The Student Room Group

what do you think about me asking my orthodontist out?

he only became my orthodontist some weeks ago, i've only seen him twice. i already had braces but i was getting a retainer checkup so i went to a random new orthodontist. we are both in our twenties (im early, hes late) and i know for a fact he isn't married through research (lol). i don't know if he has a girlfriend, but i mean there's no way to find that out unless i ask him myself. i don't seriously like him but he's attractive and seems nice. he smiles at me a lot and is friendly but he probably does that to everyone. he asked me where i'm from and what i'm studying and such but otherwise not much small talk. he told me i have a nice smile but he probably tells everyone who had braces that. also there was another coworker in the room when he said that and it wasn't weird or anything. i see him in a few weeks for another checkup. should i just ask for his number? i don't want to pick him up at his place of work in case he turns me down or someone overhears. i wouldn't say i got any vibes from him but he has to be professional of course. he was more friendly and like chill in the first visit, he seemed more distant and a little more quick after that but nothing too weird. but the first visit was longer so he also got more of chance to talk then! when i was lying down in the dental chair in the second visit, i was looking down towards my feet and then looked up and into his eyes and he had been looking down at my face at that moment and quickly looked somewhere else. this may not mean anything though. i don't think it would be weird if i wanted to hang out with him, the tricky part is HOW. i don't even really need to go back there after this visit so it's not awkward or unprofessional. the front desk guy of the dental place added me on facebook and messages me a lot...so it's not like everyone there is all professional. but i would never use that guy for extra information about the orthodontist because it'd be too embarrassing and weird. i wouldn't usually think of ever doing this but he seems pretty chill and i don't like people easily. what do you think???

Scroll to see replies

I think it's a stupid idea, sorry.
Reply 2
Not gonna happen.
Reply 3
Original post by Reeeeyah
I think it's a stupid idea, sorry.

well, many people have done this and some have gotten into relationships after. but i'm kind of hesitant too.
I say go for it! What is there to lose? You obviously like him.. If he turns you down then that's fine. It happens. One you stop going for check ups you will never see him again so it's worth the chance!
How close is the second dental practice if things go pear shaped?

If its like an hour away, youre better off getting your treatment finished and then risking it, just for convenience sake.

lol.
Reply 6
Original post by the terminator
How close is the second dental practice if things go pear shaped?

If its like an hour away, youre better off getting your treatment finished and then risking it, just for convenience sake.

lol.

i'm actually not getting treatment done. i already had braces, he just got me new retainers a few weeks ago and he wants me to come for a checkup to see how they are. it's not even a really necessary visit but i don't mind at all hahaha.
Paragraphs, please.

And I concur with the people saying that it's a bad idea. If you really must do it, wait until your last appointment/follow-up so that, if he turns you down, there's no future awkwardness to deal with.
Reply 8
Go for it.

You can have a lot of fun role-playing.

Sexy orthodontist and the kinky client. :sexface:
Reply 9
I think you're reading far too much into it.. If you don't even seriously like him (as you said) then I'd say it's not worth trying. Why would you dig around to find out if he's married though? That's a tad creepy, he's your orthodontist.
write a note and slip it to him on the sly...and then run
Reply 11
Original post by Katarvi
I think you're reading far too much into it.. If you don't even seriously like him (as you said) then I'd say it's not worth trying. Why would you dig around to find out if he's married though? That's a tad creepy, he's your orthodontist.

i mean i don't have a HUGE crush about him or think about him all the time. i did for like 2 days but now it's just more of a small attraction/ interest. but as i said i don't like people easily. LOL what's so creepy about it? if you see someone you like you are curious to know if they are with someone right?
ot: unless ur really good looking I wouldn't do it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by searust
i mean i don't have a HUGE crush about him or think about him all the time. i did for like 2 days but now it's just more of a small attraction/ interest. but as i said i don't like people easily. LOL what's so creepy about it? if you see someone you like you are curious to know if they are with someone right?

What do you like about him though? Being that you've met him in a patient/professional capacity I'd say it's not likely you've really had a chance to see what kind of a person he is, since he is at work and the job requires him to be friendly and polite to all of his patients.

Something about specifically researching to check if he's married seems creepy to me. How did you find out exactly? Like an online search?
Reply 14
Original post by Katarvi
What do you like about him though? Being that you've met him in a patient/professional capacity I'd say it's not likely you've really had a chance to see what kind of a person he is, since he is at work and the job requires him to be friendly and polite to all of his patients.

Something about specifically researching to check if he's married seems creepy to me. How did you find out exactly? Like an online search?

hahahhaa NO, i asked the front desk guy who was messaging me, but he has no idea because i asked about everyone who works there and said i'm just a curious person. well, he seems okay, like not an idiot, he seems like he could have a sense of humor, i saw a few of his public facebook statuses, he seems chill and nice and yeah i dont know much about his personality but that's all the more reason to hang out with him. i don't seriously like him, i just feel i should explore this. i'm not attracted to many guys easily.
Reply 15
Original post by Wolfegirl98
I say go for it! What is there to lose? You obviously like him.. If he turns you down then that's fine. It happens. One you stop going for check ups you will never see him again so it's worth the chance!

it's definitely worth the chance, i just don't know if can do it in that setting haha
Original post by stefano865
Go for it.

You can have a lot of fun role-playing.

Sexy orthodontist and the kinky client. :sexface:

OP how do you feel when his fingers are in your mouth?

Spoiler

Original post by Katarvi

:nothing: So??????

Now gynecologist...different story....
'I don't seriously like him but he's attractive and seems nice' what does that bit mean? You either fancy him or you don't. I fancy my dental nurse but kind of don;t have the confidence to ask. I would say go for it. The only problem you have is if he turns you down it will be awkward the next time you go in.
Original post by searust
it's definitely worth the chance, i just don't know if can do it in that setting haha

do...what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending