The Student Room Group

Parents driving me mad

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EastGuava
No one asked to be brought into existence though

I agree no one did ask to be brought into existence but don't you think the people who gave birth to you, fed you, clothed you, gave you as much back as they could and bought you up to where you are now deserve to be given as least a little bit of respect and kindness.
Original post by saeed97
Are you white?

Yeah. Why?
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah. Why?

Ah ok knew it, and nothing i was just curious.
Original post by saeed97
Ah ok knew it, and nothing i was just curious.

No. You probably thought "oh, it's a white kid. It's only white kids who only ever complain about their parents" didn't you?
my parents said my business wasn't making a large enough profit as i was making about 15% over my costs so when they went away last year i had the kitchen and two bathrooms refitted by a company at a cost of about £9,500 which i paid for in cash and made sure the company put it on the receipt
that showed them
i just be patient with them/
Reply 26
No. You probably thought "oh, it's a white kid. It's only white kids who only ever complain about their parents" didn't you?

Na
Reply 27
Some parents are bat**** crazy. How do you deal with your parents?

I survive by always chilling in my room, if they see me it's always around the time I go for dinner. (and occasionally the mornings)
I also became a troll to their lives and now they've cooled down. A lot. (Also helped by the fact I'm going to uni soon)

But they are still locking me in the house tho :frown:
I just lived in my room for nearly 6 years. Thank god I'm going to uni on the 26th so wont have to be back til summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some parents are bat**** crazy. How do you deal with your parents?

with pepper spray
Original post by physicst
parents are always right for almost 90% time, on the other hand we are making mistakes all the day. I don't understand how can someone accuse his/her parents. we should grateful to them to make us existance but we are just too much selfish creature. I assure that, when you have child of your own then you know why parents act like this.

'parents are always right for almost 90% time' Haha, that's more or less in essense a joke from Anchorman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKiSPUc2Jck

Just because someone has had children doesn't automatically make them wise or knowledgeable. I have a very positive relationship with my parents, but they have given me terrible advice before.
Original post by samboosa0
I agree no one did ask to be brought into existence but don't you think the people who gave birth to you, fed you, clothed you, gave you as much back as they could and bought you up to where you are now deserve to be given as least a little bit of respect and kindness.

Yes of course (although they kind of had to do all those things), but that's not what the other person was saying - it doesn't make them 'right 90% of the time'. And I don't think there's a need to be grateful for simply being given life.
Original post by EastGuava
Yes of course (although they kind of had to do all those things), but that's not what the other person was saying - it doesn't make them 'right 90% of the time'. And I don't think there's a need to be grateful for simply being given life.

No they didn't have to do all those things- they could have easily deserted you when things got too much for them but they stuck with you throughout your life. I agree that parents do make mistakes (we're all human) but they usually only want whats the best for you and therefore give you advice accordingly. There is a need to be grateful because not only were you just given life but had your parents not been with you, you would probably not have everything that you do today. You could disagree but this is just my opinion.
Original post by samboosa0
No they didn't have to do all those things- they could have easily deserted you when things got too much for them but they stuck with you throughout your life. I agree that parents do make mistakes (we're all human) but they usually only want whats the best for you and therefore give you advice accordingly. There is a need to be grateful because not only were you just given life but had your parents not been with you, you would probably not have everything that you do today. You could disagree but this is just my opinion.

I don't know how your average person can have a baby and not expect to raise them until they reach an age where they can look after themselves. I still don't see how it's necessary to be grateful for being born. If you weren't born, it wouldn't make a difference to you - well, there wouldn't be a "you". If your life isn't so great, you might prefer to not have been born, so there would be no reason to be grateful for something that was completely out of your hands. (Obviously you can be appreciative of being born/brought up in a developed area rather than a developing one, for example, however I just mean the act of being born...).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending