The Student Room Group

Does Year 13 fly by?

I hate sixth form, my heart sinks when I think of having to endure another year. To all year 13's (who I assume have now left) has it gone fast for you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yea I'd say that it's flown by, once people start talking about exams (around christmas) time flies from then on, the bit before christmas I found was a bit of a drag but you'll get through it ^^
Original post by katy456
I hate sixth form, my heart sinks when I think of having to endure another year. To all year 13's (who I assume have now left) has it gone fast for you?

It does go pretty fast. Year 13 consists of personal statements, Uni applications and hardcore revision to meet your predicted grades, a lot more intense than year 12
Reply 3
Flies by like mad... but then I enjoyed it. If you don't enjoy it it might be a bit of a drag I guess.
Original post by katy456

same omg :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by bubblegumcat
same omg :frown:

Mostly I hate it because I came from a secondary school where I was a part of a huge group of friends and now I just have a few who are not close to me really. Its just so boring! My social anxiety as increased so much in that place.
Yes, very vast
Yes
It goes by a lot more faster than year 12 me thinks. You have a longer summer too!
Reply 9
bump
Yes it does. By the time you go back to school in September you only have about 8/9 months there.
Original post by katy456
bump

:console:
If it helps, try finding a nice quiet space in your school where you can study. When I was in sixth form, not even my school's library was a good place to study so I found a desk and chair next to some stairs in a room. Problem solved :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by shawn_o1
:console:
If it helps, try finding a nice quiet space in your school where you can study. When I was in sixth form, not even my school's library was a good place to study so I found a desk and chair next to some stairs in a room. Problem solved :smile:

Hi, you gave me a rep on my social anxiety post do you also have the same? i feel I can relate to you because I also find a quiet place lol :smile: xx
Yes it does.
Original post by katy456
Hi, you gave me a rep on my social anxiety post do you also have the same? i feel I can relate to you because I also find a quiet place lol :smile: xx

Yeah, I always find it hard to move on when I'm on the receiving end of people's anger. I just make them more angry because I (irrationally) get the idea that they enjoy being angry with me. That's how I ended up having it :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by shawn_o1
Yeah, I always find it hard to move on when I'm on the receiving end of people's anger. I just make them more angry because I (irrationally) get the idea that they enjoy being angry with me. That's how I ended up having it :frown:

I've lost so much friends because of this. Once my best friend who was SOO close to me had a little go which wasnt big or anything, but after that I just didnt go near her and distanced myself. Tbh she didnt even make an effort but I took it to heart which I shouldnt have.

Its more frustrating for me because I never used to be like this, only when I started sixth form.
i thought yr 12 dragged abit but yr 13 goes by very fast! it'll be over before you know it .
(edited 8 years ago)
Flies by! Feels like the quickest year of your whole education

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katy456
I've lost so much friends because of this. Once my best friend who was SOO close to me had a little go which wasnt big or anything, but after that I just didnt go near her and distanced myself. Tbh she didnt even make an effort but I took it to heart which I shouldnt have.

Its more frustrating for me because I never used to be like this, only when I started sixth form.

I'm so glad that you posted about this :biggrin:(not sure if you're also glad that I'm talking to you!!) cos I'm also in Year 12 and have SA. I also want this year to pass really quickly cos I hate being forced into situations where there are lots of people :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Jess_x
I'm so glad that you posted about this :biggrin:(not sure if you're also glad that I'm talking to you!!) cos I'm also in Year 12 and have SA. I also want this year to pass really quickly cos I hate being forced into situations where there are lots of people :frown:

Im glad! It's good to know that your not alone, because I used to feel that I was just a weird person. It controls my life but im now forcing myself into social situations to overcome it. xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending