The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

2015 Cardiff Uni Graduate happy to answer any questions on the city, uni, etc...

Hey,
Thought people due to come to Cardiff might be looking for someone to question, so here I am. I just graduated this July from a four year psychology sandwich course at Cardiff Uni. In my first year I lived in Talybont south halls and then for the three other years in various shared houses in Cathays and Roath.

Fire away :smile:
I'll be doing a MSc there in september in Neuroimaging, so it overlaps with the psych department :smile: Did you find the staff were very supportive?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by TeaAndSugar
I'll be doing a MSc there in september in Neuroimaging, so it overlaps with the psych department :smile: Did you find the staff were very supportive?

Ummm I'd have to say it definitely depends on the particular person; some were amazing and others too busy with their own research to help students. But I'm sure that's the same at all unis. I was lucky enough to have a good personal tutor (though he was extremely busy doing uni work and forensic stuff) who supervised me to do a paid internship one summer to get some experience, so there are definitely oppurtunities available if you ask :smile:
Original post by Daniellecorni5h
Ummm I'd have to say it definitely depends on the particular person; some were amazing and others too busy with their own research to help students. But I'm sure that's the same at all unis. I was lucky enough to have a good personal tutor (though he was extremely busy doing uni work and forensic stuff) who supervised me to do a paid internship one summer to get some experience, so there are definitely oppurtunities available if you ask :smile:

Sounds great, thanks :smile: How did you find the societies?

And I hope graduate life is going well!
Original post by TeaAndSugar
Sounds great, thanks :smile: How did you find the societies?

And I hope graduate life is going well!

Societies at Cardiff are literally amazing! My one big regret was not getting involved more and earlier. The only one I really know lots about is RAG (raise and give) as I was secretary in my final year. There are so many to choose from though, I'd definitely recommend going along to the fayre and trying and trying a few out before paying to join
Original post by Daniellecorni5h
Societies at Cardiff are literally amazing! My one big regret was not getting involved more and earlier. The only one I really know lots about is RAG (raise and give) as I was secretary in my final year. There are so many to choose from though, I'd definitely recommend going along to the fayre and trying and trying a few out before paying to join

Thank you, that's good to hear!
Original post by Green23
Is. Talybont Cardiff university students only or is there metropolitan students 2

Just Cardiff uni :smile:
Hi, Ive been to the open day and am looking to apply for 2016 start. I'm also looking into psychology and was wondering if you could give me an overview of the course such as the kind of modules available? Also, did you do a placement? I'm really interested in this but am wondering what opportunities are available? Thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending