The Student Room Group

Switching forms next year but I don’t want to be with one of my friends

So next year the whole year group is gonna switch their forms and we can choose two people we wanna be with. I’m in a friend group of five and we all decided we’d pick each other but me and my best friend don’t really want to be with this girl because she’s really rude and toxic, they used to be best friends and now the girl is always following my best friend everywhere she goes and then ignoring me and leaving me out. Obviously I don’t want to say to her face that I don’t wanna be her friendbut we want to start distancing away from her and we find that this will be a good way. There’s still a possibility of her being in our form if she chooses us but it’s a lower chance if you get what I mean.
Im just wondering if this is too mean even though she is a toxic friend and keeps coming back to us to apologise and then acts the same way again. I tried to drop her a couple of days ago but then she started crying and everyone was blaming me who hadn’t done anything, she was ignoring me first. We said we’ll pick her but then we just won’t and we’ll pick someone else in our group while she thinks that we picked her to be in our form. Is it too mean of us but I feel like it’s a good reason to do this
I had a friend group like this a few years ago, honestly it doesn’t sound like any of those friends are very good (like when you said she got upset and they blamed you despite also sharing your opinions/feelings) if she does have other friends who aren’t your friend group then I think it’s probably best to not ask to be with her, if she doesn’t then I think it could be considered kind of toxic for your group to remain friends with her if you all don’t like her, best of luck
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I had a friend group like this a few years ago, honestly it doesn’t sound like any of those friends are very good (like when you said she got upset and they blamed you despite also sharing your opinions/feelings) if she does have other friends who aren’t your friend group then I think it’s probably best to not ask to be with her, if she doesn’t then I think it could be considered kind of toxic for your group to remain friends with her if you all don’t like her, best of luck

lol I meant all of the people in our form (yes she told the whole form) blamed me, except for my friend group
I don’t want to be with her but then she is always making us pick each other which I don’t want to do
Original post by Heythere…

lol I meant all of the people in our form (yes she told the whole form) blamed me, except for my friend group
I don’t want to be with her but then she is always making us pick each other which I don’t want to do

I’m not gonna tell you what to do so what what I’d do if I was in your situation is talk to my friend group without her and see if we all agree, if we do then we have a friendship break up, if not then voicing my own opinions and putting space between myself and her
Reply 4
Original post by Heythere…
So next year the whole year group is gonna switch their forms and we can choose two people we wanna be with. I’m in a friend group of five and we all decided we’d pick each other but me and my best friend don’t really want to be with this girl because she’s really rude and toxic, they used to be best friends and now the girl is always following my best friend everywhere she goes and then ignoring me and leaving me out. Obviously I don’t want to say to her face that I don’t wanna be her friendbut we want to start distancing away from her and we find that this will be a good way. There’s still a possibility of her being in our form if she chooses us but it’s a lower chance if you get what I mean.
Im just wondering if this is too mean even though she is a toxic friend and keeps coming back to us to apologise and then acts the same way again. I tried to drop her a couple of days ago but then she started crying and everyone was blaming me who hadn’t done anything, she was ignoring me first. We said we’ll pick her but then we just won’t and we’ll pick someone else in our group while she thinks that we picked her to be in our form. Is it too mean of us but I feel like it’s a good reason to do this

I personally don’t think it’s mean at all - there’s no point surrounding yourself with her negativity because it’ll just make going to form more stressful and uncomfortable. If she can’t be a good friend to you then you shouldn’t be required to be a good friend to her either.

Hope you manage to sort this out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending