The Student Room Group

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hibzish
firstly the person i was originally replying to said jesus was god because he had greater miracles than moses, i was just making clear miracles do not make him god

The two are not mutually exclusive. God would be able to perform miracles so Jesus, being considered God, would be able to perform magic.

Jesus was limited, there are many quotes of his that proves this.

Which quotes?

thirdly, its not that God is incapable, He will not show himself but give clear signs to submit to 1 creator

So by your own admission you can't claim Jesus isnt God on the basis that he lived in human form, as you've just said God can do that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TAREQ003
This one of the great question which i wanted someone to ask me, Of course everyone should be against it! Firstly, i want say it is very wrong. The fact that i heard that they are raping ppl which completely against Islam, NO ONE will enter Heaven if they committed Zina (Adultery) useless he prayed to Allah for forgiveness and the Allah knows the best. Wheni see some of the news about ISIS that they are raping, i can't trust them they change the whole story especially Daily Mail, BBC, Fox etc lie soo much which they brain washed people about Muslim they always show negative side of Islam. When you read something Muslim guy done something they will uses the word "Muslim" which gives negative side of islam and also some of the media use the religion as a problem they don't look at their personality and they think that Islam radicalised them.

My dad teaches he NEVER* convinces ppl to join Isis which wrong what they are doing killing innocent people. Some people say that Islamic Scholars convinces ppl to join ISIS and they teaches radicalised stuff to the students which not true.

ISIS are Wrong!!!

Current estimates are that more than 500 british muslims have joined ISIS, do you believe that this is failure of the muslim community to educate the youth and what is currently being done to prevent more muslims going off to fight for ISIS?
I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions. :biggrin:

Thanks

Do you believe that non-Muslims can't go to heaven?
Reply 243
Original post by Bubblewrap167
Do you believe that non-Muslims can't go to heaven?

Of course, Christians, the original Christians who believed Jesus as messenger not god they will go heaven. And I don't know it's up to the god all mighty he knows the most and he is the judge.
Reply 244
Original post by The Diplomat.
Current estimates are that more than 500 british muslims have joined ISIS, do you believe that this is failure of the muslim community to educate the youth and what is currently being done to prevent more muslims going off to fight for ISIS?

Sometimes you have to realise that America and now Russia and Zionists Israel killing innocent Muslim ppl for oil and other stuff as they uses "terrorist" to the normal people. You can find soo many stories that they are killing innocent people not isis or terrorist ppl they killing ppl like us. I know how ppl feel when they leave their home country. And not all joining ISIS and some people go there to help ppl through charity. Of your yes some of ppl are not thought properly and the right path. This like starting smoking at school where u have ppl smoking and you join them or peer pressure or...
Original post by geniequeen48
You can. When you're in a desperate situation that could end your life then the forbidden things become allowed (ONLY for that situation). E.g. if you're in the middle of the desert with no water and you are so thirsty, but there's a bottle of alcohol lying around then you are allowed to drink, ONLY to keep you alive. Did I get that right OP? Confirming.

yupz.. u got that right..:h:
Sometimes you have to realise that America and now Russia and Zionists Israel killing innocent Muslim ppl for oil and other stuff as they uses "terrorist" to the normal people. You can find soo many stories that they are killing innocent people not isis or terrorist ppl they killing ppl like us. I know how ppl feel when they leave their home country. And not all joining ISIS and some people go there to help ppl through charity. Of your yes some of ppl are not thought properly and the right path. This like starting smoking at school where u have ppl smoking and you join them or peer pressure or...

I understand that Israel have mass murdered muslims in palenistine but still please answer my questions
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Jesus did claim he was God, many, many times. And Son of God doesn't refer to a biological son as Christians don't believe Jesus began to exist, they believe he has always existed, as confirmed by the Nicene Creed.

You say the power comes from God but in Christianity Jesus is God, so he does the power himself.

And what you say next is illogical, how does being able to relate to something = limited abilities?? :confused:

If you're saying Allah can't incarnate in a human body and live among people then he indeed has limited abilities!

If Christians believe that he/Jesus has always existed, then why did he died...??
Original post by Muhammad Shehzar
If Christians believe that he/Jesus has always existed, then why did he died...??

Jesus, as the second person of the Trinity, is first and foremost a spirit, the divine spirit. This soul then took on a body and lived for around 30 years, but the body itself is not the soul.
Original post by The Diplomat.
I understand that Israel have mass murdered muslims in palenistine but still please answer my questions

Yes, I'd say that it is the failure of the Muslim community. BTW I am a Muslim.
I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions. :biggrin:

Thanks

Hey

Still waiting for a reply to my post 162

"Do you believe in forgiveness? Please give some examples if your answer is yes or no". Thank you

Also, do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Thanks :smile:
Of course, Christians, the original Christians who believed Jesus as messenger not god they will go heaven. And I don't know it's up to the god all mighty he knows the most and he is the judge.

John 14 - 8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.…:smile:
The two are not mutually exclusive. God would be able to perform miracles so Jesus, being considered God, would be able to perform magic.

and yet did other prophets? i don't think you get what im saying

Which quotes?

“The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.” (Mark 11:12-13).

This should be easy to understand even for you! this is showing Jesus limited knowledge. Jesus didnt know there wasn't any fruit on the tree and also that it wasn't the season for figs
The Bible shows that Jesus was not all-powerful and all-knowing as the true God should be

So by your own admission you can't claim Jesus isnt God on the basis that he lived in human form, as you've just said God can do that.

you really are just stretching this and not understanding, READ CAREFULLY. God is capable of everything! that does not mean im saying jesus cant be God becaus he was human. i am saying he cant be god because god will not come in the form of human.

The quote here is giving a clear message
Paul said about God in the following passage, which clearly shows that Jesus is not God: “God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever.” (1 Timothy 6:15-16).

Paul said that God alone is immortal. Anyone who believes that Jesus died cannot believe that Jesus is God.
Original post by Hibzish
Jesus and Moses and all the prophets had miracles, that doesn't make them Gods. But it was God that gave them the power.

Do you believe that Moses never sinned? In the Bible, it says that he did, which is proof that he could not have been God's son. However, Jesus never sinned, which is unlike any human in history. This separates Him from the prophets. Also, every single prophet in the Old Testament predicted His coming; clearly, this makes Him special above the prophets, and what is a step up from prophets? :wink:

Also God made prophets/messengers for humans to be following and learning.
If you say god made himself similar to human to relate your saying Jesus was limited in his abilities therefore he cannot be God

This would be completely true from a Muslim point of view, in which God never came down to Earth in human form, but it is true from a Christian point of view. And this is what makes Jesus' great deed so amazing, For God so loved the World that He gave his only son, that we might not perish but have eternal life. To quote a very famous passage from the Bible... I don't mean any offense, but to me, this is such a wonderful, powerful piece of news that I would feel like I was doing you an injustice not to mention it:smile:
Original post by Hibzish

“The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.” (Mark 11:12-13).

This should be easy to understand even for you! this is showing Jesus limited knowledge. Jesus didnt know there wasn't any fruit on the tree and also that it wasn't the season for figs
The Bible shows that Jesus was not all-powerful and all-knowing as the true God should be

you really are just stretching this and not understanding, READ CAREFULLY. God is capable of everything! that does not mean im saying jesus cant be God becaus he was human. i am saying he cant be god because god will not come in the form of human.

Paul said about God in the following passage, which clearly shows that Jesus is not God: “God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever.” (1 Timothy 6:15-16).

Paul said that God alone is immortal. Anyone who believes that Jesus died cannot believe that Jesus is God.

Jesus miracles are different in that with many of them he did them himself, instead of asking for God for aid. As is the case with other miracles in the bible, either God does it himself r is asked to, eg splitting of the sea and manna from heaven

Then there is Jesus trail where he states

6 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

And

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one
Original post by Hibzish

Read my above comment...

I'm sorry, but can't you see what this symbolises? If God looks for our fruit and finds none, He will do to us what it says after your quote that Jesus did to the fig tree: He will put a curse on us, so that we will never again be fruitful. There is a great deal of symbolism in the Scripture, and I'm afraid that you (not you personally, but as a group) don't realise just how much there is...

That doesn't make any point at all.

But Jesus rose again. Don't forget that He is simultaneously the Lord God, so He was always alive in that sense. Check out http://www.100prophecies.org/page4.htm
before you start debating whether the Bible did actually predict Jesus' death...

Can I just ask another question btw...
You say that the Bible was corrupted, but what is the evidence, and how early is it from? I think that it might just be from after the original gospel. :wink:
Original post by zetamcfc
Ok, good to know you have a closed mind.

And do you?
I think we should all have open minds; that way, we won't all be blundering along our separate paths, but help each other out, in trying to find the right path. Seriously.
Original post by Hibzish

According to the Bible, yes. This isn't even that surprising, Jesus himself says that if people had as much faith as he had then they'd be able to do all the magic he could do, and more.

This doesn't necessarily follow. If God decided to incarnate as a human then it's possible that he would have allowed himself to experience some of the limitations of the human mind and its abilities. Besides, I find the fig story quite dubious considering one of Jesus' main miracles is the feeding of the 5000 in which he basically made food appear out of thin air. So if he was able to do this then surely he would have able to conjure up a few figs! :laugh:

You're contradicting yourself. You said that God can, if he wants to, incarnate as a human so he could have done this in the form of Jesus!

Saying God wouldn't do that isn't a valid argument because Christians will simply say he would and you have by your own admission conceded that he could so if he so desired. So your argument against it isn't one of logic, but one of dogma.

In addition, if you're saying that Allah can't temporarily experience limitations then he is in effect limited!

Since when do Christians believe that Paul had any divine authority or knowledge to make claims about God's nature?

You've resorted to a random quote from Timothy, but the point remains that Jesus claimed he was divine countless times and there are plenty of other verses in the Bible that also say this which I could use to counteract this one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Jesus, as the second person of the Trinity, is first and foremost a spirit, the divine spirit. This soul then took on a body and lived for around 30 years, but the body itself is not the soul.

Ahhh!!! its not right friend.. He was a messenger of Allah but not a god himself.. Most of the believes that christians have r right but the most biggest of their dis-believes is that they believe Jesus to b god..
Original post by Muhammad Shehzar
Ahhh!!! its not right friend.. He was a messenger of Allah but not a god himself.. Most of the believes that christians have r right but the most biggest of their dis-believes is that they believe Jesus to b god..

And Christians will just say that Muslims are the biggest of disbelievers, so nothing new there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending