The Student Room Group

University requirement help

Hi there,
I'm a student currently retaking my AS year after realising I picked the wrong Sujects for what I want to do at uni. I studied chemistry biology maths and English literature thinking medicine was the right career choice for me, I ended up with okay grades (CCCC). So now I'm starting anew with physics geography maths further maths and two applied science level 3 courses hoping to study geology and/or geophysics. What I'm trying to ask will I still be accept into top unis as I'm retaking and does it count as retaking if I've taken new Sujects. Meaning I was hoping to go to Edinburgh but they require examinations in one sitting or perhaps imperial, is it likely I would be considered for an application? Thanks in advance
If you end the year with good grades like AAAA or AAAB or something they'd probably still consider you, in the end grades are key
Original post by Iibrah1.314
Hi there,
I'm a student currently retaking my AS year after realising I picked the wrong Sujects for what I want to do at uni. I studied chemistry biology maths and English literature thinking medicine was the right career choice for me, I ended up with okay grades (CCCC). So now I'm starting anew with physics geography maths further maths and two applied science level 3 courses hoping to study geology and/or geophysics. What I'm trying to ask will I still be accept into top unis as I'm retaking and does it count as retaking if I've taken new Sujects. Meaning I was hoping to go to Edinburgh but they require examinations in one sitting or perhaps imperial, is it likely I would be considered for an application? Thanks in advance

I applied to Edinburgh, I think if you achieve the grades they will let you in.
Reply 3
Original post by lizmoo0721
I applied to Edinburgh, I think if you achieve the grades they will let you in.

were you retaking too or just a standard application?
Original post by Iibrah1.314
were you retaking too or just a standard application?

Standard application, but I did retake some AS modules in A2 year. I didn't end up here though.
Well you are taking these exams in one sitting apart from maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending