The Student Room Group

This guy gave me his phone number today...

I was approached by this guy. He was cute and seemed nice. At the end of the conversation (I was at work) he asked for my number. I became really shy and uncomfortable since my work colleagues were surrounding us and I know they were listening in. I told him to write down his number, I did this to make it seem like I wasn't interested in him so my colleagues wouldn't mention it again. He told me not to take his number if I'm not planning to call him.

I've added his number now and I thought he would have what's app, so I could message him on there. However I've discovered that he doesn't have it, I'm quite a shy person as it and I'm thinking to text him instead of calling. What if he doesn't even remember who I am? Do you think this is a good idea?

Scroll to see replies

ring him!:smile:
Yeah just ring him ! And wait for his response

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
send him a WhatsApp invite. if he doesn't accept, then forget about him
Reply 4
Send him a WhatsApp invitation.
Orrr you can just ring him and speak voice to voice? Is it impossible to have a phone/social life without whatsapp
text him to get whatsapp :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by CCC75
Send him a WhatsApp invitation.

hehe, beat you to it
Text him if you're shy and then you can mention whatsapp if u like. Just sending him an invite out of the blue will look impersonal :/
I like hearing a woman's voice and only quick text my guy friends. Maybe I'm old school I dunno. But I would find it childish if a girl I asked out sent me an invite to a whatsapp group with her girlfriends. Weird.
Original post by rat poison
Orrr you can just ring him and speak voice to voice? Is it impossible to have a phone/social life without whatsapp

PRSOM
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Just sending him an invite out of the blue might look impersonal :/

yesssss, I hate that.
Reply 12
Text him say hey it's .... How you doing?

Something like that and then if he replies then it's all good. If not then forget about him :smile:
Original post by rat poison
yesssss, I hate that.

Yup, if OP wants to build a connection then she needs to have a more personal approach.
Original post by phunky_fresh
I was approached by this guy. He was cute and seemed nice. At the end of the conversation (I was at work) he asked for my number. I became really shy and uncomfortable since my work colleagues were surrounding us and I know they were listening in. I told him to write down his number, I did this to make it seem like I wasn't interested in him so my colleagues wouldn't mention it again. He told me not to take his number if I'm not planning to call him.

I've added his number now and I thought he would have what's app, so I could message him on there. However I've discovered that he doesn't have it, I'm quite a shy person as it and I'm thinking to text him instead of calling. What if he doesn't even remember who I am? Do you think this is a good idea?

I wouldn't ring him straight away too personal what you want to do is to get to know him first. I would suggest texting him through normal means you don't need Whatsapp to text.
Reply 15
Text, get a name, Facebook stalk.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Yup, if OP wants to build a connection then she needs to have a more personal approach.

I would rather have someone text me first before speaking over the phone. OP doesn't know the guy so texting first would be more viable.
Reply 17
Just text him! Why is this so hard?!?
Original post by Black Cat
I would rather have someone text me first before speaking over the phone. OP doesn't know the guy so texting first would be more viable.

Same, I mentioned texting earlier on too :-) I meant texting would be more personal than sending a whatsapp invite.
Reply 19
Original post by phunky_fresh

Obviously he knows who you are lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending