The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charley842
Yay well done! I have an offer from UEA too :smile: Is UEA your first choice?

Congratulations!
Original post by AmyPilot
Sad to read this - you given up the idea of MMU - one future classmate lost lol! What will you do for an insurance choice if you pick BCU or won't you bother? (Sure you will get the grades in any event!)

I haven't written it off completely yet, I still haven't properly decided! But I think I'm being swayed towards BCU Simply because it's more coursework based and the block placements appeal to me more than having to travel a lot every week.
At the end of the day I'll come out with a speech therapy degree, I'm just trying to decide which course I'll be happier on!
Although the accommodation being so close to the building i'll have lectures in does appeal a lot! And the tutors seemed really enthusiastic at interview!

And I have a linguistics offer from Huddersfield uni that I'll put as my insurance if I go BCU but if I go man met, I'll put BCU as my insurance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charley842
Yay well done! I have an offer from UEA too :smile: Is UEA your first choice?

Thank you! Well done on your offer too! It's between UEA and Newcastle for me but I've yet to hear from the latter after interview, eek! What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Higlet
WELL DONE! You deserve good news after so much waiting! WAHOOO!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! It just takes the pressure off of Leeds as I'm happy with DMU and it's funded!

where are you firming? X
Congrats to every with offers! Well done :biggrin:
Original post by LT1508
I'm stuck between Plymouth and Leicester as well!! I like both which makes it difficult :eek::confused:

Ahhhhh got any idea at all? We can figure this out!!
Original post by EmilyBburn365
That's brilliant well done :biggrin: i have an interview for BCU on the 23rd of March. Any tips as to what I should look over. Ive gotten 2 rejections so far and attended an interview for The University of Manchester and an offer for Reading. So would be brilliant if I could get an offer from BCU and have some options. Again, congratulations and any help whatsoever is appreciated :smile: x

Hiya, thanks :smile:. Congrats on your Reading offer and for getting an interview at BCU. To be honest i don't really think there is much you can do to prepare other than having a clear understanding of the career and the kinds of clients speech therapists work with, which you will already have having been offered an interview! Good luck with it!
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Is anyone else studying an access course at the moment?

Yes, I'm doing an Access course - hard work isn't it!!
Original post by madagascar
Yes, I'm doing an Access course - hard work isn't it!!

Oh my god yes!! Very underrated! So much coursework!
Just got a rejection from Manchester:/ congrats on everyone's offers today though :smile:
Reply 2290
Original post by Dancer32014
Just got a rejection from Manchester:/ congrats on everyone's offers today though :smile:

Same, I guess hearing back early isn't always a good thing.
Reply 2291

Yeah me too :frown: I kind of expected it though I knew my interview didn't go well

Haha I think I just got one too.. Haven't checked track cos I'm at work but I've had two updates in one day I'm so confused :s
Original post by anomea
Same, I guess hearing back early isn't always a good thing.

Hahaha too true. I did assume... You ok?
Reply 2294
Hahaha too true. I did assume... You ok?

Rejections are never fun, but it was my 4th choice so not the end of the world :smile:
Really sorry to all those who have just had a knock back from Manchester and good luck with your other choices
Sorry to hear about the rejections from Manchester :frown: keep those heads up though! Was it man met or uni of Manchester?
Reply 2297
Original post by nesca89
Sorry to hear about the rejections from Manchester :frown: keep those heads up though! Was it man met or uni of Manchester?

Uni of Manchester :frown:
Sorry to hear the bad news of rejections from Manchester this evening. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all for your other choices
Original post by nesca89

Manchester did offers/rejections on the same day last year (but then again they all seem to be doing things differently this year) so got everything crossed for you that you get good news soon xx

Quick Reply

Latest