The Student Room Group

I confessed to a guy I've liked for 5 years! Read the mail.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LVRG
...you ****ing scare me... fml

I'm NOT scary, I'm just.....confused? I mean, you all see it from your perspectives, and I can't really blame you for that, I AM the one who put it on TSR.

But try looking at it from mine. A guy who has always thought I was completely unemotional and, well, a cynic about all this, (he ain't that different from me in that sense) finds out that I, OF ALL PEOPLE, liked him. The reason I was so aggressive is that I DID NOT want him to think I was some diddly-eyed daydreamer who celebrates liking him and crushing on him. I want him to think of me as someone who actually did like him, and wants to get over it.

That doesn't make sense, right? Okay, it's fine, never mind. I'm done defending myself, you can take my email and laugh over it with your friends. I am done caring. But just know, that although I'm trying cover up my agony with a few sassy replies, I'm really upset, and the least I could do with is not reading how you'd totally reject me and laugh at me.

Also, why FML, I'm the one who made the mistake, and not to you, anyways :-P
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Aww this is so sweet :h:

I hope he replies with an I like you too lol

Good luck!

You make me smile, I hope you have a good day!

Also, I presume you're Asian, as, so am I. The guy I like is too, and, i dunno, maybe it's a cultural thing? I just.....hope I haven't made the biggest mistake of my life
Original post by fandom-queen
You make me smile, I hope you have a good day!

Also, I presume you're Asian, as, so am I. The guy I like is too, and, i dunno, maybe it's a cultural thing? I just.....hope I haven't made the biggest mistake of my life

I don't think confessing to a guy you've liked for so many years can be considered the biggest mistake of your life lol that took guts, I know, so bravo :h:
Original post by TheMadHatteress
I don't think confessing to a guy you've liked for so many years can be considered the biggest mistake of your life lol that took guts, I know, so bravo :h:

Yes, it was brave, but also extremely stupid......Why do I do this to myself *groan*
Reply 44
I'm NOT scary, I'm just.....confused? I mean, you all see it from your perspectives, and I can't really blame you for that, I AM the one who put it on TSR.

But try looking at it from mine. A guy who has always thought I was completely unemotional and, well, a cynic about all this, (he ain't that different from me in that sense) finds out that I, OF ALL PEOPLE, liked him. The reason I was so aggressive is that I DID NOT want him to think I was some diddly-eyed daydreamer who celebrates liking him and crushing on him. I want him to think of me as someone who actually did like him, and wants to get over it.

That doesn't make sense, right? Okay, it's fine, never mind. I'm done defending myself, you can take my email and laugh over it with your friends. I am done caring. But just know, that although I'm trying cover up my agony with a few sassy replies, I'm really upset, and the least I could do with is not reading how you'd totally reject me and laugh at me.

Also, why FML, I'm the one who made the mistake, and not to you, anyways :-P

No it's just the way you type... you just come across as a bit intense what with the sporadic CAPS shouting and all that. The email was funny (and a bit tragic) but everyone makes mistakes. You'll get it right eventually... courtship isn't the easiest of things to master.
Original post by LVRG
No it's just the way you type... you just come across as a bit intense what with the sporadic CAPS shouting and all that. The email was funny (and a bit tragic) but everyone makes mistakes. You'll get it right eventually... courtship isn't the easiest of things to master.

Omg, it was tragic, wasn't it? Sorry, CAPS is kind of my thing, as you can see, I'm so used to fangirling, that's I'm uber-comfy in Caps.

And yes, I did make a mistake. I do regret it, but I'm going to be the grown up that i'm not and just deal with it.

There's always next time (no there isn't, like hell I'm gonna do this ever again. The guy's either gonna do it, or I'm going to die waiting)

thanks.
Reply 46
Omg, it was tragic, wasn't it? Sorry, CAPS is kind of my thing, as you can see, I'm so used to fangirling, that's I'm uber-comfy in Caps.

And yes, I did make a mistake. I do regret it, but I'm going to be the grown up that i'm not and just deal with it.

There's always next time (no there isn't, like hell I'm gonna do this ever again. The guy's either gonna do it, or I'm going to die waiting)

thanks.

Just a warning... guys in general are a simple bunch, most of the time we're happy with the simple things. Some guys are really ****ing simple though and any subtle signals (or even loud signals) you give will go right over their heads. Sometimes you've got to take the bull by the horns and let a guy know coz even I can be hopelessly oblivious at times when it comes to reading signals. Obviously use your judgment and don't waste your time.

All the best
I thought that was weird.

1) if you're over the guy why are you emailing him all this ****. How do u actually expect him to respond???? You tell him he can do what he wants with this information but that you don't even like him anymore so what is there for him to do? Other than realise you're crazy
2)"I didn’t want to, but I did. And I hate myself for it." talk about over dramatic.... It's a ****ing crush
3)the way you capitalise every other word and try so hard to make it funny rather than what the email is actually about is cringeworthy
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I thought that was weird.

1) if you're over the guy why are you emailing him all this ****. How do u actually expect him to respond???? You tell him he can do what he wants with this information but that you don't even like him anymore so what is there for him to do? Other than realise you're crazy
2)"I didn’t want to, but I did. And I hate myself for it." talk about over dramatic.... It's a ****ing crush
3)the way you capitalise every other word and try so hard to make it funny rather than what the email is actually about is cringeworthy

You're prob right........and the fact that I know this is bad...........Yup, I'm just gonna hide now

Oh, and also, I see that you like Maths a LOT. I know this is really strange, but do, by any chance, think that a person who got borderline A/A* (I got 88% in Maths) at IGCSE, can handle AS/A-math? I like the subject, I love it, but I don't know whether I'll be able to cope.

I've been meaning to post this question on the maths forum, but have kind of being delaying it......
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LVRG
Just a warning... guys in general are a simple bunch, most of the time we're happy with the simple things. Some guys are really ****ing simple though and any subtle signals (or even loud signals) you give will go right over their heads. Sometimes you've got to take the bull by the horns and let a guy know coz even I can be hopelessly oblivious at times when it comes to reading signals. Obviously use your judgment and don't waste your time.

All the best

Thank you. That helped. Never again, THAT i solemnly promise myself
Okay, Update, he said he didn't feel the same way, but he was super nice about it!

He said that although he was initially confused, my email made him laugh at me, and my defensiveness.

Basically, he said that although it wasn't ideal, he'd probably like my confession more than a boring old "I like you, please say yes"

It was memorable, to say the least.

So all's well!

I'm just glad I didn't offend him.
Okay, Update, he said he didn't feel the same way, but he was super nice about it!

He said that although he was initially confused, my email made him laugh at me, and my defensiveness.

Basically, he said that although it wasn't ideal, he'd probably like my confession more than a boring old "I like you, please say yes"

It was memorable, to say the least.

So all's well!

I'm just glad I didn't offend him.

Happy end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Well done for putting yourself out there, but this is what really stood out...

YOU ALWAYS READ THE LAST PAGE FIRST??! :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive

Yeah, I mean, I wasn't really expecting a yes, so, the fact tht he was nice about it was cool.
Yeah, I mean, I wasn't really expecting a yes, so, the fact tht he was nice about it was cool.

So, what would you do if he was to say yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are... Are you sure you're not autistic?
I can't be the only one in tears coz' of this.
Original post by Impressive
So, what would you do if he was to say yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, then, I probably would've........ummm, I dunno, given him a toothy grin and genuinely told him I was happy.

But, I'm okay, I'll get over it.
Original post by Dilzo999
Are... Are you sure you're not autistic?

What does autism have to do with anything? Yes I did go crazy for a while, but insult me, what d'ya have against the differently abled people of the world. Sheesh, that's discriminating. Tsk-Tsk. Annoying how people bring stereotypes into a personal "what's wrong with you" battle.

Don't bring them into it. They're cool. If you think I'm an idiot, say it to me, don't indirectly be insulting them.
what? I don't think he probably got what the point of the email was?

Couldn't you just say I used to like you and felt I need to express this to get it off my chest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending