The Student Room Group

Would you date a traditional guy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
This guy I was getting to know wanted me to be able to cook, clean and do all the house work chores when he is busy at work. Is this normal when a guy doesn't even want to his bit and help a girl out with the house work? He also wants a woman to be a wage earner so what do you make out of these men?

Is he dumb? - the reason women used to be housewives and do all the cooking and cleaning was because they didn't work, so they had time for that ****. He's looking for something that doesn't exist.

Forget him! He's not gonna find someone who's 'right' for him.
Reply 41
Men are lazy people.

Lets not start.
Original post by pmprin
Are you speaking from experience there? Otherwise, how exactly would you know?

some things are just plain obvious :h:
Reply 43
Original post by the bear
some things are just plain obvious :h:

Talking through your arse pal.
Original post by pmprin
Talking through your arse pal.

so coarse matey
Urgh **** off.
Whoever isn't at work all day is the one who should cook and clean, be that man or woman. If both are at work, then take turns so it's fair. Both roles should be viewed as equally important. Any guy who expects a woman to do all the cooking and cleaning whilst holding down a job herself isn't wanting a partner, he's wanting a replacement mother to wipe his backside. Girls should run a mile from this sort of thing.
Original post by saeed97
Lets not start.

But they are though.

You mad?
Reply 48
But they are though.

You mad?

Na, its just not true.
He should definitely contribute! Even dusting doesn't take long!
I'm a traditional man in a sense that my future wife is the housewife and i'm the one earning the money.
Reply 51
Original post by saeed97
Na, its just not true.

You do realise this is probably a guy just trying to get someone to bite?
Reply 52
Original post by pmprin
You do realise this is probably a guy just trying to get someone to bite?

Yeh its blatantly a troll
I enjoy cleaning and tend to want to do everything myself to make sure it's perfect, but if a guy expects me to do all of the cooking then he can either bugger off or get food poisoning. I hate cooking, there is nothing worse, and I'm terrible at it! I believe in helping each other - if one person cooks, the other should do the washing up. I'm a single parent at the moment, so I get the delightful task of doing everything myself anyway...on top of being a full time law student. Yay. '-.- But if I move in with a guy, I expect him to do his share because if he doesn't then it's essentially just like having to take care of another child.
No, I wouldn't. I expect my partner to clean up after themselves as I do, they're not a child, they don't need to be tended to. My ideal relationship would have me not feeling as though I do all the work, I should be able to do things for them and vice versa (like making them a meal) without keeping scores.
This guy I was getting to know wanted me to be able to cook, clean and do all the house work chores when he is busy at work. Is this normal when a guy doesn't even want to his bit and help a girl out with the house work? He also wants a woman to be a wage earner so what do you make out of these men?

If he wants to you to be a wage earner.... then he's not a 'traditional guy'. Traditional guys are happy to be the sole provider whilst you don't work and have babies/clean the house or at least they were when it used to be easier to get on the property ladder :P

If he wants you to both work full time... you both do house stuff. Expecting you to do everything after a long days work is unreasonable. If you work part time and he works full time, then doing more house stuff would probably be expected (but note I say *more* not everything. My grandparents are both retired, so again equal situation, my grandma cooks and my grandpa does the dishes etc
Reply 56
Traditional men are the best men.
Reply 57
Housework is one thing, but when you bring childcare into the situation its completely different.
A person can not possibly expect someone to stay at home all day with the children, then cook, clean and run the home. Childcare is THE most difficult, demanding job...I would take a 9-5 over a 24 hour carer any time.
Reply 58
Personally I wouldn't. I prefer the idea of a relationship where there is equality. Okay, of course, if one person works and the other doesn't, the one at home will need to do more around the house. However jobs around the house should still be shared when possible.

Saying that, there are women who prefer the idea of a more traditional relationship where the man is at work, they are at home doing the house work and caring for the man when he's at home. So it's down to personal preference.
I love cleaning and children, so yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending