The Student Room Group

Does it matter if I did not mention this qualification on UCAS?

Hi I sent my UCAS application off 3 months ago and have had all of my offers back but while clearing out the other day I found the results slip for a Dida level 1 or 2 ( I can't really remember) qualification I did in year 8 that I forgot to put on it. Should I email UCAS and my uni's to change it ? I honestly don't even remember doing it or where I have kept the certificate (the school I did it at closed when I was in year 9 and I haven't needed to look at the stuff from then) I'm really worried they will cancel my application.
No they would not cancel out your application. I had level 1 French that was a B but I could not put it down on UCAS as there is no option for qualifications you passed before doing you're GCSE's. If you are really worried you could email UCAS and let them know
Original post by Parrotperson
Hi I sent my UCAS application off 3 months ago and have had all of my offers back but while clearing out the other day I found the results slip for a Dida level 1 or 2 ( I can't really remember) qualification I did in year 8 that I forgot to put on it. Should I email UCAS and my uni's to change it ? I honestly don't even remember doing it or where I have kept the certificate (the school I did it at closed when I was in year 9 and I haven't needed to look at the stuff from then) I'm really worried they will cancel my application.

Very unlikely anyone will care, about this kind of qualification at that age, but to cover yourself, email the details to [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Very unlikely anyone will care, about this kind of qualification at that age, but to cover yourself, email the details to [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

I don't know if this makes a difference but it was not the whole qualification just unit 1 (DIDA/B D101 Digital applications unit 1) Also for years 7,8, and 9 I was at a different school, which closed in year 9 and I was transferred to the other school (they merged and took all the remaining students from my old school) As a result, on advice of my teachers I did not mention this school on my UCAS application. Would I then have to add this school as well as it was here I did the Dida?
I don't know if this makes a difference but it was not the whole qualification just unit 1 (DIDA/B D101 Digital applications unit 1) Also for years 7,8, and 9 I was at a different school, which closed in year 9 and I was transferred to the other school (they merged and took all the remaining students from my old school) As a result, on advice of my teachers I did not mention this school on my UCAS application. Would I then have to add this school as well as it was here I did the Dida?

I strongly suspect it won't be required, but the point is that I am not qualified to make this decision, so just email the address I gave you, explain as you have done here, and they will tell you what to do. You're not going to get into trouble for it - you are trying to do the right thing. If they say you don't need to put it on, then you don't, and if they say you do, then they will give you instructions on how to do it, and you will have covered yourself.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I strongly suspect it won't be required, but the point is that I am not qualified to make this decision, so just email the address I gave you, explain as you have done here, and they will tell you what to do. You're not going to get into trouble for it - you are trying to do the right thing. If they say you don't need to put it on, then you don't, and if they say you do, then they will give you instructions on how to do it, and you will have covered yourself.

Ok thank you :smile: I am going to talk to my school on Monday and then email UCAS :smile:
Ok thank you :smile: I am going to talk to my school on Monday and then email UCAS :smile:

Ok, sounds like a plan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending