The Student Room Group

Girls being attracted to Guys

Are you really attracted to us boys? Do we really mesh your metal?

How come on dating websites women are inundated with messages from men, but most men's account are barren?

How come we have to always make an approach, if you like us, wouldn't you approach us?

The arguments I have seen seem to be out of pity :/ eg some girls say they hooked up with their bf because he asked her out, or because hes a nice guy...

...but females can be nice too, so why is she with a boy?

What I'm getting at is, do you really (i)enjoy(i) and (i)aspire(i) to be with lads, or because they make the move and you are flattered by the attention?

Scroll to see replies

Something I once heard - no idea whether it's true or not:

99% of women get the man of their dreams, whereas 99% of men do not get the woman of their dreams.

Make of that what you will.
Inb4 'meninism' vs 'feminism'
Fantastic question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girls only hit on men theyre attracted to. Sorry op
Reply 5
Get in to the real world and look around you. In every place of study, in every workplace, in every pub and club girls are fancying guys and making this abundantly clear. On line dating is not the way to go for guys. If you're attractive you don't need to use it, if you're not then you're just cannon fodder and would be better if finding an environment where you demeanour, personality and dress sense can make a more immediate impact.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Get in to the real world and look around you. In every place of study, in every workplace, in every pub and club girls are fancying guys and making this abundantly clear. On line dating is not the way to go for guys. If you're attractive you don't need to use it, if you're not then you're just cannon fodder and would be better if finding an environment where you demeanour, personality and dress sense can make a more immediate impact.

Idk tbf I see a lot of guys creeping on girls in these situations, girls don't seem to do much in clubs
Reply 7
Bump
If women weren't attracted to men then wtf are they dating em for?
Original post by Anonymous

99% of women get the man of their dreams, whereas 99% of men do not get the woman of their dreams.

Well that can't be accurately measured at all so Imma call bs.
I flirt with guys but it's a two way thing. If I'm not getting a forward response I'm not pushing it
But I am very attracted to men. I'll make that clear :colone:
The world seems to be full of thirsty guys, on this site as well. :erm:

Maybe girls prefer real life rather than online stuffs.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm going to lean on evolutionary/biological differences between men and women, gender roles in society etc. But from my personal experience, I've never had the urge to approach any guy before, even ones who I have had a massive crush on. I've never really thought about my reasons, I've just never wanted to do it. I expect that if a guy/or a crush wants to be with me, they'll let me know, and if they never approach me I simply take that as my answer. :smile:
Reply 12
[QUOTE=Anonymous;59343105]Idk tbf I see a lot of guys creeping on girls in these situations, girls don't seem to do much in clubs
Don't you believe it they're have their eye on the one they want.
Original post by picklescamp
I flirt with guys but it's a two way thing. If I'm not getting a forward response I'm not pushing it
But I am very attracted to men. I'll make that clear :colone:

What features makes them so?
I like some guys for sure, well men to be honest, definitely not LADs who get wrecked at Ibiza and don't really care about girls at all, just want casual sex and get trashed all the time with their mates.

My problem is I don't really know how to approach a guy, is holding his gaze and smiling enough, or is that creepy? Should I say hello passing by him? I also struggle to interpret how guys express their interest, as my friends say I've missed apparently blatant interest on the guys part before.

Any help? :/

Eek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by librarygirl
I like some guys for sure, well men to be honest, definitely not LADs who get wrecked at Ibiza and don't really care about girls at all, just want casual sex and get trashed all the time with their mates.

My problem is I don't really know how to approach a guy, is holding his gaze and smiling enough, or is that creepy? Should I say hello passing by him? I also struggle to interpret how guys express their interest, as my friends say I've missed apparently blatant interest on the guys part before.

Yeah I get your first paragraph, very wise!

On the other one, I'd say it happens to us all, but you could try flirting and looking into his eyes to see if he's interested and his general body language (whether he's leaning in, finding reasons to touch you) see if he's picking up on what you're saying or just nodding in agreement

Looking and smiling is fine for girls to do, but can be misinterpreted as just friendly, and you're relying on the guy to make an advance, we only love once I'd say just ask a guy you like "hey, would you like to meet for a coffee at x at x time"

Good luck
Original post by librarygirl

On the other one, I'd say it happens to us all, but you could try flirting and looking into his eyes to see if he's interested and his general body language (whether he's leaning in, finding reasons to touch you) see if he's picking up on what you're saying or just nodding in agreement

Looking and smiling is fine for girls to do, but can be misinterpreted as just friendly, and you're relying on the guy to make an advance, we only live once I'd say just ask a guy you like "hey, would you like to meet for a coffee at x at x time"

Good luck

Looking and smiling is fine for girls to do, but can be misinterpreted as just friendly, and you're relying on the guy to make an advance, we only live once I'd say just ask a guy you like "hey, would you like to meet for a coffee at x at x time"

Good luck

Thanks for the advice :smile: I've asked out guys before but only once I got to know them a bit. But I'll definitely keep watching for the signals you mentioned. Love the little touches, makes me feel all warm inside :smile: Smiling and saying hi is the only way I know how to express initial interest but even then I lose my nerve. But if he's not into me, then hey ho.
Reply 19
I do like guys but I'm not confident enough to approach a guy when I'm attracted to him, purely because of the fear of rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending