The Student Room Group

How to get proof for volunteering

This year I shall be volunteering at the Insomnia gaming festival from April 3rd-6th I'm just wondering how to include this on my cv and personal statement like what if I was asked for proof I've done other volunteering events never thought about it before but also recently heard you can get UCAS points for volunteer work so I'm wondering how to go about everything.
Thank you
Original post by Tylerd94
This year I shall be volunteering at the Insomnia gaming festival from April 3rd-6th I'm just wondering how to include this on my cv and personal statement like what if I was asked for proof I've done other volunteering events never thought about it before but also recently heard you can get UCAS points for volunteer work so I'm wondering how to go about everything.
Thank you

sorry to inform you but whoever said that clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. The best way to talk about volunteering on your CV is to list what you did & any outcomes from this. On your personal statement you would talk about skills gained and how these would help you at university.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
sorry to inform you but whoever said that clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. The best way to talk about volunteering on your CV is to list what you did & any outcomes from this. On your personal statement you would talk about skills gained and how these would help you at university.

You can get a CoPE with Asdan actually which is worth 70 ucas points you make a portfolio I looked into it further and if I went away to say Africa for a month the group I'm with would help me with it
There are uni who accept UCAS pts from volunteering?

That's very interesting.

You don't need proof, just put it on your CV. Keep in touch with whoever is in charge maybe, in case they want a reference, but that's really for the company hiring to look into.
Original post by Tylerd94
You can get a CoPE with Asdan actually which is worth 70 ucas points you make a portfolio I looked into it further and if I went away to say Africa for a month the group I'm with would help me with it

I was made to do CoPE- I guess you could include volunteering it in but you certainly didn't need to and remember the UCAS points from CoPE aren't accepted by most unis, even those who give requirements in UCAS points. Portsmouth and Nottingham Trent both wanted me to meet my offer with A-Levels alone.
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
I was made to do CoPE- I guess you could include volunteering it in but you certainly didn't need to and remember the UCAS points from CoPE aren't accepted by most unis, even those who give requirements in UCAS points. Portsmouth and Nottingham Trent both wanted me to meet my offer with A-Levels alone.

Oh of course I'm aware of that it is just I want to go away in the summer to volunteer but I wanted to make sure I got the experience for volunteering and I also had some sort of proof that I did like a CoPE someone with the grades the uni wants and also more to them is obviously going to have a much better chance of getting into the uni than just the person who has the grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending