The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by syntaxerror98
Wow, I thought the standards for BMAT were even higher for Cambridge! Did you get the interview before BMAT results were released or after?

What / who are you referring to here?
Original post by bmatcrazy
Yah I applied to cam and imperial. How about you? What are your other sections like?

I had 3.7, 4.5 and 3.5A so not too great. I've applied to ucl as well, and my other choices were Barts and Exeter. Haven't heard from anywhere yet so still waiting :K:
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
If I recall from seeing your other posts your scores in S2 (4.9) has met the cutoff for the past 4 years so you should be safe for that and your S3 (3A?) will meet cutoff, but if my predictions are correct I think the S3 cutoff will probably rise to 3B (or effectively >2.5) this year due to the sheer volume of people scoring 3 this year from the graph (as a disclaimer this is just my predictions and may well be wrong!)

Basically there's no need for you to get it remarked unless you think it'll significantly hinder you for another BMAT uni if you don't get it remarked.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Surprissingly 2014 BMAT S3 results seem to be better than the 2015 ones so I don't think the cutoff should change much...
So, come Friday will imperial send out invites in a big group? Or do they tend to stretch them out for a long time?
Original post by Masked_Freak
Surprissingly 2014 BMAT S3 results seem to be better than the 2015 ones so I don't think the cutoff should change much...

I was just speculating so you may well be right :P

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Original post by yasaminO_o
Lol Imperial haven't been able to find my BMAT results bc my school registered me with the wrong DoB, has this happened to anyone else? I've sent them my candidate number and centre name but I'm worried things will get delayed :/

Yes, I literally had the exact same situation! I registered for the BMAT with the incorrect DOB (apparently I was born in 1988!), and managed to get my results that way. The exam person contacted the BMAT people and they updated their record, but said it wouldn't interfere with the universities getting the results, even if it had been left in its incorrect form.

:smile:
Omg same I did so much prep and was getting 5/6 but lolllllll wtf how are your scores?
Yeah my ums are high ish but I haven't heard anything from cam yet. Even if I do I don't think I'll impress them that much hahah

3.7, 5.4, 3.5A but my UMS is 99.75 (all 4 subjects). Hopefully this impresses them or I'm finished. RIP imperial for me also.
Original post by PhoenixFire17
Yes, I literally had the exact same situation! I registered for the BMAT with the incorrect DOB (apparently I was born in 1988!), and managed to get my results that way. The exam person contacted the BMAT people and they updated their record, but said it wouldn't interfere with the universities getting the results, even if it had been left in its incorrect form.

:smile:

I only realised when I couldn't register to get my results, and emailed BMAT who told me they couldn't change it as results had already been released but it wouldn't cause any issues with unis receiving my results. Two days later ICL emailed me asking if I'd sat the BMAT at all bc they couldn't find my results :/ They have my results now but I'm annoyed that I might have a longer wait for an outcome than I was hoping for :/
Original post by Firestartc
3.7, 5.4, 3.5A but my UMS is 99.75 (all 4 subjects). Hopefully this impresses them or I'm finished. RIP imperial for me also.

Wow that's impressive! You'll definitely get an interview!!
Can anyone explain to me how the banding system works with Imperial?

Thanks 😛
Wow that's impressive! You'll definitely get an interview!!

I was under the impression that if you didn't meet the cut off it was an automatic rejection.
Original post by BioStudentx
I was under the impression that if you didn't meet the cut off it was an automatic rejection.

Yeah that's true
Original post by BioStudentx

I meant with Cambridge
So tomorrow is the day huh?
I'm not ready
Original post by Hectors
I'm not ready

For grad applicants it was meant to be yesterday but as far as I can see, none of us have heard anything at all yet :frown:
Original post by cyberchibii
For grad applicants it was meant to be yesterday but as far as I can see, none of us have heard anything at all yet :frown:

oh okay, I'm quite nervous cause my BMAT score is very borderline and last year I had been rejected due to being below cutoff on section 1 by one mark, i hope that is not the case this year :/
Original post by Hectors
oh okay, I'm quite nervous cause my BMAT score is very borderline and last year I had been rejected due to being below cutoff on section 1 by one mark, i hope that is not the case this year :/

Ah that's so frustrating! But looking at overall scores this year, they do seem to be lower and I believe Imperial said they're interviewing more people for the A100 course this year (but fewer for A109 fml) so I'm sure you have a decent shot!
Original post by Hectors
I'm not ready

Does everyone get told tomorrow or only band 1 applicants?
Original post by nutcase13

It says 'from the 4th' or something like that so I guess band 1 first
Original post by nutcase13

Previously they used to just tell band 1s on the first day but from reading old threads, it seems like last year it was fairly random - some people who just reached the cut-off scores found out earlier than people who should have been in band 1. Not sure what they'll do this year, but don't lose heart and assume it's a rejection if you don't hear straight away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending