The Student Room Group

Fashion your seatbelt and ride with me towards AS success!

Le blogue: Fashion Your Seatbelt and ride with me towards AS success

“Pop quiz. Which of these do you agree with?

Intelligence is fixed at birth.

Some people are creative, others aren’t.

You can become a world-class expert through enough practice, whatever your starting point.

You can change your personality.

“If you agreed with the first two statements, you’re coming from a fixed mindset. If you agreed with the second two, you’ve got a growth mindset.”

Welcome to my side on TSR!I'm Tatyana A. but you guys ( and girls :flutter:) can call me Tee. I'm 16 years old and I will remain 16 till 11th August 2016 yeah yeah I know I'm one of the babies in the year :unimpressed: Currently I'm doing A levels in English Literature, French, Psychology and Textiles. This summer I'll be doing an exam in Textiles, Psychology and French. My ultimate aim is to get A A A ( like a boss obvs lol) but I'll be more than happy with a B in Pyschology MAAYYBEE in French but I'm striving for those A's honey!

Why did I decide to start this blog or even be apart of the Grow Your Grades competition? Well, ever since Christmas I felt like I've lost all my motivation ever since I started 6th form and after my mocks I was sure that I was going to fail my AS exams ( I'm pretty dramatic). I don't know about you but I underestimated A levels I mean people who have done their A levels and are still doing it did warn me that it is NOT EASY but I DID NOT expect THIS. GCSE's was like running the 100m as long as you trained hard enough, you would make it to the end with great results whereas A levels is like running 400m with hurdles and no one warned you on how endless 400m was nor did they say there was going to be any hurdles. THE JUMP FROM GCSE TO A LEVEL IS HUGE! too huge for my liking but hey THIS IS LIFE.

So answering the question, I started this blog to share my struggles with other AS/A level students because we are all in this together * high school musical vocals :wink:* and I think sharing the ups and downs I'll go through whilst striving for A grades would be like a coping mechanism for me. I would love to find my motivation again too and I hope you lot will share what you're doing and what you want to achieve with me! any advice, any recommendations, any positive message that is going to boost you and I's determination, motivation and keep our head up is GREATLY appreciated.

My 2016 Goals are:
- Finding out my effective way of studying- which includes doing my homework and coursework on time, revision (smh.) and USE MY TIME WISELY!
- Finding time to do what I enjoy - reading, social media, going out with friends,...
- Travelling! To expand my knowledge and apply it to my educational knowledge.
- Be less stressful and more prepared for my exams
.- Of course to get A A A in my AS exams!
- To be determined and motived again.
- Knowing what I want to do in the future and what uni I want to go to
- To grow as a person, to mature and learn from my mistakes

That's all for now ladies and gents,I hope that I didn't bore you! Next post will be more about me, why I choose those 4 A levels and why I choose to name my blog Fashion your seatbelt and ride with me towards AS success. Leave comments, POSITIVE comments.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
okeh.jpg
Reply 2
Original post by Synonym
okeh.jpg

lol.
Seatbelt fashion is so hot this year!

Reply 4
LOOL is it.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Seatbelt fashion is so hot this year!

Reply 5
Chapter 2: Know more about...
Quote of the week:
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

Hello beautiful people, I hope everyone is doing well in school and in their personal lives as I'm not, unfortunately. Trying to balance my school life and personal life is very hard but I'll get there with the help of motivation quotes, my mum :tongue:, my planner and REVISION TIMETABLES.

It's halfterm: Halelujah but that doesn't mean I'm going to have time to chill ( and watch netflix), my lovely teachers made sure that I would be busy throughout this week:
Pyschology:

Revise all topics we've done ( Social Influence, Attachment, Memory and Research Methods) for a mock exam in class

Complete sheet on Mislead Information and Eyewitness Test

Exam Question on Cognitive Interview

English Literature

Read part 5 of Bird Song

Write an essay on the significance of the Home Front focus in part 4, Bird Song

Up the line to death anthology page 46, annotate the poem Flanders and page 47, annotate the poem The Dead.

French ( Oh Lord)

4 Listening tasks

Translation task

2 Reading tasks

Write an letter to a magazine about the school system

Practise questions that could be asked during the speaking exam

Textiles

Catch up with portfolio ( I'm SO behind :s-smilie:) and making product.

So enough of my boring school life and more about me:h:
Q: Why did you name your blog ' Fashion your seatbelt and ride with me towards AS success'
A: Well, I LOVE fashion. I fell in love with the world of fashion at the age of 10 when my brother bought me a Top model Design Studio book as a birthday present. My dream since then was to become a designer like Chanel ( bae for life) but when I was 14, I kind of lost interest in the designing garments instead the business side of fashion caught my attention and ever since then becoming a successful fashion buyer or director or PR has been my number one goal. When I struggle and feel like giving up, all I do is click on my OneNote icon and I just look at my LIFE GOALS section that's just enough to make me want to finish my education! Since you lovely people have joined me on my ride to AS success, I thought why not change fasten your seatbelt into fashion your seatbelt as it would make it more personal!

Q: Why did you choose English Literature, French, Pyschology and Textiles for A levels?
A: I chose my A levels according to what I loved during my GCSE's days and whether it would go well with what I want to do at University. I suprisingly discovered how much I like English Literature at GCSE when we were reading different types of poetry, books and what I love the most about English Literature is that there's no wrong answer - your answer or the way you imagine those words can be as deep and abstract as you want as long as you can back it up. I chose Textiles because when I moved to England in 2012 ( I'm Belgian peeps :colondollar: therefore my English can be confusing or have minor mistakes, I apologize in advance!) Textiles help me discover why I found fashion so interesting and my teachers enthusiastic way of teaching textiles enhanced my knowledge on textiles and fashion as well as my eagerness to have a career in fashion! I thought Psychology sounded like a interesting subject that could contribute well when I go into the world of working because I'll know why people have a certain behaviour during certain situations and stuff. Don't get me wrong, Psychology is very interesting but the content : facts, studies, psychologists and never ending topics are PSYCHO literally there's so much to know but as long as you like it and are determined you'll find a way to know it! French, I fell in love with this language when I still lived in Belgium! The language itself is so sophisticated and chic and when it's spoken it sounds so rich and..simply fascinating, call me crazy but I'm a Languaholic! At the moment I speak fluently in three languages: Dutch, Twi ( or Akan - Ghanaian) and English :smile: and I would love to learn German and Spanish in the future after I'm fluent or close to being fluent in French!

Talking about languages, how many languages can you speak and what languages would you love to learn? How's your half term going and are you planning to revise?

Well unto exciting things this week:
I'M GOING TO LYON,FRANCE on Saturday 20.02.2016!!! I'm super excited and I can't wait to be surrounded by the amazing French people and their culture. Don't worry peeps I'll take a lot of pictures and tell you all about it when I'm back!
Less exiting news, I found out when I'm doing my AS exams :eek:
my first exam,French speaking, is on 5 May 2016 Psychology is on 16 May 2016 then I've another Pyscho exam on 23 May 2016, French on 6 June 2016. English Literature is an A level therefore I'll do the exams next year, YAY!

Welp that's all for now peeps. :redface: Make sure to comment peeps whether you're doing your gcse's, a levels or a uni degree I would love to hear your story or any positive advice or message you have for me!

Love
Tee xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending