The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

MSc Business Analytics

Hi,

I have just firmly accepted my offer for the Masters in Business Analytics, I was wondering if anyone else on TheStudentRoom is on the course too?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I ended up deferring to this coming year. Is anyone applying, has applied or accepted a place onto the course?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
i have recieved an offer for the course but haven't decided yet
Reply 3
I have got an offer for the course haven't finalized though
Reply 4
Accepted my offer to start in September 2015.

Do you know how many people are on the course?
Reply 5
Original post by Buzzer

Not sure pal. What Undergrad did you do?
Reply 6
Original post by SamiC
Not sure pal. What Undergrad did you do?

Electronic Engineering, you?
Reply 7
Original post by Buzzer
Electronic Engineering, you?

Management BSc at Royal Holloway University of London. Have you managed to get any more information than whats on the website?
Reply 8
No, but then again I haven't had much of an opportunity to look. Do you know anything useful?
Reply 9
Original post by Buzzer
No, but then again I haven't had much of an opportunity to look. Do you know anything useful?

No I haven't managed to find anything, this current year was the first year it ran. I guess at the end of the educational year they may have more information up.

What are you doing accommodation wise?
Reply 10
Original post by SamiC
No I haven't managed to find anything, this current year was the first year it ran. I guess at the end of the educational year they may have more information up.

What are you doing accommodation wise?

I'm from Guildford, so i was going to live at home and drive in. What are you planning on doing?

Ah that's cool, I didn't realize that. Do you know anything about the number of lectures per week?
Reply 11
Original post by Buzzer
I'm from Guildford, so i was going to live at home and drive in. What are you planning on doing?

Ah that's cool, I didn't realize that. Do you know anything about the number of lectures per week?

I live in Cobham, so I am pretty much planning on doing the same as yourself. I don't know anything about the number of lectures but I would guess it is full-time. 20-30 hours a week?
I've also confirmed an offer to do the course, I haven't decided whether I want to apply for university accommodation or if I want to live private, I've heard that Guildford is pretty expensive city to live in.
Reply 13
Original post by AndyPandy92
I've also confirmed an offer to do the course, I haven't decided whether I want to apply for university accommodation or if I want to live private, I've heard that Guildford is pretty expensive city to live in.

The area is not cheap. Where are you living at the moment?
I'm on my year off travelling after finishing my undergraduate degree at Sussex uni in 2014. The house prices in Brighton were pretty steep so I've dealt with pretty expensive student housing, how bad is it?
Reply 15
Original post by Buzzer

I received an offer for this course's Sept'17 intake. Could you share your overall review about this course, mainly your views on the course curriculum and your space in the industry after completing this course. Also, it would be great to know the class size and your experience at the uni. I am currently living in south west London. Surrey is about 40 Min from here, would you recommend a train travel to the uni or should I think about campus accom.

Your response would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance
Original post by gskah
I received an offer for this course's Sept'17 intake. Could you share your overall review about this course, mainly your views on the course curriculum and your space in the industry after completing this course. Also, it would be great to know the class size and your experience at the uni. I am currently living in south west London. Surrey is about 40 Min from here, would you recommend a train travel to the uni or should I think about campus accom.

Your response would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance

Hey there :smile:

As this thread is quite old, it might be worth posting your question in our 2017 Applicants thread here or our official Q&A thread here.

If you like, the Admissions team can put you in touch with an academic from the course who would be able to answer questions on the curriculum, class sizes etc :smile: You can email them on [email protected] or call +44(0)1483682222. Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 17
Original post by University of Surrey
Hey there :smile:

As this thread is quite old, it might be worth posting your question in our 2017 Applicants thread here or our official Q&A thread here.

If you like, the Admissions team can put you in touch with an academic from the course who would be able to answer questions on the curriculum, class sizes etc :smile: You can email them on [email protected] or call +44(0)1483682222. Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley

Hey Ashley,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response :smile:

Will do so! Thanks again..
Reply 18
Hi,

If you would like to know more about the course feel free to PM me, I was in the same class as the member you replied to. Happy to answer any questions you do have, and probably able to answer them in an unbiased manner. Not meaning that an academic would mean to do so, but they will have an inherent bias towards there course.

Sam
Reply 19
Original post by SamiC
Hi,

If you would like to know more about the course feel free to PM me, I was in the same class as the member you replied to. Happy to answer any questions you do have, and probably able to answer them in an unbiased manner. Not meaning that an academic would mean to do so, but they will have an inherent bias towards there course.

Sam

Hi Sami,

I will be starting the MSc in Business Analytics this September and I would appreciate discussing your unbiased student experience at Surrey. Am I free to PM you too?

Best,
A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending