The Student Room Group

What do you think when you see a girl or your girlfriend with a lot of cleavage?

I have big boobs so unless I wear something low cut I look like a sack of potatoes even though I am thin.

I just bought this dress online and it came through and I love it but it shows off a LOT of cleavage and its body con and it's quite short... what would your opinion be of someone wearing this in the street? i will wear it with a jacket. I am meeting my boyfriend too. I am worried he'll think i'm too exposed and respect me less

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really like attention btw
Original post by Anonymous

Attention you will get it.
Reply 3

Why would your boyfriend respect you less?
If you think you won't feel comfortable with some attention might be better not to wear it?
Reply 4
Trashy
Reply 5
Imo, Cleavage AND short dress length looks a great deal trashy (unless you wear minimal makeup). To be on the safe side, choose one or the other

Then again that's just my opinion. If you love the dress, it's your choice on whether to wear it or not
Reply 6
Original post by vg21
Why would your boyfriend respect you less?
If you think you won't feel comfortable with some attention might be better not to wear it?

Original post by Swindle
Trashy

This
Rah, im just thinking "maintain eye contact"
I love cleavage so I think 'nice.'
Trashy hot more like.

In all seriousness though I don't think the cleavage on its own defines the look, so while it's not irrelevant it's also not a big deal. Not every girl that shows some cleavage is trashy, that should go without saying.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have big boobs so unless I wear something low cut I look like a sack of potatoes even though I am thin.

I just bought this dress online and it came through and I love it but it shows off a LOT of cleavage and its body con and it's quite short... what would your opinion be of someone wearing this in the street? i will wear it with a jacket. I am meeting my boyfriend too. I am worried he'll think i'm too exposed and respect me less

If you really like the dress and you think it flatters your body shape then definitely wear it. The way you dress does not change who you are inside and your boyfriend should understand and respect this. If you don't want a lot of attention you could play the outfit down; wear a leather jacket/ some sort of cover up, wear flat shoes, wear tights. Or find a slim fitting midi dress that hides more. Do what makes you comfortable and happy a girl with a smaller bust would probably get away with it. Its people tend to sexualise fuller figures like yours. But at the end of the day its all down to you :wink:
You were given a great gift. Share it with the world or take it to the knife to grant to one who is more gracious.
Original post by Another
Imo, Cleavage AND short dress length looks a great deal trashy (unless you wear minimal makeup). To be on the safe side, choose one or the other

Then again that's just my opinion. If you love the dress, it's your choice on whether to wear it or not
you can spend all your life keeping others happy OP or you can wake up one day and go to work naked.

Make your choice.

Original post by Precious Illusions
I love cleavage so I think 'nice.'

we all do
Original post by So Instinct
Trashy hot more like.

Lol why'd you say it like that?
Anyway I don't show cleave.
I don't show skin; I show physique.

its obs we will need the photo to decide
I know what you mean about looking like a sack of potatoes even though you're slim, unless you wear something that is at least somewhat low cut.

I would never think less of a girl for having some cleavage on show. I know very well how difficult clothing can be on women's bodies. It's like you can never win.
Reply 16
Thirst guys - :sexface:

Men - Walks away and thinks what a piece of trash :yep:

-------

Me - WTH why are you exposing them to the air? :lol:
Original post by SadLemon
Thirst guys - :sexface:

Men - Walks away and thinks what a piece of trash :yep:

i dont think you know how men think
Reply 18
i dont think you know how men think

:rofl:

There are pious people out there who are "classed" as men imo.

You obviously have different thoughts and I don't want to hear them.
Original post by SadLemon
:rofl:

There are pious people out there who are "classed" as men imo.

You obviously have different thoughts and I don't want to hear them.

lol i think you are living in cuckoo land. you find many of your 'pious men' messaging suggestive comments to random girls on facebook in hot outfits. i read somewhere arab men are the worst culprits of this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending