The Student Room Group

Physical natural sciences without physics

I am applying for natural sciences at Cambridge and want to do maths, chemistry, evolution and behaviour and materials science in the first year. However this classes me as a physical natural scientist and I haven't done physics A level. I did maths, further maths, biology and chemistry for a level so have all the prerequisite subjects. However I have applied to queens and I am worried there will be physics questions in the test and they may also ask me physics questions in the interview, obviously this is only if I get one!!
Reply 1
Original post by Ellie2017
I am applying for natural sciences at Cambridge and want to do maths, chemistry, evolution and behaviour and materials science in the first year. However this classes me as a physical natural scientist and I haven't done physics A level. I did maths, further maths, biology and chemistry for a level so have all the prerequisite subjects. However I have applied to queens and I am worried there will be physics questions in the test and they may also ask me physics questions in the interview, obviously this is only if I get one!!

You probably should have applied for the Bio route. The route just helps the interviewers, it doesn't restrict your options when you actually start the course.

I've no idea if it's possible to change your route at this stage - but there's no harm contacting Queens' to ask them.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
You probably should have applied for the Bio route. The route just helps the interviewers, it doesn't restrict your options when you actually start the course.

I've no idea if it's possible to change your route at this stage - but there's no harm contacting Queens' to ask them.

Ok thank you. I will try to contact them. Does this mean that if I get an interview I won't have a maths one though?
Original post by Ellie2017
Ok thank you. I will try to contact them. Does this mean that if I get an interview I won't have a maths one though?

I wouldn't worry about it, they'll know what you did for your A levels, so they're not going to ask you a load of physics questions because that would be a waste of everybody's time. You'll probably have a mathsy interview and a chemistry one.
Phone or email Queens and discuss it with them. We have people change from biological to physical sometimes, and will phone applicants up if we thing they'd be better served by switching.
Reply 5
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Phone or email Queens and discuss it with them. We have people change from biological to physical sometimes, and will phone applicants up if we thing they'd be better served by switching.

Ok thank you very much- I will do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending