The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butterfly9595
Would seriously recommend people get started on loans/NHS bursary stuff around now, especially if you have exams in May - it is hassle so you need time to do it, but it is manageable :wink:
Maintenance loan is pretty easy to apply for anyway - as the course is funded you receive the absolute minimum so you don't need to faff around with parent income etc - that's only if you are eligible for the additional NHS grant.
If you're going to study at Strathclyde or QMU it's a different system (whether you're from Scotland or rest of UK) feel free to send me a pm if you're from RUK and applying for finance here as there is practically no guidance at all on what to do! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, it's Definitely very complicated and time consuming and stressful :frown:
Well there has been a run of good news on here - congrats to all with the new offers and good luck to the few still waiting.

Out of curiosity (as the table seems a little out of date) - who will be firming MMU? Being nosey as I am doing the combined SLT/psychology degree and will be covering my remaining SLT units with you guys!
Amy, would you mind linking that table again please so we can all update? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Amy, would you mind linking that table again please so we can all update? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is the table :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Speech_and_Language_Therapy_undergraduate_courses_2015
Original post by AmyPilot
Well there has been a run of good news on here - congrats to all with the new offers and good luck to the few still waiting.

Out of curiosity (as the table seems a little out of date) - who will be firming MMU? Being nosey as I am doing the combined SLT/psychology degree and will be covering my remaining SLT units with you guys!

I'm thinking of creating a Facebook or a separate forum on here for mmu offer holders... Which would be best and would you like to join? :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I'm thinking of creating a Facebook or a separate forum on here for mmu offer holders... Which would be best and would you like to join? :smile:

Could we do a forum? I don't have Facebook, although I'm thinking I should get it before uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nesca89
I haven't seen any sum of money written anywhere.. I just went on to double check and it just says my application is pending and that's it. Hmm, maybe they have changed it this year or something

When I looked you put in your last years income and it gave you an estimate of how much you would get. Re the reference I had to submit an additional one and I got the tutor to send it direct to the Uni , then I checked they received it.
Original post by Higlet
Could we do a forum? I don't have Facebook, although I'm thinking I should get it before uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would really recommend facebook for uni - it's how an awful lot of stuff gets organised, either for course or society events etc, as well as a place to chat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shropshirelass51
When I looked you put in your last years income and it gave you an estimate of how much you would get. Re the reference I had to submit an additional one and I got the tutor to send it direct to the Uni , then I checked they received it.

I didn't have to put in what I earnt anywhere, maybe I have filled in the wrong this. Was this with BOSS or SFE? I just said I have supported myself for the last 3 years and they have asked me to send evidence of wages... But nowhere did it ask me how much I earnt. Now I'm worried! :/
Original post by Higlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I can create a forum later today or would you like me to wait until you have Facebook?
Original post by nesca89
Yes I can create a forum later today or would you like me to wait until you have Facebook?

Either, I don't mind. I probably won't be getting Facebook until after my exams - I don't need the distraction before haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Either, I don't mind. I probably won't be getting Facebook until after my exams - I don't need the distraction before haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha okie doke, i don't blame you. I'll put a link in here when I have set it up then :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nesca89
I didn't have to put in what I earnt anywhere, maybe I have filled in the wrong this. Was this with BOSS or SFE? I just said I have supported myself for the last 3 years and they have asked me to send evidence of wages... But nowhere did it ask me how much I earnt. Now I'm worried! :/

I only used the calculator which estimates what you get, as I need to wait for my husband's P60 for evidence of salary / income. I don't know what documentation you have to send. This was was with bursary.
Original post by nesca89
Haha okie doke, i don't blame you. I'll put a link in here when I have set it up then :smile:

Okay thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK here it is! Anyone who has firmed MMU come join us in the forum. This includes you Amy as you'll be in our lectures :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3235229&p=54695185#post54695185
I'm so confused by the NHS stuff, how and when do we apply for it?!

also, I don't know when I should apply for the maintenance grant because with me switching unis I dunno whether it'll cause me issues.
I don't understand this loan business... I'm 21 and live at home. I have my own car which I bought and fund myself. I buy my own food. I have 2 jobs alongside college. Yet I know it's inevitable that I'm going to have to say I'm "dependent" and put the household earnings down just because I live at home. Just seems REALLY unfair cos once I move to uni I'm never moving home again... and one of the household earnings would be from my Stepdad who admits he is nothing to do with me and wouldn't contribute to me in any way. SUCH a floored system and I'm scared I will just be scraping by at uni now :frown:
I'm going to email the uni but I wondered if anyone can help on here first! I have a conditional offer from UEA subject to a satisfactory second reference and DBS, health check etc because I'm a mature student, so I already have my A level grades. Does anyone know if I wait until I've firmed the uni before I start to meet the conditions? I assume that that would be the case!
Congrats to everyone on their offers!
Quick question, has anyone else firmed Uni of Manchester?
I had a mini panic attack recently and feel like maybe I should swap to Leeds Beckett (my insurance) just because I liked the uni more and the 3 year structure but I don't know! Everytime I ask someone I know they go all elitist on me and go on about Manchesters reputation and it's not helping me at all :frown: Anyone else having this/can give advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending