The Student Room Group

How often should you shower/bath?

Scroll to see replies

Once a week.
5 times an hour.
Everrrrday! (American accent) :smile:

I can't go a day without not taking my shower. Water is free and soap is cheap. Except you are salt that melts when water is mixed with it/ medically exempt, I see no reason as to why one would not take his/her shower :lolwut:

Forget studies about not taking one's shower; it's simply not hygienic. Even animals wash themselves e.g. lions and felines. Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/ever-wonder--how-animals-clean-themselves/2011/09/07/gIQAMQTt7K_story.html. If animals can bother to wash themselves, why can't humans? :redface:

Also, this article shows 11 beneficial reasons for taking a shower: http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/top-11-reasons-you-need-to-bathe-everyday-sh214/
(edited 8 years ago)
everyday in the morning and sometimes in the evenings. If I'm going out then I'll shower before and after when Ii get home so that will be 3 times a day
I shower everyday in the mornings, but I can't remember the last time I had a bath. To be honest I find the thought of taking a bath a bit gross. I mean you're sitting in a tub full of your own grime.
Original post by Vanny17
Everrrrday! (American accent) :smile:

Errrrrday* :wink:
Once or maybe twice a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Technetium
Errrrrday* :wink:

That's it! :wink:

Everyone will be able to tell I am not American; neither am I good at slang :lol:
Some nasty as f people on here, I shower every morning
I shower every day and usually wash my hair every day too as my hair as a tendency to be really greasy if it isn't washed that often.
Original post by Devinely
I shower everyday in the mornings, but I can't remember the last time I had a bath. To be honest I find the thought of taking a bath a bit gross. I mean you're sitting in a tub full of your own grime.

I only shower; hence why I edited my post to shower not bath. True, sitting in a tub is very gross. :eek:
Original post by bailfire
Some nasty as f people on here, I shower every morning

I wouldn't shower at all just I have issues with an itchy scalp and I can feel the dead skin falling off my legs and body when I am trying to sleep. I honest don't think I am nasty, but I should shower more than I do. :redface:
Original post by william walker
I wouldn't shower at all just I have issues with an itchy scalp and I can feel the dead skin falling off my legs and body when I am trying to sleep. I honest don't think I am nasty, but I should shower more than I do. :redface:

Wait what? You wouldn't shower at all? Does showering make your skin fall off? Or do you need to shower because it falls off?
Original post by bailfire
Wait what? You wouldn't shower at all? Does showering make your skin fall off? Or do you need to shower because it falls off?

Yeah I can just put deodorant on so I don't smell. I don't really like getting nude and drenching myself in water, the putting soap all over myself. However I get dead skin in my ears, face and arms if I don't. Also it feel really nice once I have had a shower. My skin and beard feel smooth. You need to shower to wash away the dead skin cells from your skin to stop them rotting and making you stink and itch.
Original post by william walker
Yeah I can just put deodorant on so I don't smell. I don't really like getting nude and drenching myself in water, the putting soap all over myself. However I get dead skin in my ears, face and arms if I don't. Also it feel really nice once I have had a shower. My skin and beard feel smooth. You need to shower to wash away the dead skin cells from your skin to stop them rotting and making you stink and itch.

Nah mate, shower more lol. Deodorant doesn't cut it :P
I shower every evening, unless time occasionally prohibits me doing so in which case I am forced to skip a day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the actual f.

I'm surprised that some of you bathe/shower every other day or intermittently. Don't you feel grimy?! I shower 2 times a day, exfoliate 3 times a week and moisturise everyday. I love the fresh and clean feeling showers give me. Tbh I don't think I'd be able to function properly if I didn't shower everyday.

seek psychiatric help.
Original post by mrno1324
seek psychiatric help.

Go have a shower.
Not necessarily. Considering I moisturise everyday and use products that improve elasticity and have "nourishing" ingredients vs people who barely moisturise I'd say my skin will be flawless when I'm older.

You quote nourising, products are full of chemicals they can do more harm than good.
Original post by HenryKenry
You quote nourising, products are full of chemicals they can do more harm than good.

Everything is full of chemicals :tongue: YOU are full of chemicals. That line always makes me giggle because it essentially means nothing.

Though many products contain skin agitators, many also contain ingredients that can help replenish the surface epidermis. Though they do little for the layers below.

There is quite conflicting evidence on the issue, on the one hand washing your skin too often can and does damage it over time. But on the other hand some products can help alleviate that damage. To what extent is less well known.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending