiny sliver of a 0.infinity1% chance of your dude alah existing, and he being the best true god of all humans is true, then he must be one hail of a perverse sadist to create so much sadness, suffring & inequality in this world. And even more of an idiot to sit there and watch rather than trying to rectify his/her mishap, do you not think?
Thanks to all those who have replied and tried to help. I didn't expect this to turn into a big debate between Muslims and Atheists!

I prefer girls but have to admit some guys I find incredibly attractive although my attraction towards guys is purely physical whereas with girls I can and have fallen in love.

I have started praying more and it has helped me to control not acting out on my desires with men but I have to admit the thoughts nor the desire have gone away.
Thanks to all those who have replied and tried to help. I didn't expect this to turn into a big debate between Muslims and Atheists!

I prefer girls but have to admit some guys I find incredibly attractive although my attraction towards guys is purely physical whereas with girls I can and have fallen in love.

I have started praying more and it has helped me to control not acting out on my desires with men but I have to admit the thoughts nor the desire have gone away.

Glad to hear that. See! If you increase in your Imaan, it makes such a difference. I totally understand it, the temptation is greater especially in today's society. But keep yourself strong and firm and Insh'Allah things shall work out.

:smile:
I am a practising Muslim. I just want to say ignore the haters (be they Muslim or not). I understand that you have desires, but Islamic states that it is not wrong to have them, but wrong to act upon them [for various reasons]. I would suggest building your relationship with God. Talk to Him and pray and ask Him to help you through this [if you're deciding you want to come back to Him].

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has tests and it's your choice to decide how you want to live. If you know that ultimately you want to abide by Islam, then just take this as a sin. Sincerely repent and focus your energy else where. It will be difficult at first, but you can do it with willpower. You said you find women attractive too, so it should not be as difficult. In all sincerity, it's a difficult 'test' to have, but the rewards and spirituality that come with can bring you so much peace. It's all about discipline, e.g. like sex before marriage. It's not impossible, but desires are everywhere. You just need to remind yourself how you want to live life and actively do it.

Good luck!
I am a practising Muslim. I just want to say ignore the haters (be they Muslim or not). I understand that you have desires, but Islamic states that it is not wrong to have them, but wrong to act upon them [for various reasons]. I would suggest building your relationship with God. Talk to Him and pray and ask Him to help you through this [if you're deciding you want to come back to Him].

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has tests and it's your choice to decide how you want to live. If you know that ultimately you want to abide by Islam, then just take this as a sin. Sincerely repent and focus your energy else where. It will be difficult at first, but you can do it with willpower. You said you find women attractive too, so it should not be as difficult. In all sincerity, it's a difficult 'test' to have, but the rewards and spirituality that come with can bring you so much peace. It's all about discipline, e.g. like sex before marriage. It's not impossible, but desires are everywhere. You just need to remind yourself how you want to live life and actively do it.

Good luck!

I respect your beliefs but I think it's discrimination to dictate whether someone should act on their natural desires. It's also not a mistake to find out you're attracted to both genders and act on it, in fact most people aren't 100% straight anyway. It's a damaging message to put forth to someone who could be struggling with their own identity. He shouldn't repent at all seeing as God is his creator and therefore has created him bi-sexual. It's a blessing he discovered it now anyway, way to many people marry and come out as gay later on in life and ruin families...he's a lucky one :P
Plus there are communities for gay muslims :smile: he should find a spot in one or live his life AUTHENITCALLY as a bisexual male which is highly recommended
Hi. I am a British Muslim guy and I'm not very practising -- like the only time I ever go to mosque is on Eid basically -- but my family is quite conservative and stuff. I know homosexuality is a sin in Islam but...for a long time now--ever since I've been a teenager I've always found guys attractive as well as girls but could never admit it.

Only since I've come to University away from my family environment -- in a city where no one knows me -- have I finally admitted to myself that I am bi after having a few sexual experiences (basically, the first time i met a guy on gaydar and he invited me to his place and we ended up having oral sex) and though I really enjoyed it I have been feeling full of guilt ever since but also get turned whenever i think about it to the extent that I repeated it a couple of times...once with the same guy and another time with him and his mate...

Now I feel really guilty and don't know if I should tell anyone, hide it, or just accept i am bi and live my life. But I am also scared of Hell so....!

Help!

What's worse than your supposed bi sexuality is that you don't pray. Whilst acts of the same sex are among the kaba'ir ( perhaps the biggest), leaving the Salah is kufr akbar. Having said that, if you believe there's nothing wrong with same sex relations then this is apostasy from the deen of Allah.

As for what you should do, make taubah and don't tell anyone about this. Read the Qur'an and busy yourself with understanding the religion.
(edited 9 years ago)
if i am honest the praying helps for a short time -- say a week -- and then the feelings come back stronger than ever and i want to do it badly and relapse again...

to those who asked for roughly every 3 girls i have sex with i have sex with one guy ...well i have never had sex with a guy/s only oral sex....and kinky stuff...

damn it makes me miserable! feel free to PM me if you have kindly advice but don't just PM to tell me 'bro it is haram!' i know that!

:frown:
Be yourself. I'm bi sexual too and I can assure you that I had a hell of a time admitting it to myself, but once I accepted it I felt better. Not guilty. If you try to embrace it or accept it, you will realise that it's not wrong. If the big guy up there had an issue with it, he never would've put those ideas in your head.
if i am honest the praying helps for a short time -- say a week -- and then the feelings come back stronger than ever and i want to do it badly and relapse again...

to those who asked for roughly every 3 girls i have sex with i have sex with one guy ...well i have never had sex with a guy/s only oral sex....and kinky stuff...

damn it makes me miserable! feel free to PM me if you have kindly advice but don't just PM to tell me 'bro it is haram!' i know that!

:frown:

For starters insha'Allah, if you don't pray 5 times a day, make sure you start praying them. Salah is the single most important action you can do.

Secondly, the best and only solution is to get married. Obviously this is easier said than done BUT for the sake of your emaan, you're going to have to find a way.

At the very least, even though what you're doing is a major sin, you consider it haram. Don't listen to people telling you to join gay 'muslim' sites or communities or whatever nonsense they propose. It's a quick route to apostasy with them trying to make what's haram, halal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Untitled.
For starters insha'Allah, if you don't pray 5 times a day, make sure you start praying them.

Secondly, the best and only solution is to get married. Obviously this is easier said than done BUT for the sake of your emaan, you're going to have to find a way.

At the very least, even though what you're doing is a major sin, you consider it haram. Don't listen to people telling you to join gay 'muslim' sites or communities or whatever nonsense they propose. It's a quick route to apostasy with them trying to make what's haram, halal.

Yep, listen to this guy if you want to live a miserable life in a marriage to a woman who will probably be miserable as well, and to lose out on some fantastic experiences to then die with no afterlife and having spent your life not doing what you want because you listened to people who get their advice from a book from around 600 AD.

Latest

Trending

Trending