The Student Room Group

Will I get offers for mechanical engineering?

hi guys,

GCSE: 7A*s, 2As, B

AS: ABBC

I got BCE at A2 but this was due to a complete lack of organisation, as I did receive offers from UCL, Warwick, Nottingham but I failed to meet their requirements.

I'm taking a year out and reapplying as well as doing retakes, will this put me at a disadvantage as I'm taking 3 years to do A levels?

I'm planning on studying mechanical engineering and I will be applying to UCL, Warwick, Nottingham, and 2 others I'm yet to decide.

thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by pocketace
hi guys,

I got BCE at A2 but this was due to a complete lack of organisation, as I did receive offers from UCL, Warwick, Nottingham but I failed to meet their requirements.

I'm taking a year out and reapplying as well as doing retakes, will this put me at a disadvantage as I'm taking 3 years to do A levels?

I'm planning on studying mechanical engineering and I will be applying to UCL, Warwick, Nottingham, and 2 others I'm yet to decide.

thanks for your help
Unis vary on how they view people taking three years over their A levels, so you might want to check individually what line they would take.

Clearly, you will be at some disadvantage relative to applicants who achieved the required grades first time round, but that doesn't mean to say you have no chance at all, unless a uni specifically excludes resit applicants - as far as I know this would be unusual for mechanical engineering. UCL would be the most likely to say 'no', is my guess.
Original post by pocketace
hi guys,

thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously a set of poor results does not preclude you from ever studying mechanical engineering, but you may have to check to ensure that the universities you are applying to accept resit applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending