The Student Room Group

Immigration status mention in reference?

I'm not sure if I should or not. Do admission tutors take it as a negative?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Can you link it in any way to the subject your applying to? It's definitely possible if your applying to a history political type subject but I don't see how it would be relevant if you were applying to Chemistry for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yussefsoudan
I'm not sure if I should or not. Do admission tutors take it as a negative?

It should be in your reference.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It should be in your reference.

I'm applying for physics. And for the reference, I feel a little intimidated to tell my tutor about so yeah
I'm applying for physics. And for the reference, I feel a little intimidated to tell my tutor about so yeah

I think you will have to steel yourself to do so. The PS should be about physics and your interest in it. Your circumstances should be vouched for by your referee as an independent corroboration of them and I'd imagine that if you are applying through a school or college they will already be aware of them.
Reply 5

Your teacher will ask you if you've had any extenuating circumstances when he's writing the reference. Mine did and I told him about my issues and also universities are understanding as well.
Oh okay, all makes sense now. I guess I'll have to talk to her. Thank you all.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending