The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni!

Hey, I have nearly gotten all my offers. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on their experience at Cardiff uni?! Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey, I have nearly gotten all my offers. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on their experience at Cardiff uni?! Thank you!

Hi there,

Are there any specific questions that you have about your chosen course, accommodation, the university or the city itself? I will do my best to answer.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time at Cardiff University and would recommend it. The university is located just minutes from the city centre and I think there is a good balance between uni life and city life. Cardiff is also a relatively affordable city, which is great for making your money go further, and there are great transport links between Cardiff and other destinations. The students' union is great for nights out, and attending events, and accommodation or part-time jobs help and there are a variety of nice libraries to study in across the city.

I hope this helps - please let me know if I can help with more specific questions.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep

Hi there,

Are there any specific questions that you have about your chosen course, accommodation, the university or the city itself? I will do my best to answer.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time at Cardiff University and would recommend it. The university is located just minutes from the city centre and I think there is a good balance between uni life and city life. Cardiff is also a relatively affordable city, which is great for making your money go further, and there are great transport links between Cardiff and other destinations. The students' union is great for nights out, and attending events, and accommodation or part-time jobs help and there are a variety of nice libraries to study in across the city.

I hope this helps - please let me know if I can help with more specific questions.

All the best,

I applied for biomed, mostly was wondering about the % of students that go into a graduate job etc. How the accommodation was, the diversity, the general vibes
I applied for biomed, mostly was wondering about the % of students that go into a graduate job etc. How the accommodation was, the diversity, the general vibes

Is there a particular accommodation that you're interested in? Do you have any particular needs?

The university is generally fairly relaxed, there are a bunch of societies that you can join and something to do everyday.
Reply 4
Original post by CardiffUni Rep

Is there a particular accommodation that you're interested in? Do you have any particular needs?

The university is generally fairly relaxed, there are a bunch of societies that you can join and something to do everyday.

The only needs I have is private bathroom and good work space
The only needs I have is private bathroom and good work space

There are some louder accommodations, such as in Talybont, which may not be ideal for studying but they do have en suits. I'd recommend Taking a look at the options attached here.

All the best,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending