The Student Room Group

Law courses that don't require a levels?

Hi everyone,
I'm an 18 year old, who messed up at college due to poorly run courses and was unwell for a long period of my time at college so couldn't attend and it resulted in me dropping out! Does anyone know if there is any way I would still be able to get to uni? A foundation course maybe? I was looking to do a course in law but seeing as I don't have the a levels, I haven't had any luck anywhere as of yet! If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!
Aside from A Levels/Btec you can't do a law degree with any other course i.e access course however if you want to go into the legal field then a more vocational route might be better for you - take a look at CILEX
Original post by haydarihussaini
you can't do a law degree with any other course i.e access course

I'm confused, are you saying that you can't do a law degree with an access course? Because you actually can? Many people do this.
Original post by lledrith
I'm confused, are you saying that you can't do a law degree with an access course? Because you actually can? Many people do this.

oh really? sorry I didnt know this. I've always been told either a-levels/equivalent or cilex route
oh really? sorry I didnt know this. I've always been told either a-levels/equivalent or cilex route

It's okay! I think despite their age, access courses can still be a little bit mysterious in terms of what they can unlock academically. :smile:
Never trust any 'advice' given on TSR, half the people have no idea what they're talking about.

A quick google came up with this https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/courses/further/accesstohelaw-many which just shows that you can go on to do a law degree after an Access course. Good luck!
Aside from A Levels/Btec you can't do a law degree with any other course i.e access course however if you want to go into the legal field then a more vocational route might be better for you - take a look at CILEX

IB and Pre-U, and as has been mentioned Access, all are suitable qualifications with which to apply for law.
Original post by Duncan2012
Never trust any 'advice' given on TSR, half the people have no idea what they're talking about.

A quick google came up with this https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/courses/further/accesstohelaw-many which just shows that you can go on to do a law degree after an Access course. Good luck!

no need to be rude - I studied law at A-Level and we learnt about the different routes into law which didn't include access courses so I wasn't aware that you could take that route.
no need to be rude - I studied law at A-Level and we learnt about the different routes into law which didn't include access courses so I wasn't aware that you could take that route.

I'm sorry that your A-level teaching was wrong. You did come on here and provide a seemingly definitive answer which was untrue and didn't help the OP. All I did was highlight the fact that a lot of the 'advice' on TSR cannot be relied upon.
Thanks for then advice everyone, has been very helpful to to me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending