The Student Room Group

Who is better: Benteke or Lukaku?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
He's a monster. The classic Benteke goal = cross from a winger, giant leap, thunderous header into the goal. There's quite a few here but I can't find his Everton one from the other week.

Big Ben's 'greatest hits':

Ha awesome, cheers for those. Good reminder of how powerful his shot is as well. He could shoot a yard either side of a keeper and still give them a torrid time.
Original post by Mackay
The Metro reckon Chelsea are after him, too. I can't see that happening, though.

If they are then it confirms who's better :cool:

We've been linked with him every transfer window since 2013, it won't happen tbh. He won't want to play second fiddle.

Besides, we've got this guy on the way :wink:

Original post by Nichrome
Benteke. Jose was right to sell Lukaku, man's a fraud. £28m, incredible performance - better than the Luiz sale IMO.

Nah don't be silly. Lukaku isn't brilliant but he's got 3 15+ hauls playing for **** teams in 4 years. Rooney has 4 in 13 years playing for mainly United, just as a means of comparison. £28m was a lot of money but his actual value is still probably somewhere around £20m, don't think anyone in the world would pay more than £30m for Luiz any more (as opposed to his actual fee of £50m).
Reply 24

Indeed!

Wouldn't imagine it'll materialise with Remy in their ranks, to be honest. It's silly season in the transfer rumour world. Saw Chelsea linked with Lambert the other day.
Original post by Mackay
Indeed!

Wouldn't imagine it'll materialise with Remy in their ranks, to be honest. It's silly season in the transfer rumour world. Saw Chelsea linked with Lambert the other day.

:rofl: I missed that.
Benteke although I used to say lukaku. This guy is just a dominant beast in the air and you feel he is capable of a moment of magic which someone like Kane and lukaku just aren't able to do. Lukaku has better movement and runs though but ultimately benteke can score all sorts of goals and is Belgians number 1 too
Original post by Nichrome
:rofl: I missed that.

It's up there with the Joe Hart to Stoke on loan deal as the stupidest rumour ever created.
Poll is pretty one sided...
oh *******s i said Lukaku and meant Benteke looooooool
Reply 31
Quite ridiculous that anyone picks Benteke over Lukaku. Lukaku is younger, clearly more talented, and got a lot more potential. Benteke has turned up for the last 6 games. Lukaku has had a poor season and yet still scored 20+ goals. Lukaku has played 8 less games in premier league, scored 3 more goals. This season Lukaku has 21 in 39. Benteke has 15 in 37. Benteke 3 assists in 37, Lukaku 7 assists in 39. Why you'd wan't Benteke I don't know?
Reply 32
Original post by The Shed End
Mainly age and what they've done so far in their careers. Overall they are very close with their overall stats. Lukaku has 94 goals from 231 club games, whilst Benteke has 97 goals from 233 club games - but Lukaku is almost three years younger, and been playing at a higher level for the majority of his professional career.

tbf I was actually looking at those stats posted above thinking Lukaku's were on the left rather than the right. Judging by that Benteke seems to be the better player so far, although I think over the course of their careers Lukaku will edge ahead if he doesn't let his ego get in the way as it seemed to with the situation at Chelsea. Benteke is a player that Villa seemed to have overly relied upon at times in the last few years, while Lukaku hasn't really been that. He has played as a lone striker, but even then his teams have had other goal threats such as Baines, Naismith, Shane Long and Brunt when he was back at West Brom.

Whenever Lukaku played at West Brom it was as a lone striker, which a defensive five behind him. Brunt isn't a goal scorer, and Long didn't ever start alongside Lukaku. Same at Everton, Naismith sometimes plays on the wing, or Mirallas, but then never play another striker up top.
If Benteke is a striker that Villa relied on, why was he awful last season bar a few games at the end, and this season, same thing, awful till March, then performed.
Original post by vikrmmn
Whenever Lukaku played at West Brom it was as a lone striker, which a defensive five behind him. Brunt isn't a goal scorer, and Long didn't ever start alongside Lukaku. Same at Everton, Naismith sometimes plays on the wing, or Mirallas, but then never play another striker up top.
If Benteke is a striker that Villa relied on, why was he awful last season bar a few games at the end, and this season, same thing, awful till March, then performed.

:laugh:

Awful yet still has a better strike rate than Lukaku?

Actually laughing and shaking my head here.
Reply 34
Two votes for Romelu. The comeback is on...
Does vikrmmn know that Benteke was out for the best part of a year with a serious injury and has still scored more than Lukaku?
Reply 36
Original post by vikrmmn
Quite ridiculous that anyone picks Benteke over Lukaku. Lukaku is younger, clearly more talented, and got a lot more potential. Benteke has turned up for the last 6 games. Lukaku has had a poor season and yet still scored 20+ goals. Lukaku has played 8 less games in premier league, scored 3 more goals. This season Lukaku has 21 in 39. Benteke has 15 in 37. Benteke 3 assists in 37, Lukaku 7 assists in 39. Why you'd wan't Benteke I don't know?

man put an apostrophe in "want"
Reply 37
:laugh:

Awful yet still has a better strike rate than Lukaku?

Actually laughing and shaking my head here.

This season lukaku has scored more goals, and has a better strike rate, check my last post
Reply 38
Original post by difeo
man put an apostrophe in "want"

Wow accidentally put an apostrophe in " want". Bet that makes you feel really good. I typed it out on a break from doing important things to progress in life, but you found a mistake of grammar 👏👏
Reply 39
Original post by vikrmmn
Wow accidentally put an apostrophe in " want". Bet that makes you feel really good. I typed it out on a break from doing important things to progress in life, but you found a mistake of grammar 👏👏

okay don't beg it

Quick Reply

Latest