The Student Room Group

Health and social care BTEC diploma level 3

I am currently in my first year of A-Levels however I think I'm not going to continue with the second year because I'm not enjoying sixth form. I am going to be doing a college course, Health and Social Care BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3. I think I will enjoy the course more and I will enjoy college more than sixth form.
I'm interested in helping people, so far I have considered nursing (children), social work and mental health nursing. I am very unsure which is best suited to me and if it is even possible with the course I will be doing. If you have any experience in these jobs or have done the same course that I will be doing please give me your opinions!
Original post by Ellawinrow
I am currently in my first year of A-Levels however I think I'm not going to continue with the second year because I'm not enjoying sixth form. I am going to be doing a college course, Health and Social Care BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3. I think I will enjoy the course more and I will enjoy college more than sixth form.
I'm interested in helping people, so far I have considered nursing (children), social work and mental health nursing. I am very unsure which is best suited to me and if it is even possible with the course I will be doing. If you have any experience in these jobs or have done the same course that I will be doing please give me your opinions!

i am currently doing AS health & social care in Sixth form
Reply 2
Original post by fatima1998
i am currently doing AS health & social care in Sixth form

Is the subject hard?
Original post by Ellawinrow
Is the subject hard?

i think its one of the easiest one
but it depends...
if u r doing btec then its much easier
but i am doing ocr as level and both course has course work so ensure that u r good in writing a lot of coursework :u:
I'm currently doing this course and I think it's good because it covers a wide range of topics and also you do around 4 placements meaning you will get experience and gain knowledge on the real working world.
As you're unsure of what you want to do I think this course will suit you. I have 2 friends in my class, one is planning to go into paramedic while the other is planning on going into children's nursing. As for myself, I'm planning on becoming a early years teacher.

What subjects are you currently doing?
Reply 5
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I'm currently doing this course and I think it's good because it covers a wide range of topics and also you do around 4 placements meaning you will get experience and gain knowledge on the real working world.
As you're unsure of what you want to do I think this course will suit you. I have 2 friends in my class, one is planning to go into paramedic while the other is planning on going into children's nursing. As for myself, I'm planning on becoming a early years teacher.

What subjects are you currently doing?

I'm currently doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, English language and Philosophy and Ethics but I think I will be leaving to do the level 3 health and social because I only enjoy psychology and sociology and overall I don't enjoy sixth form. It sounds like the course will give me some options and that's one reason why I want to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending