The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jo-sie
Hi all, I'm wondering how long BCU usually take to get back to you? Anyone got dates for interviews there yet?

It took about 4 days for them to get back to me but I sent my application off quite early so replies might take longer now as more people may have applied
Original post by sylbou
Hi,
You need to read about the role of an SLT. Also, think of why you want to do it.
, what you like about the field.

Good luck!
Really hope you get it.

Original post by sylbou
:biggrin: Good luck! Hope you get it!
Show them you are the ideal SLT student :congrats::congrats:

Original post by Aria Abc
It took about 4 days for them to get back to me but I sent my application off quite early so replies might take longer now as more people may have applied

I submitted my application to them on Boxing Day (for the part-time route) and it took them about two weeks to get back to me.
Reply 303
Original post by Sukirtha

When will you find out?
Reply 304
Original post by opalescent
I submitted my application to them on Boxing Day (for the part-time route) and it took them about two weeks to get back to me.

How exciting! When is your interview? I've applied for part time too.
Original post by Jo-sie
How exciting! When is your interview? I've applied for part time too.

8th February. :smile:
Hello :smile:
I've applied for this September too. Had an interview with Cardiff Met and I've got Leeds Beckett and Marjon coming up. Been rejected from Reading and haven't heard anything from City London yet :frown: Cardiff said they will get back to me with a decision within 2 weeks :smile:
what was your interview at Cardiff met like?
Hello everyone

Does anyone know how many places are in each Bsc course? (approximately)

I have no idea if there are some places generally assign to EU students. I'm asking this since I'm from EU and I have no idea about how many chances there are for European students.

I have applied near the deadline. Has anyone heard from BCU, Leeds Beckett or City London? Does anyone knows about East Anglia University?

Thank you so much guys and good luck to everyone
Original post by danniblair27
what was your interview at Cardiff met like?

Hey :smile: it was ok! They incorporate an open day into it. It was just a 1-1 interview with two therapists for 15 minutes otherwise! I was so nervous but it went well! Fingers crossed
I'm not expecting to hear from Sheffield for perhaps months as they've been getting in touch with people quite late the last few years...But I'm so impatient! I have a feeling I've been rejected though so I should enjoy the no news bit haha.
Reply 311
Original post by AnnaIann
Hello everyone

Does anyone know how many places are in each Bsc course? (approximately)

I have no idea if there are some places generally assign to EU students. I'm asking this since I'm from EU and I have no idea about how many chances there are for European students.

I have applied near the deadline. Has anyone heard from BCU, Leeds Beckett or City London? Does anyone knows about East Anglia University?

Thank you so much guys and good luck to everyone

Hi
Where are you from?
I also applied for City very close to the deadline, called them and said I have to wait another two to three weeks for an answer.
They also said they are taking around 30 students this year.
City is the only one I haven't heard from which is my top choice!
Thank you very much for your reply :smile: I'm from Italy. So few places in each University :/

We just need to wait a bit more I guess, good luck with your application :wink:
Original post by xxpinkgemxx
Hey :smile: it was ok! They incorporate an open day into it. It was just a 1-1 interview with two therapists for 15 minutes otherwise! I was so nervous but it went well! Fingers crossed

When did Cardiff Met say they would get back to you after your interview?
hi guys!!! has anyone got any offers from BCU yet and how long do they take to reply after the interview?
Original post by Aria Abc
When did Cardiff Met say they would get back to you after your interview?

They said within two weeks! So should know by next Saturday eek
I got an interview at DMU on the 20th of Jan but I never got the email and I don't know why they didn't do it through UCAS. But since I didn't get the email I had no idea about it so I didn't attend. They rang me yesterday telling me to ring back yesterday before 4:30 to get another interview but I didn't have access to my phone until today so I didn't even know about that either. On the phone the woman said if I didn't ring by then my application will have been withdrawn and now I really don't know what to do. Help? please. :frown: :frown:
Original post by xxpinkgemxx
They said within two weeks! So should know by next Saturday eek

Good Luck!
Original post by JammyMelons
I got an interview at DMU on the 20th of Jan but I never got the email and I don't know why they didn't do it through UCAS. But since I didn't get the email I had no idea about it so I didn't attend. They rang me yesterday telling me to ring back yesterday before 4:30 to get another interview but I didn't have access to my phone until today so I didn't even know about that either. On the phone the woman said if I didn't ring by then my application will have been withdrawn and now I really don't know what to do. Help? please. :frown: :frown:

This is their fault if they didn't even email you, I had an interview there, i think on that day, and I got it through email too. Nothing on UCAS I don't think, I also got attachments, and the occupational one was missing, so i wasn't even aware it existed and had to fill it on the day.
You should definitely ring them and explain what happened, since it isn't your error if they never managed to send the date to you, it could be a computer error/anything. It's really sad if they aren't able to offer you something....you may as well attempt at least
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest