The Student Room Group

Being bullied by a girl, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
We are both in year 13 doing A2. This girl is crazy. I have never spoken to her or about her. Whenever she sees me, she calls me gay and other homophobic insults in front of everyone. I always ignore her and walk away but today I was annoyed. I went to tell the head of the college. Did I do the right thing? What would you have done? Also what do you think her punishment would be?

Either fight back or tell someone. But don't stay silent.
Ignore her, OP. Things get better. University will be far better; She and her attitudes will be in the minority.

The only reason to care if someone is gay or not is if you have some interest in them romantically. Just think of it like this: She's taking it out on you because she feels she doesn't have a shot, which she most definitely does not.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Either fight back or tell someone. But don't stay silent.

What would you do in my place?
Original post by ruby420
don't do anything, that was so misogynistic of you to report her!

:facepalm:

I sincerely hope you are trolling (and doing it terribly)
What would you do in my place?

I'd tell someone. Whatever it takes to make it stop.
We are both in year 13 doing A2. This girl is crazy. I have never spoken to her or about her. Whenever she sees me, she calls me gay and other homophobic insults in front of everyone. I always ignore her and walk away but today I was annoyed. I went to tell the head of the college. Did I do the right thing? What would you have done? Also what do you think her punishment would be?

This is interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thunder_chunky
I'd tell someone. Whatever it takes to make it stop.

But if the college do not suspend/exclude her I think it puts me in a worse position than before.
Reply 27
Original post by ruby420
don't do anything, that was so misogynistic of you to report her!

Are you for real? Shes bullying him but he cant report her? Would it be okay for him to punch her in the face since we are all equal?
But if the college do not suspend/exclude her I think it puts me in a worse position than before.

Then they are not doing their job and you should try going over their heads. Tell your parents/parent, guardian and make them put pressure on the college.
When you meet the girl next time, ask her about it. Why she is bullying you all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidb9966
When you meet the girl next time, ask her about it. Why she is bullying you all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, she told me to go cry.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Ignore her, OP. Things get better. University will be far better; She and her attitudes will be in the minority.

The only reason to care if someone is gay or not is if you have some interest in them romantically. Just think of it like this: She's taking it out on you because she feels she doesn't have a shot, which she most definitely does not.

Is this an actual thing people do?

They bully someone because they think they're out of their league?

I see.

She might actually have an interest in you but she does not quite like your personality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cold stare / Ignore her. Don't stay completely silent. Make it clear you don't respect her, get aggressive if she doesn't take it, if she fears you she might get the message (no violence obviously). She might just be a bit horny m8, if she calls you gay give her a big kiss
Reply 34

And here you are.... Doing exactly what she told you to do.

Shes not going to get kicked out shes barely done anything. Grow up and either stick up for yourself or ignore her.
So you are suggesting to kowtow to sexism?

What do I do? I am 18 years old... surely I shouldn't be name-calling her back?

You should have learned to deal with this at a much younger age. People will only name-call you because you let it bother you, so you can either express your nonchalance over it or be better at it.
Original post by Jebedee
So you are suggesting to kowtow to sexism?

You should have learned to deal with this at a much younger age. People will only name-call you because you let it bother you, so you can either express your nonchalance over it or be better at it.

Of course not, but getting him a criminal record over something so trivial isn't going to help him in future, is it?
Reply 37

Hi. The thing about bullies if they can see they are getting to u they will do it more.

Wait and see after u have told someone, then if her behaviour doesent improve then just make a joke about it like "id rather be gay then f ur", i know u think ur too old but trust me no matter old u get there will always be bullies, and u have to rise above them. If its one thing bullies hate its seeing u r not affected by it so just make a joke next time " im doing ur dad" he says he loves me more etc. A bit harsh but it will work. Embaress her in front of her friebds be like u made me gay etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sure. It's a well-known fact that 6 year old boys pull the hair of girls they like.

Some boys and girls never grow past that. That's what this sounds like.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Sure. It's a well-known fact that 6 year old boys pull the hair of girls they like.

Some boys and girls never grow past that. That's what this sounds like.

I thought bullies usually only bullied to increase their social status; not out of frustration or anything.

That doesn't sound right to me at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending