The Student Room Group

Thoughts on guys wearing Shoe Lifts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Well if you're less than 1.5 inches shorter than a girl, then for a lot of, I imagine that could very well be "make or break".

It's surely common knowledge that most girls wouldn't want to date a guy who is shorter than her.

I don't see why that would mean a girl "isn't worth your time". Sexual relationships are based a lot on physical attraction. :p: How's a girl judging a guy on his height any different than a guy judging a girl on her face?

I guess if he is like exactly as tall normally then it can appear more significant in that case but I was thinking more in general/on average. Well it's more the small difference that makes it feel silly to me; i.e. small change in height = instant cut-off, not having a preference for height generally. Like imagine a guy refuses to date a girl because her breasts are marginally too small in his opinion...
(edited 8 years ago)
Just a little bit of make-up can make a woman around 57% more attractive, and I guess for today's height obsessed women it might have a similar, though lesser effect. Fine, you can't see the lifts but you don't have a clear impression of the un-made up woman (assuming this is the first-time you've met her), yet your penile hardness is still increased by 57%.

It's no different from wearing Air Max (+1.2 inches) or boots (+1.5 inches) on a date.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's interesting to note the insecurities of men when it comes to height. I mean, you have people like Tom Cruise or Simon Cowell or Stallone in lifts -- all of which, presumably, would command a high deal of respect from their peers and hold a huge amount of wealth. Yet, the height is something that seems to affect them all similarly; the lack of height seems to have such great effect that even all of the other positives aren't enough to be able somehow to disregard it. These guys aren't even short as well -- all at least 5'8/5'9.

I don't think other men should be made to feel about wearing them, but I guess they need to be somewhat conspicuous (and not wear anything that looks too unrealistic)
Being short? Not great.
Wearing heels as a guy? Embarrassing if anyone notices. Which they will unless you wear high heel shoes 24/7 or at least every single time without exception that you see them.
Original post by ubisoft
Extreme case of short man syndrome.

so when a woman wears heels, she has little woman syndrome? if a woman wears a padded bra, she's has little-boobs syndrome?
A lot of mens shoes already have some kind of heel to them ect. Being 6ft 4 i've never needed them.
Reply 26
Original post by sleepysnooze
so when a woman wears heels, she has little woman syndrome? if a woman wears a padded bra, she's has little-boobs syndrome?

Yes. Yes.
What are thooooooose?
Original post by FatehL
you put them in the sole of your shoes, and they give you an extra 1.5/2 inches of height?

Girls mainly, what are ur thoughts on this?
People argue its the same as women wearing makeup or wearing heels?

What would you think of a man that is clearly feeding his insecurity and wears lifts to look taller?

Go into as much detail as you want..

thanks

If women can wear make up, heels, hair extensions and get plastic surgery to have bigger boobies then personally I see no reason why men shouldn't be able to wear man heels. It's hypocritical as both serve as enhancements of natural features to allow women to be able to enhance their natural attributes but deny men the opportunity to do so
Original post by FatehL
you put them in the sole of your shoes, and they give you an extra 1.5/2 inches of height?

Girls mainly, what are ur thoughts on this?
People argue its the same as women wearing makeup or wearing heels?

What would you think of a man that is clearly feeding his insecurity and wears lifts to look taller?

Go into as much detail as you want..

thanks
According to studies, there is a correlation between height and job performance grades. I've worked in HR and those who are 5% taller than average tend to receive better gradings - which usually means a higher bonus.

So there is a clear financial benefit to wearing shoe lifts.
Wow if you're that insecure to wear lifts that really says something about you.
If you're quite short (eg. < 5ft 9) then fair enough otherwise, its just a joke.
I'm 6ft 1 (Not that tall I know) and have never considered myself in need of lifts.

People is not going to spend money and the effort of finding shoe lifts if they don't truly need it.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
According to studies, there is a correlation between height and job performance grades. I've worked in HR and those who are 5% taller than average tend to receive better gradings - which usually means a higher bonus.

So there is a clear financial benefit to wearing shoe lifts.

But there are also studies that shown that taller people are usually smarter - are you sure that is not a factor?
Well if you're less than 1.5 inches shorter than a girl, then for a lot of, I imagine that could very well be "make or break".

It's surely common knowledge that most girls wouldn't want to date a guy who is shorter than her.

I don't see why that would mean a girl "isn't worth your time". Sexual relationships are based a lot on physical attraction. :p: How's a girl judging a guy on his height any different than a guy judging a girl on her face?

But most guys are taller than girls, even the shorter guys are taller than most girls given the approximately 10 cm dif in height. It won't make or break. It is just another part of the whole pie. There are rarely anything that make or break something since there are so many factors in life - luck, personal preference, and etc.
Original post by ForeignStudent32
But there are also studies that shown that taller people are usually smarter - are you sure that is not a factor?
Not really, considering that the job didn't really require a lot of brain power - most of the 800 people under my department (about 90%) did not have a university degree (the job did not require one), and neither was the job physically-demanding (women could do it too)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34
I wear a shoe lift for my left leg because it's shorter than my right leg

Posted from TSR Mobile
But most guys are taller than girls, even the shorter guys are taller than most girls given the approximately 10 cm dif in height. It won't make or break. It is just another part of the whole pie. There are rarely anything that make or break something since there are so many factors in life - luck, personal preference, and etc.

How would you define 'shorter guy?'
Not really, considering that the job didn't really require a lot of brain power - most of the 800 people under my department (about 90%) did not have a university degree (the job did not require one), and neither was the job physically-demanding (women could do it too)

What is your job?
What is your job?
Can't say, but all I can reveal was that it had to do with non-combat military.
For example. I believe the avg height of male to be 177 and the avg height female to be around 165.

If you studied stats, the bell curve thing says that there is a lot of people around the average. Aka 177, so there is a lot of 170- 173, they would be shorter than average. However, they are still at least 2 inches taller than the female average.
Can't say, but all I can reveal was that it had to do with non-combat military.

What does HR mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending