Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanC55
Still not heard from MMU? :frown:

Nope! Surely I'll hear next week, if not I'll contact them :smile:
Hi guys :smile:
its been a strange week in the world of my application
I got rejected from Newcastle :frown:
but a surprise offer from Sheffield tonight and I'm absolutely thrilled. I got the track update but nothing from the actual uni or anything. Is this normal? I'm panicking now haha feels too good to be true. Anyone help? x
Original post by grace22
Hi there :smile: im going to bcu in september, just wondering did you go to halls and if so would you recommend it? Im really stuck as to what to do for accomodation. I don't know if i should go to halls (i'm 22) or just find shared housing!

Hi there! Congratulations on your place at BCU! Exciting stuff! I actually commute to uni, so Im afraid i cant help you out too much there :frown: Let me know if i can help you with any other queries :smile:
Original post by Dancer32014
but a surprise offer from Sheffield tonight and I'm absolutely thrilled. I got the track update but nothing from the actual uni or anything. Is this normal? I'm panicking now haha feels too good to be true. Anyone help? x

That's what happened with me and DMU! Fortunately it was real so I guess yours will be the same!
Original post by nesca89
Nope! Surely I'll hear next week, if not I'll contact them :smile:

I genuinely believe no news is good news!
Original post by Dancer32014

Congrats! My offer from Sheffield also only came through track, but I got some info material from the university a few days after accepting, so it's definitely real :wink: Are we going to be course mates then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55
Still not heard from MMU? :frown:

I haven't heard from MMU yet either so Nesca is not the only one! We are all rooting for you though Nesca! The psychology option sounds like a great back up plan too.

It's been so long since the MMU and Sheffield interviews I'm starting to wonder if I only dreamed that I applied and didn't actually do it! Hopefully we will hear next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HowayGuapa
I haven't heard from MMU yet either so Nesca is not the only one! We are all rooting for you though Nesca! The psychology option sounds like a great back up plan too.

It's been so long since the MMU and Sheffield interviews I'm starting to wonder if I only dreamed that I applied and didn't actually do it! Hopefully we will hear next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you not heard back from Sheffield yet? When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't realise you hadn't heard back yet! I'm gunna email them next week if I haven't heard because I just want to start making other applications if I need to! Good luck, hope you hear back very soon
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clivia
Have you not heard back from Sheffield yet? When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was either late January or early February. I can't exactly remember! I actually am going to firm leeds but I am intrigued as to whether i would have got in at Sheffield and mmu! More morbid curiosity rather than anything else :smile:
Hey everyone! I've firmed Uni of Manchester and am now applying for accomodation, does anyone know how many weeks the first year of the course is? Thank you in advance!
Original post by Carolina Monica
Hey everyone! I've firmed Uni of Manchester and am now applying for accomodation, does anyone know how many weeks the first year of the course is? Thank you in advance!

Hi

Congrats on making your decision!

Do you need the number of weeks for accommodation length or the NHS bursary? I am at MMU so it will be different but I used 34 as a rough guess last year but when you apply for the bursary when you pick your course it automatically knows/calculates the correct number of weeks for your uni but if its for accommodation then the shorter option is more than enough - you don't need the 51 week postgrad option unless you are not wanting to go home during the summer.
It was either late January or early February. I can't exactly remember! I actually am going to firm leeds but I am intrigued as to whether i would have got in at Sheffield and mmu! More morbid curiosity rather than anything else :smile:

Yah another one for Leeds. whoop whoop
Anyone still waiting on DMU? I was hoping to have heard by 31st March as I really want to get accommodation sorted and everything!
Original post by speechtherapy01
Hi there! Congratulations on your place at BCU! Exciting stuff! I actually commute to uni, so Im afraid i cant help you out too much there :frown: Let me know if i can help you with any other queries :smile:

Hi, where are you commuting from? :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Hey guys, does anyone know if MMU are holding more interviews? And is anyone else still waiting to hear?

I'm still waiting to hear from them too:frown: I think I had my interview on the same day as yours!
Original post by bfarrar21
I'm still waiting to hear from them too:frown: I think I had my interview on the same day as yours!

I had mine around for the 3rd December I think.. Have you contacted them at all?
Original post by AmyPilot
Hi

Congrats on making your decision!

Do you need the number of weeks for accommodation length or the NHS bursary? I am at MMU so it will be different but I used 34 as a rough guess last year but when you apply for the bursary when you pick your course it automatically knows/calculates the correct number of weeks for your uni but if its for accommodation then the shorter option is more than enough - you don't need the 51 week postgrad option unless you are not wanting to go home during the summer.

Thank you so much Amy, I've finally sent off my accommodation choices now! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I had mine around for the 3rd December I think.. Have you contacted them at all?

Yeah I think mine was too! No but I think I'm going to, not sure what to say though
Original post by bfarrar21
Yeah I think mine was too! No but I think I'm going to, not sure what to say though

I emailed them and just said that I'm aware many people have heard back from my interview session and I'm just wondering where my application is up to as I'm feeling a little anxious... Or something along those lines! Have you had any other offers?

Quick Reply

Latest