The Student Room Group

My step dad will not stop annoying and teasing me.

My step dad won’t stop bugging me. He always drives me insane. My mom just goes along with everything he says. He keeps putting his feet in my face or tickling me or zapping me in the sides. I ask him nicely to stop but then I get angry because he won’t. He won’t stop. It’s like... apart of his nature. I never agree with stuff he says. And he always gets in my face and ask me what I’m doing and if I am doing bad things. And he won’t let me have my phone. And he’s not the one that even bought it. My DAD did. Not him. And I’m 17 I should be able to have a phone now. It’s been years. Ugh. What should I do? I feel like I can’t talk to anyone about it. Please help me.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Have you ever talked to your mom about it?
Original post by Kdrysdale2021
My step dad won’t stop bugging me. He always drives me insane. My mom just goes along with everything he says. He keeps putting his feet in my face or tickling me or zapping me in the sides. I ask him nicely to stop but then I get angry because he won’t. He won’t stop. It’s like... apart of his nature. I never agree with stuff he says. And he always gets in my face and ask me what I’m doing and if I am doing bad things. And he won’t let me have my phone. And he’s not the one that even bought it. My DAD did. Not him. And I’m 17 I should be able to have a phone now. It’s been years. Ugh. What should I do? I feel like I can’t talk to anyone about it. Please help me.

Sounds like harassment, you need to speak to a grown up, such as your mother or trusted relative.
Original post by JulianCary
Sounds like harassment, you need to speak to a grown up, such as your mother or trusted relative.

Thank you. I appreciate your comment.
Ya but she mostly agrees with him cuz she doesn’t wanna fight. And I don’t think she understand my situation. It’s hard talking to her.
If your mum won’t listen speak to your dad, if your dad won’t listen then you need to speak to childline
Reply 6
His behaviour sounds a bit creepy to me. That kind of stuff would make me feel super uncomfortable. Have you tried talking to your mum about it? Or asking your Dad to talk to your mum on your behalf?

Why don’t u speak to ur real dad about it, surely he wouldn’t be too happy to hear about it
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
You’re overreacting and acting like a victim. Be annoying back.

How many times does it take to let someone know that the attention is unwelcome? Surely as a mature adult he should know where the boundaries are? After all the person isn’t their child. Your comment is what’s wrong with society. It isn’t acceptable to carry on when someone says stop.
Original post by Anonymous
Why don’t u speak to ur real dad about it, surely he wouldn’t be too happy to hear about it

Ya.
Reply 10
How many times does it take to let someone know that the attention is unwelcome? Surely as a mature adult he should know where the boundaries are? After all the person isn’t their child. Your comment is what’s wrong with society. It isn’t acceptable to carry on when someone says stop.

EXACTLY this!
Reply 11
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
You’re overreacting and acting like a victim. Be annoying back.

This response is all kinds of wrong.

Keep calm and carry on
Original post by Free81
This response is all kinds of wrong.

How so?

Kick him in between the legs, where it hurts the most to be kicked as a guy.

I’ve never related to something so much my entire life. I am also looking for help with it. I hope things are better for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending