The Student Room Group

Choose: your mom or your dad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
But yeh i wouldnt choose between them. I love them so much its ridiculous. Sorry to hear how some of you guys havent had such a great experience with one/both parents.
Mum! definitely my mum.
Dad.
It's pretty sad so many people have such little affection for their fathers when compared to their mothers. My Dad wasn't around either, so of course I'd say my Mum, but still if I had kids and my children said they loved their Mum like 1000 times more than me I'd be pretty heart broken tbh. It's like your mum saying she loves your brother so much more than you lol
Cherish them..really....

Both of mine are dead.

Spoiler

I lost my mum when I was 15 and it was horrific but it would have been horrific if I'd lost either parent. It's extremely depressing thinking about my Dad passing away, I always got along better with my mum and I argue a fair bit with my dad but I still love him dearly.

So...yeah. Death of a loved one will always be awful.
Original post by driftawaay
Im watching the breakfast club and one of the characters asks this girl whether she loves her dad or her mom more.

This got me thinking about whose death I would be more affected by... and without a doubt it's my mom. I just cant even think about it. I feel like thats how most people feel. My mom always told me that she was a lot more affected by her mothers death than her fathers and she doesnt know why because she was equally as close to them. I feel the same way, I was both a mommys girl and a daddys girl and I wouldnt say Im closer to my mom than my dad but somehow I still feel this way.

Thoughts?
...mom...?

I would probably be taken down equally by either parent's death.
My dad.
Original post by driftawaay
Im watching the breakfast club and one of the characters asks this girl whether she loves her dad or her mom more.

This got me thinking about whose death I would be more affected by... and without a doubt it's my mom. I just cant even think about it. I feel like thats how most people feel. My mom always told me that she was a lot more affected by her mothers death than her fathers and she doesnt know why because she was equally as close to them. I feel the same way, I was both a mommys girl and a daddys girl and I wouldnt say Im closer to my mom than my dad but somehow I still feel this way.

Thoughts?

This is such a coincidence because I was thinking about this in the morning when I woke up for some reason

Anyway, hands down I choose my mom

I don't think I love my dad tbh
Well its already happened to me, my mum passed away and it did kill me inside. I think id be more so distraught if my dad passed now because then I'd have no one. Not a nice thing to think about tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danz123
It's pretty sad so many people have such little affection for their fathers when compared to their mothers. My Dad wasn't around either, so of course I'd say my Mum, but still if I had kids and my children said they loved their Mum like 1000 times more than me I'd be pretty heart broken tbh. It's like your mum saying she loves your brother so much more than you lol

Yeah.. the fathers of the future/current could change this type of reputation they have.
Original post by howtobealady
Yeah.. the fathers of the future/current could change this type of reputation they have.

It's an unfair reputation really, since it's not cool to generalise. But you're right, I guess more work should be done, by everyone really, to tackle these stereotypes.
Probably my dad.
Couldn't care less when my dad does die so I guess I chose my mum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
My mum...

idk how i'll carry on living without her... i just don't see myself alive without my mum there - if i do end up living after she dies (here come the tears - i can't even think about it :redface:) I will be broken for the rest of my miserable life... i will NEVER be able to move on. I hope she lives a full, long, happy rest of her life :biggrin:
Mum.
Reply 36
Original post by Danz123

No, I even said that I get along with both of them and I cant say Im closer to my mom or anything, I dont love my mom more than my dad. But if I were forced to choose, I would choose my mom. And Im not surprised that pretty much everyone in here is saying the same thing, I did suspect that people are more attached to their mothers. I dont know if its a biological thing.
Dad :smile:
I couldn't give two faps about the guy.
Dad because I don't have a 'Mom' I have a Mum...

Quick Reply

Latest