The Student Room Group

Whats everyones opinion on making internet friends?

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend and I met online, always make sure the person you're talking to is who they say they are by skyping, phoning, snapchat, sending letters etc, I made sure I was completely sure I trusted him and felt confident he wasn't hiding his identity before we met!
Reply 21
They're the only ones I have :lol:
Reply 22
Original post by emily-brown
My boyfriend and I met online, always make sure the person you're talking to is who they say they are by skyping, phoning, snapchat, sending letters etc, I made sure I was completely sure I trusted him and felt confident he wasn't hiding his identity before we met!

aww thats nice :smile:
Original post by Danny McCoyne
I've had numerous online friendships but all of them were superficial, at least from my perspective.

You cannot replicate genuine IRL friendship online.

But you can make absence of an IRL friendship less factor with an online friendship. Personally I don't share my real identity with online friends, so I consider it pretty safe. Its definitely healthy to share toughts with someone at times.
Original post by Danny McCoyne
I've had numerous online friendships but all of them were superficial, at least from my perspective.

You cannot replicate genuine IRL friendship online.

Agreed. Kids these days practically live online and have no real friendships. It's so sad to see because online can never replicate something so simple as going to your mates house to watch a derby match together. Just one example I used of something a real friendship can provide that an online one cannot.
Reply 25
Original post by Major Zero
Agreed. Kids these days practically live online and have no real friendships. It's so sad to see because online can never replicate something so simple as going to your mates house to watch a derby match together. Just one example I used of something a real friendship can provide that an online one cannot.

I see where you're coming from, but some of us just can't make friends irl:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I see where you're coming from, but some of us just can't make friends irl:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that. What stage of education are you in, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 27
I'm sorry to hear that. What stage of education are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Year 13
Original post by Andy98
Year 13

Presuming you go to Uni, you'll have lots of opportunities to make new, real friends. Just a case of you putting in some sort of effort.
Reply 29
Presuming you go to Uni, you'll have lots of opportunities to make new, real friends. Just a case of you putting in some sort of effort.

Hopefully, just doesn't come easy for me
Alex has friends
Alexion has friends

Two worlds, one goal of ultimate friendship :h:
Been let down to many times to ever bother with making internet friends ever again!
Original post by AthiaKarim
Very true OP

I'm very sceptical of friendships formed in this manner. Only because it's hard to know what their intentions are

I try not to make friends with people online

But if it do, I know for real that person is genuine.

But most people turn out to be horrid

cheers
Dude you rock! I actually developed Frysbe aiming exactly that!!! ;-)
Dude you rock! I actually developed Frysbe aiming exactly that!!! And it feels like glory when u say we look like snapchat. There we were, just two friends having fun developing an app!! :-) thanks
Reply 35
Original post by yeikiu
Dude you rock! I actually developed Frysbe aiming exactly that!!! And it feels like glory when u say we look like snapchat. There we were, just two friends having fun developing an app!! :-) thanks

Troll right? No way did you develop Frysbe haha.
Original post by bhangal96
Troll right? No way did you develop Frysbe haha.

Exactly why? Someone did right? :smile:
Original post by bhangal96
I personally think its good but of course its a risk on who you open up to over the internet!

It's better than nothing I suppose.
Reply 38
Original post by Andy98
They're the only ones I have :lol:

awhhhhhhhh no stahpppp :hugs: my heart </3
Original post by z33
awhhhhhhhh no stahpppp :hugs: my heart </3

You're my first love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending