The Student Room Group

creepy (or not?) girl at uni

I'll make this quick. I was supposed to move in with two friends (one boy and one girl) I met at university and my long term boyfriend from home.
The girl started really heavily flirting with my boyfriend and making him feel uncomfortable like joking ten times in one night that he will sleep with her and I had better watch out when we all move in together because he 'wont be able to resist' her.
How do I tell her the jokes are grating qnd we (all) are feeling uncomfortable? My bf says I should talk to her as I met her before he or my other friend did.
I dont want a confrontation and I want us to continue being friends/moving in but she is quite a touchy person and ive heard/seen her cry quite a few times about being stressed missing home, not fitting in...(although every time I ask her to come out with us she says no or says she doesn't like my friend's...)
I also want to ask her why she says she is too busy studying to look at houses to rent (I look for hours every day as do the other two) but she is involved in lots of societies....
Sounds like she's going to be a difficult roommate, tbh. If you are going forward and moving in w/her you'd better have the conversation w/ her about flirting with your boyfriend. She is either going to TRY to make good on her comments - and, fyi, she may well make good with that threat and actually sleep with him so be prepared- OR - your boyfriend and/or you will get so tired of her flirting that there will be a huge fight. Best head all of that off NOW and tell her to stop flirting!! Actually, she doesn't sound like she really even wants to move in with. She doesn't want to go out w/ you, doesn't like your friends (but apparently likes your bf) and isn't willing to help you find a house to actually live in! She doesn't sound like a very good friend and I can see why she doesn't feel like she fits in because she doesn't seem to be a very nice person. Honestly, a 'nice person', true friend, would never put herself, your boyfriend and you in such an awkward position of the constantly 'joking' about sleeping with your bf! Personally, I'd dump her and find another fourth roommate. Your heading says "Creepy girl (or not?) - the answer is, YES, creepy!!!
Reply 2
Original post by hopeforthebest1
Sounds like she's going to be a difficult roommate, tbh. If you are going forward and moving in w/her you'd better have the conversation w/ her about flirting with your boyfriend. She is either going to TRY to make good on her comments - and, fyi, she may well make good with that threat and actually sleep with him so be prepared- OR - your boyfriend and/or you will get so tired of her flirting that there will be a huge fight. Best head all of that off NOW and tell her to stop flirting!! Actually, she doesn't sound like she really even wants to move in with. She doesn't want to go out w/ you, doesn't like your friends (but apparently likes your bf) and isn't willing to help you find a house to actually live in! She doesn't sound like a very good friend and I can see why she doesn't feel like she fits in because she doesn't seem to be a very nice person. Honestly, a 'nice person', true friend, would never put herself, your boyfriend and you in such an awkward position of the constantly 'joking' about sleeping with your bf! Personally, I'd dump her and find another fourth roommate. Your heading says "Creepy girl (or not?) - the answer is, YES, creepy!!!

I thought as much :/ thanks for the advice. She won't sleep with my bf regardless (I trust him and he is really creeper out by her doing this) yeah I need to text her and let her know this isn't on...I'm just finding it tough making other friends (I have about five other friends on my course and they are all either sorted for housing or live at home anyway) I guess three of us could live together I hope the other boy is okay with that-he seems pretty relaxed about all of this so should be okay :smile: thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I thought as much :/ thanks for the advice. She won't sleep with my bf regardless (I trust him and he is really creeper out by her doing this) yeah I need to text her and let her know this isn't on...I'm just finding it tough making other friends (I have about five other friends on my course and they are all either sorted for housing or live at home anyway) I guess three of us could live together I hope the other boy is okay with that-he seems pretty relaxed about all of this so should be okay :smile: thanks

Yeah she just sent me a text saying we can't move in together if I don't trust her then sent my bf a text (he's sat next to me and showed me 'we could have had something and she didn't need to know') he is really angry and upset...guess this confirms my suspicions :/
Reply 4
Have a threesome - everybody wins!
Yes that girl IS creepy and as long as you and your boyfriend trust each other I'm sure everything will be fine :smile:
I'll make this quick. I was supposed to move in with two friends (one boy and one girl) I met at university and my long term boyfriend from home.
The girl started really heavily flirting with my boyfriend and making him feel uncomfortable like joking ten times in one night that he will sleep with her and I had better watch out when we all move in together because he 'wont be able to resist' her.
How do I tell her the jokes are grating qnd we (all) are feeling uncomfortable? My bf says I should talk to her as I met her before he or my other friend did.
I dont want a confrontation and I want us to continue being friends/moving in but she is quite a touchy person and ive heard/seen her cry quite a few times about being stressed missing home, not fitting in...(although every time I ask her to come out with us she says no or says she doesn't like my friend's...)
I also want to ask her why she says she is too busy studying to look at houses to rent (I look for hours every day as do the other two) but she is involved in lots of societies....

How long have you known this girl and how much have you been through together? If not much, bin her.
Yeah she just sent me a text saying we can't move in together if I don't trust her then sent my bf a text (he's sat next to me and showed me 'we could have had something and she didn't need to know') he is really angry and upset...guess this confirms my suspicions :/

Ewwww!!! She IS creepy! You definitely dodged a bullet. Sorry that you are having a hard time finding friends at uni. That can be a challenge but honestly she wasn't your friend. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by hopeforthebest1
Ewwww!!! She IS creepy! You definitely dodged a bullet. Sorry that you are having a hard time finding friends at uni. That can be a challenge but honestly she wasn't your friend. Good luck!

Thank you, I wouldn't say I'm struggling I'm just struggling to cope with the fantasy that you will meet a million best friends and discover things about yourself and the world you never knew existed vs the reality that everyone pretends to be best friends after a week (like some girls literally are on the phone to their mums or whatever and say yeah just sat with my best friend-me- and I barely know them) and tthen everyone gets really catty if you don't conform. Really bloody annoying!! This is why I tried so hard with this girl...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending