The Student Room Group

I'm not attracted to and avoid so-called 'alpha' males

Scroll to see replies

OP just curious, because there are women who like 'alphas' but like them to submit, but then I assume there must be women who like less 'alpha' but like them to dominate privately or don't like any submission. What are your priorities regarding a man being sub. I ask because it's not always related to whether a woman likes public dominance as to whether she likes it privately.
I guess because it seems like although women may not like a certain dominance, some women also don't like a man being 'too equal' with them privately. They still have some quite clearly defined gender roles.
This thread is a bit useless without a pic of OP to give it some perspective.
Original post by Jared44
I'm pretty sure most Alpha males don't go on The Student Room.

Yeah! I'm more 'Uber' male myself.
Dear OP, I take hat off to you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
This thread is a bit useless without a pic of OP to give it some perspective.

Why do I need a pic? Where is your pic?
Original post by Anonymous
OP just curious, because there are women who like 'alphas' but like them to submit, but then I assume there must be women who like less 'alpha' but like them to dominate privately or don't like any submission. What are your priorities regarding a man being sub. I ask because it's not always related to whether a woman likes public dominance as to whether she likes it privately.

I guess because it seems like although women may not like a certain dominance, some women also don't like a man being 'too equal' with them privately. They still have some quite clearly defined gender roles.

I'm not massively hung up on the whole sub/dom thing I prefer to make decisions together for the most part. I certainly don't enjoy dominating. If we are talking about the bedroom though that is one place I definitely like a man taking the lead :wink:
Original post by Flying Lotus
What sort of male do you think would garner a lot of female attention?

Probably 6 foot plus, muscles, chiselled jawline, has full head of hair etc. You know just conventional. That or a guy with money and a nice car.
Probably 6 foot plus, muscles, chiselled jawline, has full head of hair etc. You know just conventional. That or a guy with money and a nice car.

Why is this?
Original post by Chlktrain135
This may sound weird but I dig shy guys who are not that popular with women. I hate competition since I will be near the bottom of the pack :tongue:.

Only criteria? Good chemistry, and intelligent. Okay, make that two:smile:.

Aww don't say that about yourself :frown:
Why is this?

Because you asked for my opinion and I gave it to you.
Because you asked for my opinion and I gave it to you.

As in, why would the majority of females find that type of male attractive?
Why do I need a pic? Where is your pic?

It's not my opinion being discussed so it's irrelevant.
Women who are 6s and below often claim to dislike alpha guys as a result of them always being rejected by them. If this is the case then your point is fairly moot.
Did not read any of that apart from title but guessing you said something about 'alpha' males being big headed and treating women badly etc etc etc

Alpha male > Beta phaggot
Original post by Jebedee
Women who are 6s and below often claim to dislike alpha guys as a result of them always being rejected by them. If this is the case then your point is fairly moot.

Maybe they feel intimidated by such a guy.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Anyone else think that the op is most likely a guy?

Anyway, there's a lot of confusion over what an "alpha" really is. In fact you could argue that it doesn't really exist anymore in today's society. People think it's the biggest or toughest guy, or the guy who sleeps with the most women. But that simply isn't true. It's all about being a leader. After all Alpha basically means the individual with the highest rank or the most power within a community.

So lets take a small group of friends. One of them could clearly be the most dominant and be the leader of that group, or the "alpha". However, put him in another group, at work for instance and is he still an alpha male? When he has to do whatever his boss tells him to?

Imo an alpha would be someone who leads and answers to no one. They are truly dominant. For example the famous conquerors such as Ghengis Khan or Alexander the Great etc.

Recent examples might include Putin, Pablo Escobar.. whoever else. Not exactly the protein shake drinking, vest wearing self proclaimed "playboys" that most people seem to regard as alphas.

I'm a female.

And yes there might be some archetypal alpha males and great leaders but I am talking about the self-proclaimed 'alphas' who are mostly internet warriors. There's a few here on TSR, and the dumb websites like bodybuilding.com, youtube and bloggers as well like roosh v.
Maybe they feel intimidated by such a guy.

That too but it wouldn't necessarily result in her rejecting the guy. I guess we're talking about a hypothetical as in OP being approached by an alpha male.
Original post by NathanDYEL
Did not read any of that apart from title but guessing you said something about 'alpha' males being big headed and treating women badly etc etc etc

Alpha male > Beta phaggot

In what ways is that inequality true? Do you wax/shave your chest btw?
wtf is an alpha male pls. Actually, don't tell me.

Some people just try too hard to add some meaning to their lives by attaching a useless label which won't have any additional benefits in life except for a false ego-boost.
Original post by Jebedee

No I wasn't rejected by them I reject them. So if I was an 8/10 my opinion would be valid then? Maybe I am.. Plus one man's 6 is another man's 3 and another man's 9. My whole point is that it doesn't matter where you are on the scale these emotionally retarded, broken ego wannabe 'alphas' are only trying to collect notches on their belts anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending