The Student Room Group

I have never been hugged/kissed/cuddled/whatever.

I'm a girl and yeah the title pretty much describes it, everyone I see have been/are in relationships and it really puts me down because I have never even been friends with a guy properly let alone been asked on a date.

Also, it's not like I'm overly shy, I try to be friendly and confident as I can.
I interact with people, get their numbers to keep in touch and they talk me for a day or so then ignore me. For example, this guy who was speaking to my fine is online right now, he has been for the whole day, but he won't reply to my message. I feel so dumb ugh.

Even for Halloween, my mum bought me a costume for a party with my mums friends and stuff but that got cancelled so I'm just going to go around my town myself, walk around or something.

It's not even so much that I want "a boyfriend".. I just.. I just want a friend. Someone I can talk to, share my ideas with, just a live a normal teenage life.
I don't mind being alone most of the time, in fact I have got used to it but I can't help but feel so alone sometimes
Last year, for Christmas I asked "Santa" for a friend, guess it will be the same this year.

P.S. I know I come off as depressed in this post but don't tell me I'm depressed and should go see a doctor because I'm not, it's just one of those days.

Scroll to see replies

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk - I'll happily be a friend
If you want to talk, feel free to pm me x
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl and yeah the title pretty much describes it, everyone I see have been/are in relationships and it really puts me down because I have never even been friends with a guy properly let alone been asked on a date.

Also, it's not like I'm overly shy, I try to be friendly and confident as I can.
I interact with people, get their numbers to keep in touch and they talk me for a day or so then ignore me. For example, this guy who was speaking to my fine is online right now, he has been for the whole day, but he won't reply to my message. I feel so dumb ugh.

Even for Halloween, my mum bought me a costume for a party with my mums friends and stuff but that got cancelled so I'm just going to go around my town myself, walk around or something.

It's not even so much that I want "a boyfriend".. I just.. I just want a friend. Someone I can talk to, share my ideas with, just a live a normal teenage life.
I don't mind being alone most of the time, in fact I have got used to it but I can't help but feel so alone sometimes
Last year, for Christmas I asked "Santa" for a friend, guess it will be the same this year.

P.S. I know I come off as depressed in this post but don't tell me I'm depressed and should go see a doctor because I'm not, it's just one of those days.

I'll kiss/cuddle/ hug you and be your friend :smile: Just PM me if you need to talk about something. Btw, I'm a woman too.
High five :five: I'm in the exact same situation (I'm male) because I'm just too awesome for physical contact :u:
I'm female, in similar situation as you. I don't have any guy friends & haven't been in a relationship at all.
Reply 6
A happy exterior helps attract people. Boys that don't reply aren't worth it. Look for people like you that havnt made strong bonds that might appreciate your time and company
Reply 7
Aww feel free to PM me anytime you want to talk about anything you feel like. Rant about life I don't mind. I want to help you in anyway I can :h:
With everyone else, if you need to chat or rant, just pm me :smile:

As for making new friends, it's probably already been suggested to you but try taking up new hobbies or sports. I was exactly like you, and I started volunteering and found myself a new hobby (cosplay) and I've met so many wonderful people, and I met my partner through new friends as well :smile:
Reply 9
Was like that once, pm if u want to talk
Reply 10
I totally get you. I used to feel the same way.
I bet all the predators say this.
"Yeah, don't worry, I'm a teenager to". When you turn up you see a 40 year old who is nervously looking for Chris Hansen.

Same here. "Yeah, I'm female to". I would bet against it.
This kind of outstanding achievement deserves a Gold Blue Peter badge.
Original post by i<3milkshake
I bet all the predators say this.
"Yeah, don't worry, I'm a teenager to". When you turn up you see a 40 year old who is nervously looking for Chris Hansen.

Same here. "Yeah, I'm female to". I would bet against it.

Hahahaha

Naw, I only say it because I'm always getting mistaken for a guy on here.
>OP - how old are you? I doesn't matter as you are feeling like you have no friends, I'm just wondering.
If you are a young teenager I would like to encourage you that it usually gets better and you will probably make
lots of good friends when you go to uni. But, if you are out of school and not going to uni or you are 'older' in your 20's (ha, cuz in your 20's isn't old but you know...) then you do need to seek out some new ways to meet people. Have you considered volunteering or joining a community activity?

You need to also consider why people don't continue to respond. Some people you meet will just not mesh; but is it possible you 'chat' too much with people you don't really know well yet? Do you do any activities where you see the same people on a regular basis? That activity will be the base for forming new friendships. Once you have a number ask you friend if they'd meet you for coffee or something. Text, give the person a chance to respond but don't expect an ongoing dialogue until you really get to know that person.
Original post by Mr Flak Jacket
This kind of outstanding achievement deserves a Gold Blue Peter badge.

Is that..sarcasm ?
I was literally the same as you dw. But i realised you shouldn't overthink. sounds cliche'd but just think f*ck everyone and just be yourself and people will start gravitating towards you. Don't try to be anything, don't even try to be confident if that's not you. I'm SUPER awkward and shy but people know that's how i'm like. sure not everyone gets it but the people that do are the people that matter.
I've noticed that people can be boring/ annoying/rude and still have friends so you can be he complete opposite and not have many friends so it's not you. Also people do like others with distinct personalities so just let yours naturally shine through.

PM me if you want any other tips/advice as i kinda get it. or like others said PM me if you just want to talk :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Is that..sarcasm ?

What does the reading on your detector say?
Original post by Mr Flak Jacket
What does the reading on your detector say?

Well it started beeping so I'm guessing it is.
Aww. :console: :loveduck:

The first step is probably to make guy friends from whatever you're doing (school/uni/work etc), build up your confidence and then start thinking about other things.

Latest

Trending

Trending